Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

To chime in a little more on Ghostbusters, trying to say it doesn't fit or belong in HHN because it's PG is a really lousy reason, after all one of the best houses last year IS a PG film. An I'm legitimately puzzled that a film with both a Ghost BJ and "This man has no d!ck" is somehow thought to be focused on kids.

Anyways...on the rumor of Leave it to Cleaver 2. Going off what might be codenames for original houses (excluding Jerky since that's leaning heavily towards Attack of the Swamp Yet/Sasquatch), we have Pit, Salt, Onyx and Cotton.

For me, I'm leaning towards Pit being the possible codename. One is a easy connection via a Barbeque Pit. That and the house seems suitable for a close-quarters tent. I don't think it's a series which needs big sets that a parade warehouse can accommodate. Not to mention the Sprung tents have previously held TCM, and I'm quite certain that LitC2 is going to feature a chainsaw or two in some fashion.

Last edited:
The main host on GGH, his names Hunter something
Hey that's me! Hi everyone!

This isn't exactly what I imagined my first post on the forums would be like, but regardless it's good to finally be involved with you all in some public manner.

As far as Sabrina, I mentioned on the show that I had simply heard that was the hot rumor instead of Hill House and that it was proposed, but honestly now I'm not too sure on what Netflix property is up next. Personally I feel Sabrina would be a cool property to see adapted, maybe even more so than Hill House. That said, once again, it appears either property is unlikely.

Also, please don't take my show's HHN speculation episodes as anything more than just speculation at this point.

Regardless, once again, nice to meet you all and I look forward to conversing more regularly now.

Hey that's me! Hi everyone!

This isn't exactly what I imagined my first post on the forums would be like, but regardless it's good to finally be involved with you all in some public manner.

As far as Sabrina, I mentioned on the show that I had simply heard that was the hot rumor instead of Hill House and that it was proposed, but honestly now I'm not too sure on what Netflix property is up next. Personally I feel Sabrina would be a cool property to see adapted, maybe even more so than Hill House. That said, once again, it appears either property is unlikely.

Also, please don't take my show's HHN speculation episodes as anything more than just speculation at this point.

Regardless, once again, nice to meet you all and I look forward to conversing more regularly now.

Welcome to the forums!

I noticed you mentioned Hill House is unlikely, do you know if this is because of rights issues or if HHN just wasn’t interested in it at the moment?

Welcome to the forums!

I noticed you mentioned Hill House is unlikely, do you know if this is because of rights issues or if HHN just wasn’t interested in it at the moment?

I have no facts for this or any proof to back it up, but as Legacy and several others have said maze development takes a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if it was simply a matter of Universal being unaware when maze development started last year how popular Hill House would turn out to be with general audiences.

Maybe next year? Who knows.

I’m really hoping we don’t see anything to do with Ghostbusters. GB just isn’t scary. Yes ik there is a comedy house usually but those usually have some scary aspects. Also the movie is PG and was focused on kids, I just don’t think it’s HHN worthy.

I’m going to echo @Kinchkinet85 a little here. Poltergeist was PG, so I see the argument against him regarding why ghostbuster’s rating is irrelevant. However, there’s something to be said about the fact that Poltergeist was a movie designed to scare you. It was designed as a horror movie first and foremost. Whereas with Ghostbusters, it definitely feels like a fantasy/sci-fi/comedy movie that also has some horror characters/themes throughout. It would be interesting to see Uni tackle the film, but the tone of Ghostbusters definitely seems to be the furthest deviated from that of IP’s typically represented at HHN.(That said, I do realize there are some exceptions to the “typical” IP tone that I mentioned, e.g. Fear Factor)

Baphomet. As a satanist, nuff said, even if they owe the Satanic Temple for stealing their design.

HHN still gets oogey about religious themes. E.g. angels in The Fallen become regular humans with suspicious back scars, or AHS Apocalypse not being done (may have been other reasons, but I suspect a factor). Even The Exorcist probably featured the least amount of religious content they could get away with.

HHN still gets oogey about religious themes. E.g. angels in The Fallen become regular humans with suspicious back scars, or AHS Apocalypse not being done (may have been other reasons, but I suspect a factor). Even The Exorcist probably featured the least amount of religious content they could get away with.
Yeah, but most of the punters will just think it's the prop from the show.

I was listening to the Grim Grinning Hosts podcast, and I dont know how he would’ve known this, but the host said that Netflix wouldn’t let them have Haunting of Hill House but offered them Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and that’s coming this year.

So I gave Kenny some poop over this and he said it was speculative conversation. So no.

As far as the current rumor slate, the current hypothetical lineup of Ghostbusters, House of a 1000 Corpses and The Thing for IP houses does personally get me excited.

26 had three classic horror movie adaptations with the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Halloween II and The Exorcist all being adapted. Couple this with the highly adored (at least by the general public) first iteration of American Horror Story; that year had well known properties for everyone.

29 could be taking a very similar approach with their property lineup if the current rumors are true.

Parallels:

Extremely Popular TV Show: StrTh/AHS

Beloved Genre Films: GB/Exorcist, The Thing/Texas Chainsaw

Cult Favorite Horror: Hoa1KC/H II

Saw Us last night, and recently watched Get Out again. I hope in the future we see a Jordan Peele best of house. There are so many great, suspenseful, and startling scenes in both of those movies (god that Good Vibrations Scene!).

Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, Jordan Peele -the torch is getting passed along.

I haven't dug that far back so excuse me if this has been discussed.

But has the Happy Death Day discussion died down? That had some traction awhile back as well, a house using both films in the series instead of a Horrors of Blum mashup again. That could be the fifth property if Klowns is indeed dropped.