Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I’m guessing this is Orlando’s answer to Hollywood’s Suspiria in terms of pretty cult property?

Also, this and HotC in the same year:eek:O: Must be a cult classic theme or they’re banking on ST2 to bring in the crowds like last year
I'm speculating on it, but it "feels" right. I could be wrong though.

That said, remember how last year's "eighties theme" wasn't actually just a nice idea that fans stuck to event so they could say it was a theme?

Don't expect a theme.

I'm speculating on it, but it "feels" right. I could be wrong though.

That said, remember how last year's "eighties theme" wasn't actually just a nice idea that fans stuck to event so they could say it was a theme?

Don't expect a theme.

I do wish they went further with that. The TV should've been the marketing icon last year instead of the pumpkins, for example. Also would've been better to play music that was actually from the early '80s outside DE2, as catchy as the techno music was.

Anyways, I would argue that if the Bigfoot rumors are true, you could definitely stick a "cult classic theme" on this year even if it's not intentional.

I would prefer Ghostbusters doesn't happen, but if it does, then as someone mentioned previously, entering the queue by the NY library would be really cool.

Last edited:
If Hysteria is Ghostbusters, I'm going to guess Dog is KKfOS and ST was Pressure. Maybe Pumpkinhead is Drill?

Chicken is likely HoTC.
Pressure is a tent, so there's almost no way Stranger Things would go in there. More likely is Ghostbusters, Klowns, or both just aren't showing up this year.

To be fair, the main GIF that was given to go off of was “weird things happening on Halloween”. That’s just bait for a million different guesses.

I mean, the movie is called PUMPKINhead, I'm a little shocked myself that no one even randomly threw it out.

Reactions: Darko
Oooh, Pumpkinhead! I'm down for a wicked creature house.

As for codenames, hmmm.

Hysteria - ST 2&3
Wasn't it pretty well established that this is ST due to the reaction of the 1st one last year?

Dog - Pumpkinhead.
I was thinking this was Ghostbusters, but Pumpkinhead does have a dog named Gypsy in it. An honestly I don't know how Pumpkinhead would fit with the other codenames.

Pressure - Ghostbusters
While I thought this is more suited for KKfOS due to the sheer pressure of getting it right, I'm getting the vibe that the chances of this being a house are dropping. An the next biggest rumored property besides ST is GB.

Chicken - HoTC
The connection is pretty easy with Captain Spaulding's fried chicken.

So the last possible IP codename is Drill, whatever could that be? Now if KKfOS is actually happening -and- all the above houses are confirmed...I'm at a little loss which one fit's this codename.