Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So from this, it looks like you’ll have about 15-20 second from when the gondola comes around to load station to when the doors close. For most people, should be enough time. Then again, tourists.

I wonder if the cabin size has anything to do with the new stroller regulations.

The cabin size can accommodate an ECV, so the stroller issue was more a case of the wagons and strollers getting larger and larger all the time.

Reactions: Scott W.
So from this, it looks like you’ll have about 15-20 second from when the gondola comes around to load station to when the doors close. For most people, should be enough time. Then again, tourists.
Looks like around the same amount of time if not more than Peoplemover or Spaceship Earth loads and both of those you have to step up into.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
Not with a stroller tho.
The gondolas are flush with the ground so it won’t be difficult to get them in... just roll right on up. Or CMs will simply ask that guests fold up strollers prior to boarding.

And of course ECV’s and wheel chairs will have a separate boarding area that will allow them more time.

15 minutes from Caribbean Beach to International Gateway is... quite a long time. I've been one to say that these will work with no air conditioning, but it's not like they're gonna be cold. They're gonna have a slight breeze coming in which will be working off of already hot weather so for 15 minutes, this could get rough.

The upside is that they it's a consistently moving mode of transportation rather than waiting 15 minutes for a bus and then driving 15 minutes to a theme park. I'm fascinated at how these will handle a thunder/lightning storm or how early Disney will shut these down prior to a storm reaching the area, though.

15 minutes from Caribbean Beach to International Gateway is... quite a long time. I've been one to say that these will work with no air conditioning, but it's not like they're gonna be cold. They're gonna have a slight breeze coming in which will be working off of already hot weather so for 15 minutes, this could get rough.

The upside is that they it's a consistently moving mode of transportation rather than waiting 15 minutes for a bus and then driving 15 minutes to a theme park. I'm fascinated at how these will handle a thunder/lightning storm or how early Disney will shut these down prior to a storm reaching the area, though.
Thats kind of a long time - Figure if you're going the Epcot/Studios route - 15 minutes + 7 minutes plus whatever transfer time (lets say 5 minutes) thats 27 minutes!

Thats kind of a long time - Figure if you're going the Epcot/Studios route - 15 minutes + 7 minutes plus whatever transfer time (lets say 5 minutes) thats 27 minutes!
Still better than walking all the way back up to the front of the park and to the bus stop if I’m back in World Showcase.

But yeah, the transfer from Epcot to DHS could take a long time... but then again, this system wasn’t meant to connect parks, but connect previously unconnected resorts.

Reactions: SeventyOne