Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean from what I heard the music is pretty good? I just don't think "story" is all that important for a nighttime spectacular.

Not referring to the music in this show. Just responding to you saying that visuals are all that matter.

Reactions: Andysol
The thing that should be said, is that story doesn't exactly matter to this show. As was the case with Nighttime Lights (both variants).

Once everything is operating as it should (and once the wind dies down), it should jump up for a lot of people.

Reactions: Andysol
When watching a show or movie, for me at least, it's visuals first. Music, sound effects, musical score are second in that it enhances the visual experience. When going to a concert or nightclub, music is first and visuals like special effects, lighting, laser, fog, air blasters, confetti, background video, projections are second as it enhances the music.

I had forgotten the preview was yesterday, so I ran to watch when I saw ITM's video on my subbox. Unfortunately it was a pretty amateurish video, to avoid copyright strike they replaced the audio with a disturbing sound. And it also took me some time to realize it was not the actual audio, so for the first couple of minutes i just tought uni had gone hardcore on this one, I was sincerely thinking how that would only fit inside HHN lmao.

Then I wanted to watch the actual thing, and found Attraction's video, but unfortunately it was just pieces. And I'm bringing up Attraction's video because they had some drone filmed shots that looks like were made by Universal, and that left me curious if a full version of that was released or if it is intended to be realesed.

For some reason, I was only able to view the livestream @ 360p, which made the show not all that impressive as I couldn't really see much detail. After seeing the video below, I'm much more impressed. I enjoyed the fog effect combined with the water spilling out of the castle and shots of the castle in ruins. The drones and pyro will definitely take this to another level and gets me excited to see this person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcioPwayb0c

For some reason, I was only able to view the livestream @ 360p, which made the show not all that impressive as I couldn't really see much detail. After seeing the video below, I'm much more impressed. I enjoyed the fog effect combined with the water spilling out of the castle and shots of the castle in ruins. The drones and pyro will definitely take this to another level and gets me excited to see this person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcioPwayb0c
Yes, that video is significantly better, especially on a large computer screen. Universal's castle projection shows just seem to improve the more they do them. And Hogwarts is really the perfect setting for projections. Just around 8 minutes is a good length also. The first show, at around 4 minutes, was just too short, though it still was pretty good. The Christmas show length was decent though. It will be interesting to see this ending when the winds don't prevent the patronus drones , and a possible burst of pyro. The ending really needs a bit more, hopefully both effects are in the final version. .

Reactions: HPFred
While visually spectacular, it seems kinda meh overall. Not much of a storyline that makes sense. At the beginning it's like ok here's some spiders. Oh and here's some dragons. and now some trolls. No rhyme or reason to it. Then later we have Voldemort and death eaters, but then Dumbledore runs them off with harry's patronus? That's not really what a patronus does.

Granted this is one viewing, of the initial show, on a cell phone video, with some of the effects missing. I'm sure live it's a great show to experience. I'd probably go watch it every night if I was there. Just seems that it's lacking in story.

Having seen it around 5 times in person, my opinion is that this is anything but meh. When you are there in person with the booming bass, surround sound, instant fog effects, pyro poles, and drones, it is a jaw dropper. The whole crowd I was with freaked out. I cannot wait to see the faces on the guests this Saturday night when it opens up to the public.

That's..incredibly low to the ground (and if your tall enough, you can touch the netting).

Wondering if they add something more permanent in the coming months, as even with the netting..that won't help much, chief.

Reactions: HPFred