Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Their initial plans were to have this open DURING HHN, so I wouldn't write out an August grand opening to piggyback off of SWGE*.

*Yes I know a Bourne stunt show is not the same as a $1bn+ Star Wars land that could possibly change the game of theme parks, but having media in town for one event then turn around and have them at Uni for the next makes sense.

An August opening will have meant the staff has been rehearsing for something like 10/11 months from the last time someone said they started blocking. Yeah... no.

Can we go ahead and disregard the second "blocking" and rehearsal rumors that were mentioned last September. Keeping in mind we've already discounted the original mention of blocking starting which was May of 2018. And we'll also conveniently ignore the "early spring" opening that was touted.

TLDR; Whoever told you those "initial plans", I would take with the heaviest grain of salt. I don't think there's a single person who has a clue what's going on with this project to be honest. Outside of it being Bourne; which who is to say that's even accurate at this point.

Last edited:
An August opening will have meant the staff has been rehearsing for something like 10/11 months from the last time someone said they started blocking. Yeah... no.

Can we go ahead and disregard the second "blocking" and rehearsal rumors that were mentioned last September. Keeping in mind we've already discounted the original mention of blocking starting which was May of 2018. And we'll also conveniently ignore the "early spring" opening that was touted.

TLDR; Whoever told you those "initial plans", I would take with the heaviest grain of salt. I don't think there's a single person who has a clue what's going on with this project to be honest. Outside of it being Bourne; which who is to say that's even accurate at this point.

Probably, I'm sharing what I know as of now.

I can tell you they are rehearsing now.

I'd also say Bourne is a lock at this point.

Probably, I'm sharing what I know as of now.

No doubt, and it's appreciated. It wasn't a shot at you. It's reminiscent of Kidzone in the sense of "Don't believe what you hear". But at least with this, construction has started and it will be something eventually.

No doubt, and it's appreciated. It wasn't a shot at you. It's reminiscent of Kidzone in the sense of "Don't believe what you hear". But at least with this, construction has started and it will be something eventually.

Well that's the thing. Plans change and timelines evolve.. KidZone was happening each time. We've stated before that there is evidence it's been on the brink of going away, but ends up getting that last minute stay of execution. We try to paint a complete picture based of what we feel confident in sharing, which isn't really easy because we choose on what information we share - and even then we don't always have the complete picture.

Plans change and timelines evolve.

Well, maybe. There's also the possibility that whoever told someone something was simply wrong.

Example: Take the blocking that was rumored to be "currently" happening in May 2018, or "currently happening" September 2018, or the early Spring opening, etc; the response is always "plans changed" and no one ever considers the possibility that it was simply wrong information from the beginning and absolutely nothing changed.

I'm not saying it won't be Bourne, It likely is. But painting a picture with what you feel confident in might be wholly inaccurate in and of itself.
Such is life in the rumor mill. My point was that this project, in particular, the tried and true insiders have simply been wrong on almost everything. Again and again. I just don't think there's good info out there (obviously).

Well, maybe. There's also the possibility that whoever told someone something was simply wrong.

Example: Take the blocking that was rumored to be happening in May 2018, or September 2018, or the early Spring opening, etc; the response is always "plans changed" and no one ever considers the possibility that it was simply wrong information from the beginning and absolutely nothing changed.

I'm not saying it won't be Bourne, It likely is. But painting a picture with what you feel confident in might be wholly inaccurate in and of itself. Such is life in the rumor mill. My point was that this project, in particular, the tried and true insiders have simply been wrong on almost everything. Again and again. I just don't think there's good info out there (obviously).

I can only speak on behalf of myself - but I vet information before I feel comfortable with sharing it and even then I just try to steer all discussions into speculation. Just because Person A says it and has a great track record doesn't mean anything to me. It's when Person B, Person C, etc... start providing the same or at least similar intel. The only time I really start showing my hand is when I quell any crazy rumor, where the discussion starts spiraling out of control - as I don't want the rumor to start becoming "fact", or a whole bunch of random bits becoming part of the larger story.

Undoubtedly, there is the possibility that sources are wrong - but when a lot of unconnected people are singin' the same tune....

I can tell you they are rehearsing now.

Is there any way to get a point of reference for a "typical" rehearsal period for a decent-sized live action theme park show?

If they truly are already rehearsing, it doesn't seem like the opening would be many, many months away. But again, I don't know what the standard is for a show of this sort.

Honestly, I don't really know as I'm unfamiliar with the process. What I do know, and this is probably a good way to gauge the process - the Supercharged Media Night Opening that featured the little car stunt was rehearsed for about 1.5-2 months.

Going off that bit of info, we know this show is going to be longer, and a lot more involved - I could see rehearsals taking a good amount of time.

That's why I feel this show could be announced tomorrow, and be ready to open in a month's time.

The kind of “Blocking” that was discussed last year would have been done off-site and before the final show was ready. This would be used to figure out how big the stage areas would need to be, where to place specific effects (like fire vents in the stage) and to perfect the combination of screen elements and live elements. This type of blocking would not require the actual actors, as it is for developing the show before construction was even to begin.

The type of rehearsals reportedly going on now would be on site, and with the actual actors for the show.

They were two very different types of things, hence the large gap between the reporting of them.

Is there any way to get a point of reference for a "typical" rehearsal period for a decent-sized live action theme park show?

If they truly are already rehearsing, it doesn't seem like the opening would be many, many months away. But again, I don't know what the standard is for a show of this sort.
Bill and Ted was typically 8-12 weeks. The Beetlejuice revamps (I believe) were 6-10 (because it changing instead of creating).

That said, stunt and multimedia shows (think arena shows) can take up to 6 months of rehearsals with casts. The more technically complicated the show, the longer rehearsals can take. If Bourne has the type of stuff I’m anticipating, four months of full-performance rehearsals wouldn’t be impossible.

Because not only do they have to rehearse the show, they ALSO have to rehearse B/C alternate shows for when effects don’t work.

Their initial plans were to have this open DURING HHN, so I wouldn't write out an August grand opening to piggyback off of SWGE*.

*Yes I know a Bourne stunt show is not the same as a $1bn+ Star Wars land that could possibly change the game of theme parks, but having media in town for one event then turn around and have them at Uni for the next makes sense.
And they also have Potter that they can boost again during that time

I’d be surprised if much rehearsing is going on. Rode the Mardi Gras float recently and there was still a gaping hole into the building and circlular holes near the roof line