Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I recall, it was featured last year (granted as a gift shop) at the Horror Made Here event (EDIT: Others beat me to it). Not that that precludes it from ever coming, but who knows.

On that note, I have had an idea brewing for a loooong time about a musical house, where certain scares are timed with musical cues, an original soundtrack and songs accompany the scenes, and other interstitial scares are done in such a way that they blend with the baseline background beat and music (ala what they did with Legend of Zelda Windwaker, where the sound effects during certain fights were made to sound like organic hits within the score itself)

I love the idea of this, have you ever played Raymen Legends?

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
I love the idea of this, have you ever played Raymen Legends?
I haven't, but just looked it up! Seems like the music levels are similar to Guitar Hero or other rhythm games!

I think the concept of scares being synced to the beats of the music could work really well in the context of a house, provided the directions and movements of the actors were unpredictable enough to offset the predictability of when it was coming. Would get you all tensed up in anticipation, knowing it was coming on the downbeat, but the fear would come not knowing from where it was going to come. Not to mention a slew of properties could work for this (Repo! comes to mind).

Anywho, wishing can only get so far, back to reality, haha

ST2, Ghostbusters, HoaTC, and Hostel sounds about right for IPs. Universal rarely finds a perfect lineup of IPs for HHN and that line up is the right amount of flawed.
Where would you say the flaw would be? I'd skip Hostel myself.

Poltergeist and Trick R Treat are like top 20, possibly top 10 favorite horror movies for me. Shining and Saw are def up there for me too, so I should probably curb my expectations that this year would be as exciting for me.

Reactions: johnathanm
we kinda had a hostel maze in 16
9047322721_091c293d66_b.jpg

Where would you say the flaw would be? I'd skip Hostel myself.

Hostel is my main target. While I think HoaTC is a crappy film made by a hack director, its premise is quite fitting for a haunt. Hostel is an even worse offender of terrible film making for the sake of “How far can we go and how much can we get away with?” So many better exploitation films that deserve to be celebrated over Eli Roth’s clunker of a shock film.

I’d rather have a gory original, but Hostel comes with name recognition, and Universal loves their money, so...there it is.

With those 4 IPs, you get one celebrated modern property, one celebrated classic property, one cult classic, and one gross out property that the GP will remember and dare one another to experience.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Hostel is my main target. While I think HoaTC is a crappy film made by a hack director, its premise is quite fitting for a haunt. Hostel is an even worse offender of terrible film making for the sake of “How far can we go and how much can we get away with?” So many better exploitation films that deserve to be celebrated over Eli Roth’s clunker of a shock film.

I’d rather have a gory original, but Hostel comes with name recognition, and Universal loves their money, so...there it is.

With those 4 IPs, you get one celebrated modern property, one celebrated classic property, one cult classic, and one gross out property that the GP will remember and dare one another to experience.
I can't disagree strongly enough on HoTC. That is a hell of a fun movie, with its only shortcoming being the ending. The original ending would have made a hell of a lot more sense.

I can't disagree strongly enough on HoTC. That is a hell of a fun movie, with its only shortcoming being the ending. The original ending would have made a hell of a lot more sense.

I’m obviously not a fan of the film or Rob Zombie, and it’s just my opinion. If it ends up at HHN, I’ll end up watching it again. My initial reaction to seeing it was that I liked the premise, but thought the story was labored and predictable.

Reactions: RevFreako