Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know if this is the best thread, but it does pop into my head a bit more.

If Disney wants to do a cheap and easy change for the 50th of WDW, why don't they just reconvert the entire RNRC area/coaster, into a form of Cars based attraction/area? I would imagine they wouldn't have to do much, outside of a few things of note; and it could be an easy way to get people over to that section of the park.

I think the argument against that is that they enough people coming over to RnRC as it is, and the demo that Cars attracts won’t be riding WDW’s most thrilling ride.

Reactions: Andysol
I think the argument against that is that they enough people coming over to RnRC as it is, and the demo that Cars attracts won’t be riding WDW’s most thrilling ride.
Exactly. Pouring money into RNRC is probably last on their list when the park is in need of help in so many other places.

It attracts crowds as is. The only reason to change is if they terminate the contract with Aerosmith to put in a Disney IP (which I don’t put past them), but I also don’t think it’s a priority either.

I heard a rumor that Cars Land is going to be built on the right side of Toy Story Land. It will consist of Luigi’s, a Rock n Rollercoaster retheme and the new Lightning Mcqueen Academy.

I heard a rumor that Cars Land is going to be built on the right side of Toy Story Land. It will consist of Luigi’s, a Rock n Rollercoaster retheme and the new Lightning Mcqueen Academy.

No chance.

If cars land ever does come to the east coast the one ride that will definitely make it will be Radiator Springs Racers. The fact that Star wars has now taken the perfect spot for Cars Land pretty much confirms it isn't coming to DHS IMO.

This pic from bio baffles me:
D3ayn9MWwAAWXHk.jpg

I wanted to put the full size image there so you see the whole thing. Notice where most of the cares are parked (hint: it's on the opposite side of the tram pickup/dropoff).

What baffles me is why they didn't move the tram lane. With so many guest cars to that side of the tram pickup (actually, all cars except medical parking are over there), it would've made a lot of sense to move the tram lane closer to what the new "center" is. It makes zero sense why they would redo the entire parking lot, but leave that one lane the same.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If they made the main attraction for a cars land a RNRC retheme then disney failed.

Tram dropoff/Security is getting there. With normal construction, this should be done quick, but at Disney's pace, i'm gonna say somewhere around Memorial Day-ish.

Not a fan of the large span of grey concrete.

Reactions: belloq87
Take it of what you will..

"The Aerosmith theme and songs may be going away from the Rock n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios soon, and a new theme may be added."

New details I learned during my visit to Walt Disney Imagineering
If they've been truly testing this as long as I've heard about it, this has been a 3 year work-in-progress. Would not be surprised if this is a week long refurb for changes or an overnight change. (If they're just changing the songs/ storyline and not the overall theme)

Take it of what you will..

"The Aerosmith theme and songs may be going away from the Rock n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios soon, and a new theme may be added."

New details I learned during my visit to Walt Disney Imagineering
What a fascinating article. The Imagineer was way more frank than you'd expect considering they were talking with a journalist.

If they were going to swap out the theme, it's close to now-or-never. DHS will need all the capacity it can get once Galaxy's Edge opens up. That means they either shut down RnRC right now or wait until Mickey's ride opens up and hope to get this ride updated by the 50th.

To me, the first plan is way smarter.

My guess, is that if RNRC goes down of a WDW50 project; they could very much do a Mission Breakout, and close it around the end of next year.

As far as themes, I said this once; but Cars could work really well if they incorporate it with the recently opened Racing Academy. It still seemingly sells enough merchandise to continue investing, and it wouldn't be as hard of an retheme for them to do.

In February I was struck at how *old* RNRC feels, and not in a good way. I personally think changing it over to a version of the IncrediCoaster would be a good idea, and move all the Incredibles stuff over from by Toy Story Land

It mostly felt old in the queue and preshow.

Doesn't help that Aerosmith has really lost its relevance as a band.
None of this is wrong, but RNRC is also a low priority for what needs to happen at DHS in the time being (imo). It'll always be popular. If they can get a retheme done a proper budget sometime though I certainly won't be against it. An IncrediCoaster type thing would seem sort of like the direction they'll end up going, but I really wish they would use that IP for an actual dark ride.

None of this is wrong, but RNRC is also a low priority for what needs to happen at DHS in the time being (imo). It'll always be popular. If they can get a retheme done a proper budget sometime though I certainly won't be against it. An IncrediCoaster type thing would seem sort of like the direction they'll end up going, but I really wish they would use that IP for an actual dark ride.
I would love an Incredibles dark ride. I never thought Disney would ever demolish a coaster, but the parks are going to have a lot of coasters by the 50th. I think Disney could lose this coaster and keep the parks balanced.

Reactions: therock