Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Nightingales: Blood Pit

Do you guys think we’ll get a video for it, or just post? I’m fairly new to paying attention to announcements, so I don’t know if there’s usually a video for every house or not.

I really wonder what the settings are going to be in this house. Obviously the coliseum will make an appearance, but I wonder what other places throughout ancient Rome they would have... Also, I was wondering the same as others about this house not getting its own video. Seems odd compared to last year's videos, but I know they used to announce all of the originals at once, so I'm very happy getting an original announced this early.

This is definitely a nice surprise, I've always been intrigued by the Nightingales themselves, and a gladiator area/pit offers plenty of opportunities for plenty of insanity, killer masks and some eye candy as well.

All in all, I think this is a good first original house to announce, and I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Not sure if you mean scenery or hot gladiators, but regardless

source.gif

Based on the Uni Orlando website, it seems this house takes place right as the drought breaks.

I read it differently. The bloody games are continuing until the drought breaks and, during all of this, the Nightingale's come onto the scene. I imagine the finale is when we will get some sort of rain/water effects (which might be hard in a tent) because with the rain comes the end of the games. Bloodshed over=Nightingale's gone.

I read it differently. The bloody games are continuing until the drought breaks and, during all of this, the Nightingale's come onto the scene. I imagine the finale is when we will get some sort of rain/water effects (which might be hard in a tent) because with the rain comes the end of the games. Bloodshed over=Nightingale's gone.

“Ancient Rome has suffered its worst drought in centuries. A ruthless emperor has declared the gladiatorial games will continue nonstop until the rains return. The nightingales, a grisly race of creatures, are drawn to the dead and dying. You enter the fray just as the rain begins to fall, recoiling with fear and disgust as the ravenous nightingales feed. Try to survive alongside gladiators, but with nothing to protect you, you’re history.”

The descriptions on the Uni Orlando website (not the HHN site) tend to add another detail or two.

“Ancient Rome has suffered its worst drought in centuries. A ruthless emperor has declared the gladiatorial games will continue nonstop until the rains return. The nightingales, a grisly race of creatures, are drawn to the dead and dying. You enter the fray just as the rain begins to fall, recoiling with fear and disgust as the ravenous nightingales feed. Try to survive alongside gladiators, but with nothing to protect you, you’re history.”

The descriptions on the Uni Orlando website (not the HHN site) tend to add another detail or two.

Well that certainly changes my envisioned finale. Hmm...I wonder how this one is going to end now? I was hoping for something more along the lines of Scarecrow where the corn had started to grow back (completing the story) rather than the "We escaped the trenches/coliseum" route this one might be going.

Though this does imply lots more rain effects than I initially thought

Well that certainly changes my envisioned finale. Hmm...I wonder how this one is going to end now? I was hoping for something more along the lines of Scarecrow where the corn had started to grow back (completing the story) rather than the "We escaped the trenches/coliseum" route this one might be going.

Though this does imply lots more rain effects than I initially thought

I could see it being the Horror Nights take on the fall of the Roman Empire, replacing barbarians with Nightingales.

Might be too early too call it but I wonder if this could end up being one of the bloodiest houses in HHN history. All of the write ups about this house talk about the sheer amount of gore and blood in this house.

The original had corpses and blood galore, an eaten horse, crashed plane, tank, that corpse hill with the Nightingale on top and the coughing animatronic. Wonder if Body Rip will reappear in Blood Pit?

Not sure if you mean scenery or hot gladiators, but regardless

The latter, definitely the latter!

Wonder if Body Rip will reappear in Blood Pit?

Considering I never experienced the original, I'd love to see the Body Rip in this house since it sounded amazing. But on the other hand, I also heard that effect was brutal on the poor guy's who played that role.