Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

Marquee looks temporary if you zoom in on it.

I’m really curious how long the show will last. It’s setting up shop in a flex space designed for temporary events, and it’s super out of the way. But the park needs the capacity, especially for families with young kids, who I’m sure will love it.

“Temporary” for Disney could mean 2 months or 12 years :lol: It’ll be fun to see what this will be.

Show run time is 10 minutes. With that short of a show, not much can happen. I'm expecting to be disappointed and my expectations have always been low anyway. Then again, this show is aimed more at kids than someone like me. Of course, the concept of this sounds cool had they fleshed it out more.

I can see why capacity was rumored to be high with the show being so short though... you can probably git a couple hundred into the theater per show and if ops is on tops of things, could run as many as 4-5 shows per hour. Rumor is 5 minute turn around between shows.

With this show relying all on the AA, screens and projections, the show won't require much man-power to run it. Mostly just queuing people up for the next show and then ushering them inside.
89ad5ae2-da1c-4396-9f6b-101a0a5b70fa-jpeg.358357

CM previews have been going on and mostly positive feedback coming out. 10 min load process/10 min show. Those who have gone have stressed it’s not like Laugh Floor or Turtle Talk and doesn’t talk down to guests. Some saying they think it could be one of the most popular shows at DHS.

My expectations are still middling, though.

CM previews have been going on and mostly positive feedback coming out. 10 min load process/10 min show. Those who have gone have stressed it’s not like Laugh Floor or Turtle Talk and doesn’t talk down to guests. Some saying they think it could be one of the most popular shows at DHS.

My expectations are still middling, though.
One theater right? 10 minute load process seems really long. If you miss a show, you're waiting in line for 20 minutes (!) to see the next one.

One theater right? 10 minute load process seems really long. If you miss a show, you're waiting in line for 20 minutes (!) to see the next one.
I'm not quite sure if what they meant by that was waiting in the queue + loading into theater or just loading, but it does seem a bit on the long side and i'm sure it could be slimmed down a bit. Especially once they know where in the outside queue is the spot where the theater will fill up to capacity. I expect this to load similar to Turtle talk in that it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes maximum once they've worked out the kinks.

MGM/Hollywood Studios is the king of "temporary" shows lasting for decades.
BatB, Mermaid, Jedi Academy and Frozen - about half of the shows in the park - were all meant to be temporary. They’ve only stuck around bc of high GSATs and greater needs around the park.

The Frozen show was literally thrown together in 10 days and it’s the most popular show in the park. Probably why they went ahead with a BatB sing-a-long for the France pavilion.

The lights they hung outside the Up theater are more exciting than the show.
Unfortunately this is true. The theming they added to the theater is great. Too bad the show stinks.

BatB, Mermaid, Jedi Academy and Frozen - about half of the shows in the park - were all meant to be temporary. They’ve only stuck around bc of high GSATs and greater needs around the park.

The Frozen show was literally thrown together in 10 days and it’s the most popular show in the park. Probably why they went ahead with a BatB sing-a-long for the France pavilion.
The Terminator replacement team could use tips from that Frozen opening team. They're apx. 50 times over and above that 10 day Frozen time. ;):lol:

The Terminator replacement team could use that Frozen opening team. They're apx. 50 times over and above that 10 day Frozen time. ;):lol:
It was Roddy that headed up that project.

Summer 2014 when Disney was in a panick because Diagon was opening and DHS was in free fall. They were told last minute to throw together the entire Frozen Summer Fun event.

It was Roddy that headed up that project.

Summer 2014 when Disney was in a panick because Diagon was opening and DHS was in free fall. They were told last minute to throw together the entire Frozen Summer Fun event.
Yes, I remember that well. Big popsickel cardboard characters and all. :lol: Disney was completely unprepared for Frozen's success.

Yes, I remember that well. Big popsickel cardboard characters and all. :lol: Disney was completely unprepared for Frozen's success.
To be honest, the event was a good time for what it was. Ice skating, fake snow, a decent fireworks that had live singing + actors, the sing-a-long, wandering oakens, etc. Not bad for a slapped together event