Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I'm guessing Halloween is still a red herring, but the Warriors guess was wrong.

They're in a diner and Teddy's drinking coffee, so maybe they're gonna do Twin Peaks finally?

EDIT: If done on purpose, the cut off text at the end "little weird o" could be a (vaguely offensive? IDK.) reference to the The Man From Another Place in the Black Lodge.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wondered if the little weird o bit was cut off on purpose. If that has anything to do with it, maybe Puppet Master or Demonic Toys or The Gate or Monster Squad or... something. Leprechaun? Has anyone said Leprechaun?

The clue could work well for Trick R Treat, but, uhm, no.

Also, I know nothing at all of Johnny Bananas, but the image is a man in black...

Last edited:
dp - how though? the main threat is a giant monster. sure you got parasites, but that's only for 2 scenes (subway and hotel). for the rest of the movie, the threat is a giant monster. i don't know how universal can do a giant monster themed maze.
I have no idea. I mentioned unconventional horror films like Blair Witch and paranormal activity when trying to solve the Bob's Burgers clue and was completely ignored. Then I searched horror movies that are from a first person pov. Then I saw that Cloverfield wasn't mentioned and that it came out 11 years ago.

Hey, it might not make sense but I'm trying. Legacy posted the Bob's Burgers gif on Sunday and said that it has been flirted with, by Monday. So I just looked over everything that was posted between then.
Now that I'm thinking about it, he didn't say if it was flirted with before or after he posted the gif..

Johnny Bananas also appeared in Scream apparently? (Which I think may have been mentioned before) But I feel like that may be a red herring, seeing as the rest of Legacy’s clues came from animated shows, I think that might be what Legacy is hinting at with repeating where all his other clues came from. I think @hhnlover is probably on the right track, I just don’t know enough about robot chicken or American Dad to come up with anything.

robot chicken
chicken
f2ff409d4562a6a4f67fb0007ac7b72c.jpg

johnny bananas appeared in robot chicken as himself and ken carson. he also appeared in american dad as himself

edit - legacy just liked my post...im on the right track.

The Robot Chicken intro is a mad scientist bringing the dead back to life. Frankenstein or Re-Animator fit that description, but I know Re-Animator was mentioned before. I'm sure there are more horror movies with that concept I am forgetting.

Also, I didn't think anything g of it at the time, but Legacy also liked my post where I mentioned Re-Animator in passing, so maybe there is something to that line of thinking at least

Last edited:
Also, the Bob's Burgers clue, that clip comes from an episode which is about the kids going trick or treating in a rich neighbourhood, but getting attacked by a bunch of teenagers as part of a game.

I think this definitely could be Halloween III. I know it has been mentioned before in this thread, but maybe Legacy saying it's an IP that hasn't been mentioned is just him trying to throw us all off the scent.
Maybe this is the strategy for Bob's Burgers ??

I was just wondering if that could be something to strengthen that particular speculation, but that’s good to know.
So, a common challenge when it comes to deciphering clues (and by common, I’ve seen it happen with clues for ten years playing speculation) is trying to take what you “know” and applying it to a clue.

It would be easy to say, “We know Chicken is a code name, Johnny Bananas did a voice for Robot Chicken. Bam - Solved.” It may be right, but it’s not solved. Just like it’s easy to say “Cotton is a code name, there’s cotton candy in Killer Klowns. Bam - Solved.” It may be right, but it may not be. It could be a witch house (Cotton Mather). It could be a Nightingales house (“Way Down South (In the Land of Cotton”). It could be “The Last Exorcism” (Cotton Marcus).

Speculation is about finding how things are connected. If you can find the most connections, chances are that’s the right answer.

In regards to Bob’s Burgers, I’ve said it’s more than 10 years old. That could mean it’s 20, 30, 40, or even 80 years old (it’s not 80 years old). Someone, in this thread, has STATED THE SOLUTION. They didn’t go far enough in guessing the movie.