Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

From what I heard in Midway Mayhem's @RollermanDan current livestream, this new coaster is sounding more and more like a new Intamin multi-launch. He said at least three launches, a vertical spike, a top hat, and possibly a stall. Sound familiar? That's because it sounds like what's going to open up in Busch Gardens Williamsburg in the same year.

From what I heard in Midway Mayhem's @RollermanDan current livestream, this new coaster is sounding more and more like a new Intamin multi-launch. He said at least three launches, a vertical spike, a top hat, and possibly a stall. Sound familiar? That's because it sounds like what's going to open up in Busch Gardens Williamsburg in the same year.
You are correct BGW is getting an Intamin 2 launch 1 spike a tophat 2 inversions & 2 trains. All they said to some BGW Members/Pass holders last week was that the drop will be 95 degrees and that is it and they had team members come running in with Roman Columns and they spelled out with a green background and the columns is MMXX. Oh and Kevin Lempke Park President and a great guy did mention after the 95 degrees that the Roman Gods will help them out. So MMXX is gonna be in Festa Field and probably have a Roman or maybe even a Greek God's name. I am glad that SEAS is finally doing stuff and if SWO is getting the same thing as BGW that would be good since I live in Orlando and wont have to drive to Williamsburg to ride this style of coaster.

Thank the lord that wild Artic might be going. It was in a terrible condition last year. Possibly the worst I’ve ever seen of any ride in Orlando.
:cheers: You are 1 zillion % correct on that. Break out the bulldozers ASAP. Plus Intamin is gonna be busy the next few years. They making those coins, even though I am not a Big fan of Intamin, I hope finally they have their work in line now and hopefully no delays like they have had recently and in the past. So :cheers: I am totally with you about the Wild Artic

I would love if they did a star tours 2.0 type update to something for wild arctic. It just seems like such a waste to tear something down for replacement rather than refurb it and expand the park with new rides. I guess the issue is that when a park lets rides deteriorate this much even if they repurpose it they have already tainted the view of the ride to the average person and the investment wouldn't bump attendance enough vs putting that money into something else.

Also given the Sesame product is good for BGW I wouldn't mind darkastle being re purposed into a Count ride of some sort.

Aesthetically, I love Wild Arctic. The theming in the building and the animal exhibits are fantastic compared to other park exhibits (especially since they just took out all the rocks/natural looking coral from Dolphin Cove.... who green lighted that?? yuck), even if that portion of the park lacks a cohesive theme. I would love to see them continue the arctic/base station theme. But yeah, the simulator has to go. I refuse to ride it, because it feels like an equivalent to being in a car crash. It's not smooth, it jerks you around, and I leave feeling like I need to go to the chiropractor. The ride is just old. I'd love to see it upgraded to something that keeps the same theming. I don't need it to be Antartica level, but just a touch. I just keep living in fear they are going to strip all the theming when they tear down Wild Arctic and downgrade the exhibits to concrete looking tanks.

I would hate to see Wild Arctic torn down to make way for another barely-themed roller coaster. That being said, the simulator is in pretty rough shape right now. I'd much rather see the existing ride overhauled and given a new theme similar to the one used for Kraken Unleashed and Infinity Falls. If Busch Gardens Williamsburg is able to reuse its old simulator ride vehicles for a virtual reality ride, why not SeaWorld Orlando?

Interestingly SeaWorld San Diego has applied for permission to replace their Wild Arctic simulator (not the exhibits) with a new structure that will not exceed 30ft in height. Flying theater anybody?

Flying theater would be a nice addition. I'm sure it could replace the current wild Arctic and keep the same overall theme with the exhibit. Everyone enjoys flying theaters and they are easier to upkeep I would assume than the current wild arctic.

I think a flying theater would be a great replacement for wild arctic. I would imagine they’re probably not even that expensive these days with all the companies manufacturing them. I mean if LegoLand can get one, why can’t SeaWorld?? They don’t take up much room and could still leave some space for a Sesame Street dark ride, though i seriously think they could easily fit a dark ride on the back side of the new SS building.

I think a flying theater would be a great replacement for wild arctic. I would imagine they’re probably not even that expensive these days with all the companies manufacturing them. I mean if LegoLand can get one, why can’t SeaWorld?? They don’t take up much room and could still leave some space for a Sesame Street dark ride, though i seriously think they could easily fit a dark ride on the back side of the new SS building.
A hang gliding/Soarin'-eaque ride would be fun

From Screamscape:

Rumor - (4/14/19) Thus far the big rumor about the planned SeaWorld Orlando 2020 attraction is that it would be some kind of new coaster. According to Screamscape sources the planned multi-launch coaster may actually be a bigger / faster version of Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster, a jet-ski themed coaster experience added to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017.
As far as location… we’re also hearing rumors that this summer may be the last one for the park’s Wild Arctic simulator attraction. While the animal exhibit may stay, the aging simulator cabins are said to be on the way out. Once this happens, rumor has it the new coaster may take up some of this space, or repurpose some of the structure for the queue and coaster station, maintenance and launch tunnel experience. The ride would then travel from this area, over the pathways towards the Mango Joe’s restaurant, and include portions of the ride track out over the water, just as it does in Texas.

There definitely may be some truth to a jetski coaster rumor. SeaWorld marketing reps regularly visit my workplace, and when I mentioned a new coaster the rep said she doesn't understand why they would build another coaster as "coasters don't bring people to the park"(LOL), but then went on to say that she wouldn't be surprised if the new "capital project" was a jetski coaster.