Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Unsure if these have been posted at all, thought it was nice to have a good idea at the comparable room sizes.

For both Surfside Inn and Dockside Inn;

View attachment 9073
Just to exhibit how huge the 'standard Portofino' Bay rooms are, they have 450 sq. ft. , slightly larger than a suite here.....big price discrepancy though

Just to exhibit how huge the 'standard Portofino' Bay rooms are, they have 450 sq. ft. , slightly larger than a suite here.....big price discrepancy though

Then again, the 2 bedroom will "feel" bigger than the standard room in Portofino. Anyone who has shopped apartments knows that layout trumps square footage heavily when they are +/- 10% in size difference.

If Surfside construction is really going this much faster than expected then it wouldn't surprise me to also see the opening of Dockside phase 1 moved up to around spring break 2020.

They’ve moved up the date twice they must be confident in offering a finished resort then.
I’d say they wanted to get to a point where it could open as close to the Hagrid opening as possible. Will give them more on-site choices over the summer season too.

They're certainly going more like Sapphire Falls on their lobbies now with them being big and open.
It's not as intimate as their old lobbies, but they are easier to navigate; especially for first time guests.

Love the pics, thx for the write-up Brian. For the price, the quality of the rooms and hotel itself is fantastic. Seemingly, my only criticism on this hotel is the lack of a water slide. I think they really missed the boat there with this likely bring a draw for families based on room size and price.