Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 558 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the rock structure built around Fluffy, to somewhat protect Fluffy from the elements.

I would hope the Creative team designed in a retractable garage door or something similar to put him to sleep each night and during bad weather.

If that were the case, wouldn't he be covered up now before the attraction opens?

i would think that anything that's outdoors would be bolted down for potential windstorms.

Reactions: HPFred and natespf
It is kind of funny that the CGI Fluffy from the recent commercial looks much better than the original CGI from the first film. Not much they can do about that. Which is my main complaint with CGI films...they will eventually look dated by technology, no matter what. A puppet still looks like a puppet, 50 years later..

I think CGI promotes lazy film making. Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 still looks pretty good considering their age but that was when CGI was the last option compared to now where CGI is the first option.

Practical almost always looks better and this applies to theme parks as well. I'm so pumped to see Universal getting back to practical rides.

I think CGI promotes lazy film making. Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 still looks pretty good considering their age but that was when CGI was the last option compared to now where CGI is the first option.

Practical almost always looks better and this applies to theme parks as well. I'm so pumped to see Universal getting back to practical rides.

While I do agree I wanted to make the distinction that the overuse or misuse of computer effects does not mean they are all bad. The peak was when the go to was to use the computer to enhance practical effects. We know the old saying necessity is the mother of invention. Back when they actually had to make something happen in front of a camera that brought in the creativity and problem solving skills of how to get it to work. That would often yield better results than if they can do whatever they want in a computer. I do believe there is a place for computer effects, just used in a way that you wouldn't notice how it was done.

Transformers would have been so much better if the robots were practical

It's been a while since Universal Orlando debuted a major attraction that primarily used practical effects. Hagrid will satisfy that thirst.
I'm so thirsty

Also, lets remember that bad pacing and story can also take a toll on a ride's enjoyability...Practical effects are great, but a ride can still be awful with them (ex: everything at Motiongate Dubai)

I'm so thirsty

Also, lets remember that bad pacing and story can also take a toll on a ride's enjoyability...Practical effects are great, but a ride can still be awful with them (ex: everything at Motiongate Dubai)
Yes, that's true. But this surely looks like a winner from what we can see. This is certainly no Madagascar attraction, practical but boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.