Avengers: Endgame (2019) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got my tickets booked for Friday night. (I thought Thursday was midnight previews?)

But my god, was that an ordeal. If my wife didn't have an account with her card details saved, I don't think it would have went through. Odeon's website was crashing every 30 seconds or so.

Just got the email from my local independent cinema in my town that tickets are now available, Thurs 25th 16:15 showing, I was the first tkt booked lol. Looks like Odeon in the UK is pooping itself as well lol

Last edited:
Jesus Christ the Fandango website is causing my entire computer to lag out of existence.

On the bright side, it looks like this movie will make over a billion dollars on opening weekend. I've never seen this much hype over anything in my life.

Reactions: Freak and Dhdhddh
All I am seeing on twitter is people raging that AMC/Fandango is not letting them buy their Endgame tickets

Well, I think it's safe to say this movie's hype arguably is outhyping all others. Impressive considering that a lot of people are still waiting to get their tickets due to all the downtime.

To date, Avengers: Endgame has sold three times more tickets on Atom in the first hour of pre-sales than Avengers: Infinity War did last year. The first hour of Avengers: Endgame presales also outstrips Atom’s first hour sales for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Set First Hour Presales Record, Crash Ticket Sites | Deadline

We'll see what the 1-day totals are looking like tomorrow.

The closest theater to my house is a 4-screen independent that only does advance tickets in person or over the phone. So I walked in over lunch and officially became the first person to score a ticket for opening night there! One of the perks of not living in a giant market -- no online feeding frenzy to snag a seat.

As for the new trailer, I had a friend tell me I shouldn't watch it, so I'm following her advice and not watching it!

That's why I like the 3 screen cinema in my town (it opened in 1916 ! it also won Cinema of the Year (24 screens and under) in The Screen Awards 2018.) He has just upgraded the 3 projectors to 4k and has high end sound in all 3 screens, he also owns the Restaurant opposite so does movie and a meal deals all the time too.

Reactions: belloq87
Got my tickets! Seeing it with ten people Sunday night at the Hollywood Cineramadome. The only thing is I will have to go the entire weekend without social media. I can’t take any chances.

Had to settle for a regular screening opening night up at the altamonte amc with a dolby viewing monday at the springs. The amc app is still down but their website is finally back up as it was on a maimtenence page for like the last hour or so.

People complaining they had to wait an hour for tickets. LOL. I remember queuing up at the Winter Park theater for the premiere of "The Empire Strikes back" 14 hours before the start time. (To be fair, it was one of only 3 theaters showing the film in Florida for the first 4 weeks - and the other two were in Miami). I remember standing in line 5 hours for "Star Wars" and 4 hours for "Star Trek:TMP". Those were the days... lol

Reactions: frank_1991_
I'm genuinely curious how long it will be before another movie comes along with this level of hype. This is unreal.

I'm genuinely curious how long it will be before another movie comes along with this level of hype. This is unreal.

If not for TLJ, I'd say Star Wars 9 would have had a shot. Other than that the only thing in the pipeline that could compete would be Avatar 2. Not that I'm saying either will, just that those are the only ones that have the potential.

Reactions: Andysol
I don’t think Avatar 2 will have the hype as much as pure curiosity.

Yeah, I definitely think that Avatar 2 will do really well at the box office (at this point I don't know why anyone would doubt James Cameron's ability to bring in audiences) but I absolutely do not think it's going to crash theater websites worldwide like Endgame did today.

Reactions: SeventyOne