Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they stated the solution, then we can figure out the solution and then connect movies to it.

It could be the sign in the back? The Jack O Lentil Burger. That was mentioned once BUT we put no attention into it. We've talked about it being on Halloween and the Weird O(out there) thing. Only one person mentioned the burger sign.

It's Halloween, things can get a little weirdo. Too bad Attack The Block was set on Guy Fawkes Day. I'm running out of not talked about guesses.

What I'm gathering is, this is an older movie that hasn't been mentioned, where kids (or teens) are involved in the plot, and some of them or (or a loved one) is killed. I'm not sure if The Last House on the Left has been mentioned..

Reactions: Kadath
The quote is “It’s Halloween. Things can get a little weird out there” is the full quote.

That gif-maker wasn’t the best.

Going off of that fact we should realize the full way to actually find what we're looking for, is the quote the main piece?

Hey Legacy, do you ever get annoyed or bothered by answers that you know are way off? Or do you ever wonder why no one is solving a clue that you feel is obvious?

What about Friday the 13th. In the 2009 movie Jason has tunnels under the camp to get around “secret passages”. The teens in the movie have to save the girl trapped in the tunnels with Jason. So you can say the other teens are also “trapped”. This goes with the kids being trapped in a room and have to find a way out which has been mentioned on page 162 and it was made in 2009 exactly ten years ago and others before that. I might be far off since WB owns Friday the 13th and since I’m kinda stretching the idea but it’s an idea that keeps coming back to me and I would love to see Friday the 13th.

Hey Legacy, do you ever get annoyed or bothered by answers that you know are way off? Or do you ever wonder why no one is solving a clue that you feel is obvious?
It depends. If I can see where there's logic, I enjoy that. It's puzzle solving, after all. Logic games. If y'all can figure it out, then I know it's a good clue.

The only time it gets frustrating is when I feel like people are trying to brute force the answer.

The Bananas clue isn't easy. I think the Bob's Burger clue was a bit easier. BOTH of them (and the Family Guy clue, TBH, which I thought would be too easy) have really obvious answers once you figure it out.

I sow chaos a bit to extend the game. "Carney it up a bit." I may counter a correct guess that's supported by bad logic. I'll redirect or give non-answers. And yes, I may lie here are there.

But, two things:

1) If a guess is correct but has bad/no logic, I won't say the guess is wrong.

2) I won't lie about what the right (or wrong) answer to a clue is. So if I say, "The Family Guy clue isn't Leprechaun," then the Family Guy clue isn't Leprechaun.

Last edited:
Stepping in..and here's a thought,

In 87, there was a film made by TriStar called The Monster Squad, that took inspiration of various individuals from the Universal Monsters, and planted them in the suburbs.

Perhaps I'm off kilter, but maybe it's more of a concept inspired by that, but using the Universal Monsters proper to essentially raise hell in a small town? Im not entirely sure where Orlando can and can't use UM for the event, so that's my guess.

It could be because I'm not thinking more rationally, either by lack of sleep or me going crazy; but reading the hint and looking around has brought me to that guess.

A very weird Leap in direction but could it be something recent like the movie escape room? That’s what I think of with the kids stuck in the basement trying to find ways out with secret passages. Idk any thoughts? @Legacy

This quote was essentially overlooked. Maybe this is on the right track. Immediately brings me thoughts of The Descent and Pan’s Labyrinth, but I don’t expect that those guesses have any merit necessarily.

Also, only @kingmantis utilized the episode’s trailer to determine possible leads and that method was not discussed much more, so maybe that’s on the right track.

That is good info. Wasn't sure if it was intentional.

Though now I'm just thinking about the Buffy episode in which people become what their costumes are.

Sadly, I bet it's not, but a Buffy house would be my favorite of all time, probably the first time ever I skip a new house to go through Buffy more than once.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Another idea I have that may sound silly but keeps coming to me so I decided to post is is Halloweentown. It may not be the scariest but it’s always Halloween there so it fits the Bobs Bugers quote and in one the kids get trapped in Halloweentown becouse the villain puts a curse on the portal back home. Just a thought I had that keeps coming to mind, I fount it will happen though.

Another point and a hint for Bob's Burgers:

There's a reason I used Rick and Morty last year, and why I'm using what I'm using this year. Basically, I know these shows extremely well. My wife and I watch these shows all the time. So gags, themes, quotes, and additional context is already in my head. Typically, the only "research" I'm doing is confirming details to avoid ambiguity where I can.

That said - For the Bob's Burgers clue, I had to use a gif from this specific episode. And for additional context, this isn't their only Halloween episode.

Another point and a hint for Bob's Burgers:

There's a reason I used Rick and Morty last year, and why I'm using what I'm using this year. Basically, I know these shows extremely well. My wife and I watch these shows all the time. So gags, themes, quotes, and additional context is already in my head. Typically, the only "research" I'm doing is confirming details to avoid ambiguity where I can.

That said - For the Bob's Burgers clue, I had to use a gif from this specific episode. And for additional context, this isn't their only Halloween episode.

Mummy house?

Reactions: tankart150