Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am more hyped up for this, even though not a big fan of Intamin after working at CP for 5 years. I am hoping they do a unique type inversion like somehow a Raptor claw inversion. Maverick has the 2 horseshoe inversions.And if it is gonna hopefully beat Taron, I am all for it. Like some people have said this ride is gonna have more theming than expected, then I can't wait to zoom thru some rock work, head chop elements and a water feature. Please Intamin don't disappoint us, especially since it looks they have a lot of projects going on thru 2019-2020 the BGW coaster, 2021 JP/JW and Parc Asterix and I am sure a lot of others .

Seriously, what is up with the coaster? My first time riding after the redo was awful, he felt far worse than before. Riding it last year and it was fine.

Are they running two trains, one Hulk and one Bruce Banner and not telling people?

This doesn't excuse the new roughness but I think that Hulk probably had the most run throughs of any B&M coaster in the world before it got demolished.
Kumba would like a word.... along with the other 21 B&M's that are older that are still running

Kumba would like a word.... along with the other 21 B&M's that are older that are still running

They may be older but have they had more run throughs? Most of the other early B&M coasters are also located in seasonal parks that don't get any where near the numbers that IOA does.

I've been to Busch and seen Kumba running only one train while Hulk is running three trains on the same day.

They may be older but have they had more run throughs? Most of the other early B&M coasters are also located in seasonal parks that don't get any where near the numbers that IOA does.

I've been to Busch and seen Kumba running only one train while Hulk is running three trains on the same day.

Agree but Raptor at Cedarpoint is five years older and runs in a much harsher climate, although, as you said, it is closed five months each year. Even so, it runs very smoothly. I would also submit that not all B&M's react the same. Diamondback at Kings Island opened in 2009 and has developed an annoying vibration at the bottom of the hill exiting the hammerhead turnaround. In the back, it's a little rough. Other B&M's don't have that problem. I rode Hulk last year and thought that it was pretty smooth. So, it could just be the train that you are on or the seat that you are in.

Agree but Raptor at Cedarpoint is five years older and runs in a much harsher climate, although, as you said, it is closed five months each year. Even so, it runs very smoothly. I would also submit that not all B&M's react the same. Diamondback at Kings Island opened in 2009 and has developed an annoying vibration at the bottom of the hill exiting the hammerhead turnaround. In the back, it's a little rough. Other B&M's don't have that problem. I rode Hulk last year and thought that it was pretty smooth. So, it could just be the train that you are on or the seat that you are in.

There's lots of variables that can change the roughness of a coaster: where you sit, temperature, how tight they fit the wheels, wind, etc.

A big issue for me with Hulk is the OTS restraints

Raptor is far from smooth. After getting used to Disney/Universal rides and then going to Cedar Point last year for the first time in 10+ years, Raptor was a massive disappointment. It was so jarring and borderline painful to ride. It used to be one of my favorite coasters, now I could care less if I ride it again because of how rough it is.

So with Hollywood seemingly getting a Raptor "box" for their new RE, is that similar to what will eventually move behind Pizza Predatoria or are we thinking more in line of what we have now?

Hopefully they try to replicate the paddock/electrified fence look.

I think the setup IOA has now is perfect. Not seeing the legs of the Actor really helps the immersion.

With the clearing of the trike encounter in the past months I have been able to catch a glimpse of the structures/props they have at their disposal. From the main walking path near the JPRA where kiosks once were I saw containment cages through the cleared brush that were definitely Raptor sized. It would be neat if they split the props up between the new Raptor Encounter and some for theming the new Coaster. Imagine walking by a Raptor Cage that was being knocked around with sounds coming from inside before getting to the Photo Op Area.

Something else that I am curious about is other Raptors. USJ JP has the 3 different Raptors I believe. And one of them is from JPIII!! I would love to have a Raptor model from each movie. Brown from JP, Tiger Striped from TLW, feathered from JPIII and then Blue.

I know in the past JP in IOA was supposed to be a new island set after the events of the Nublar incident. But with them bringing in Blue and promoting her as the last living raptor on Isla Nublar is there a new story? Is this a soft reboot in order to convert the land to JW? While I hope Orlando never turns into JW, I understand if it does to keep it current with the Franchise.

*tree sidenote*

That tree and palm combo is called a specimen plant in the industry. I am quite sure that tree is a form of Fig that has enveloped the trunk of the palm (think strangler fig). There is at least one other of these in the DC area further up the path.

It might looks something like this up close:

6563edb2ec2862f4285a86bc12aad7f7.jpg

Life got busy and I am way behind around here....but this caught my eye as something simular caught my eye ;ast month when I was walking a local nature trail...neat how trees help each other or something!

20190210_trees_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.