Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Both JW and SLOP seemingly being fast-tracked. I'm getting the same vibes from Nintendo.

Here's a question that a friend thought up to me. What if Universal opened SNW in phases like Galaxy's Edge and Marvel Land.

Please, no. If they're really fast-tracking things, then do it right upon opening the new land. Don't cheap out like Disney. I'm fine if phase 2 involves demo-ing more soundstages, but please make the new land a GRAND-opening instead of a half-ass one.

I don't think that's too wild of a guess. I'm guessing more of an early-mid 2021 opening. Same opening timeline as WWoHP.

If they do something that I think they are doing, they're likely going to wait until Early 2020 to get serious on this (and in a way..yeah, that makes a lot of sense, considering Pets potentially being bumped up for softs).

I have to think the earliest, is Mid/Late Summer, but the best guess is Early/Mid fall. With Disney's play on Star Wars, anything's fair game at this point.

If only we could get a better stance on how TWDA is doing in the terms of contracts, as it is approaching year 3.

Reactions: Moose84
It'll be much, much earlier than that. Universal has the mindset of opening things ASAP right now. Both JW and SLOP seemingly being fast-tracked. I'm getting the same vibes from Nintendo.

Here's a question that a friend thought up to me. What if Universal opened SNW in phases like Galaxy's Edge and Marvel Land. Meaning Mushroom Kingdom and Mario Kart in Phase 1, then Donkey Kong or whatever else they want for a 2nd attraction in Phase 2. I think this way we could see an early 2021 opening date for Phase 1 (since it's smaller than Japan's), and late 2021 or 2022 for whatever possible 2nd attraction? (if we get one)

This isn't too far fetched from something that was brought up to me.

Reactions: Raphael De Varona
When TPU brought up Super Nintendo, they mentioned 2021; with DK included in the plans.

Hadn't heard that, but i'd be extremely happy just to hear DK is included in the plans, even if it does open slightly later than MK.

Here's a question that a friend thought up to me. What if Universal opened SNW in phases like Galaxy's Edge and Marvel Land. Meaning Mushroom Kingdom and Mario Kart in Phase 1, then Donkey Kong or whatever else they want for a 2nd attraction in Phase 2. I think this way we could see an early 2021 opening date for Phase 1 (since it's smaller than Japan's), and late 2021 or 2022 for whatever possible 2nd attraction? (if we get one)

Thats actually a very interesting point, and has some credibility as Japan looks to be just doing their Phase 1 right now.
I'd personally be ok with a phase 1 and phase 2 if they are withing a year of each other. However based on the amount of money Universal is putting into their parks I'd guess they could afford to have both open together if they wanted too.

Sad to see this plot is even smaller than some were speculating earlier on where the new land would butt up next to the TF show building. Now, there's the TF extended queue and what looks like an access road in between.

Reactions: Freakenstein
Sad to see this plot is even smaller than some were speculating earlier on where the new land would butt up next to the TF show building. Now, there's the TF extended queue and what looks like an access road in between.
Yeah, it's really more like just the size of a E ticket ride, not a land size at all. 'Tiny, Not so Super, Nintendo World'.

Yeah, it's really more like just the size of a E ticket ride, not a land size at all. 'Tiny, Not so Super, Nintendo World'.

While I kind of agree, this is likely to be the most multi level land Universal have ever created, so I'm sure they will pack as much into that space as possible.

I also think it looks smaller than it is. MK is a similar size building to Mummy but on more than one level, and there is 2 soundstages worth of space for the 'land' next to it.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Names don't mean size indications.

My guess is that they are looking at 2 to 3 levels for SNW; but that's only that, a guess. And that for the most part, Universal Creative Hollywood and Nintendo will try to cram as much in as they can safely for Phase 1.

Yeah, except no. The Mushroom Kingdom area will only be slightly smaller than the Japan version (missing the Yoshi ride elements mostly). It's easy to gawk at pictures we don't understand but at least keep in mind that this land was designed to be compact.