Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I might be one of the few that think this but I am not 100% sure how I feel about a nightingales house that's not based during a war. I never got to experience the first nightingales house but part of the reason that the house interested me was the aspect of walking through the trenches in the middle of a war. Is anybody else concerned about this or the fact that this is suppose to be one of the tent houses?

I might be one of the few that think this but I am not 100% sure how I feel about a nightingales house that's not based during a war. I never got to experience the first nightingales house but part of the reason that the house interested me was the aspect of walking through the trenches in the middle of a war. Is anybody else concerned about this or the fact that this is suppose to be one of the tent houses?
See, and the fact that the original was set during a war was exactly why I hated the house.

See, and the fact that the original was set during a war was exactly why I hated the house.
I never got to experience it so I will never know if i would have enjoyed the house or not but I think my main concern is ancient rome has so many amazing set potentials that would feel more fitting in a sound stage then a tent.

As long as they shove breadsticks forcibly in my mouth, I'm fine. It's that kind of realistic theming that separates HHN from other haunts.

That would 100% make it the most horrifying HHN in history.

They could still make it about war. I present Nightingales: Mob Wives
yiIW1yP.gif

IMFAnMf.gif

EJbamZJ.gif

As a word of caution, if you look back, you tend to notice they're a bit slower to announce on odd years.

@NuteGunrayWasFramed : No inside info--just a hunch--but I'm pretty sure the marketing in 2017 was where the brunt of the budget cuts that resulted from having to replace the Christmas floats was made.

Unrelated

And no.

Honestly I’m expecting a bit of Dracula Untold to appear in this maze, easy costumes to recycle for Gladiators and easy scenic to reuse.

On another note I wonder what the unofficial but seems common scarezone->house maze of this year is gonna be.

Honestly I’m expecting a bit of Dracula Untold to appear in this maze, easy costumes to recycle for Gladiators and easy scenic to reuse.

On another note I wonder what the unofficial but seems common scarezone->house maze of this year is gonna be.

KKfOS seemed like the move in that Saws n Steam/Trick R Treatment regard. If that’s not happening I doubt we’ll see one next year.

An announcement today does seem quick but its not unprecedented either. Back during 26, we got Exorcist and Texas announced within 12 days of each other.

Going to plug my good friend Gary's spreadsheet with the previous announcement dates.

I am out of the loop. What was the 'Dissapointment' announcement in August of 2017?

Loved the first house, but as long as there is an element of conflict--doesn't necessarily have to be war--I'll follow wherever they decide to go with the second.

I don't remember it as "the nightingales house." I remember is vividly as the "ww1 trench house" and it was that aspect that made it so spectacular for me. I will still try to do the house but I am not as interested if it's not war. The trench warfare aspect was so amazing and made the experience for me.

I don't remember it as "the nightingales house." I remember is vividly as the "ww1 trench house" and it was that aspect that made it so spectacular for me. I will still try to do the house but I am not as interested if it's not war. The trench warfare aspect was so amazing and made the experience for me.
I think the roman setting could be very cool as well just not sure if a tent would be the best thing for this house.

I agree. I feel like the atmosphere of WW1 alone is already so bleak and deathly that adding the Nightingales is just the spice on top. The sounds of gunfire and exploding shells in a dark WW1 trench is already such an interesting and different kind of horror that I feel like removing that context from the creatures makes them just a little less “wow!” for me. Just a personal thing, but a thing nonetheless.