Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Game of Thrones

I am going to wait a few weeks and then buy a one month subscription to HBO Now. Two years has been off-putting. I will gobble them up fast and call it a day.

You don't really need to wait. You can start a free 7-day trial today to catch the season premiere, then watch the rest within the one-month paid subscription.

You don't really need to wait. You can start a free 7-day trial today to catch the season premiere, then watch the rest within the one-month paid subscription.

I have already had a subscription before so I would just be restarting it with no 7 days free. I will be fine. Just need to stay out of this thread for a while.

That was a solid episode to get our footing back after nearly two years without the show.

Some spoilery-ish thoughts:
- The particularly frosty reception of Dany’s team by Sansa and the North folk en masse was welcome. I was worried that, for expediency, the show would have to gloss over those animosities, but nope! Interesting that they’re leaning pretty hard into Dany acting entitled and totally above needing to do anything to ingratiate herself with the North, which seems a bit counter to some of her stated intentions last season. She’s slightly more her father’s daughter than she likes to tell herself.

- I am not certain I believe that Cersei gave the order to have both her brothers killed. Tyrion is certainly plausible, but Jaime? When last we saw them together, she was unable to have him killed, yet now she’s had an off-screen change of mind on that subject? I have to think that’s Qyburn pursuing his own agenda.

- Wonderful scene with Sam and Dany. Sam’s reaction was really quite powerful, and it’s good to see her confronted with the real world, human, emotional consequences of some of her decisions.

- Great final moment! I hope we get to see what happens immediately after that next week, because that’s a character reunion I’ve wanted for years.

Solid episode, set up conflicts that will drive the season.

Nice bit of genuine horror at the end there, with the Others.

Line of the night went to Sansa: "It had its moments."

ETA: Holy hell @belloq87 just realized I've been reading your posts for years on CHUD! Never made the connection.

Last edited:
I find it kind of hilarious that HBO is so paranoid about spoilers this time around that they won't even name the episodes until a couple hours after they air.

Not as paranoid as I am about the slightest hint of a spoiler!

Brilliant first episode by the way. So incredibly happy that GOT is back :)

I dont know if I'm going to be ready for the next episode AND Endgame within a few days of each other.

xcwrnd6j5qt21.jpg

One of my favorite episodes of the series. In addition to great character moment after great character moment, we had the thesis statement of ASOIAF from Sam--which was the most quintessential George RR Martin thing ever, slightly sad I couldn't read it first--and a few surprises for book readers (the lyrics to "Jenny of Oldstones" for the first time, IIRC, as well as a nod to the Dunk & Egg books that all but confirms one main character is Dunk's descendant). Hard to pick a second favorite moment, but Tormund's story was easily my #1.

All while setting up what promises to be an epic 80 minutes of TV next Sunday.

69 episode build up to possibly the greatest episode of the whole thing and my wife is working when I’m off. I’ll need to wait two days after it airs to watch it.

69 episode build up to possibly the greatest episode of the whole thing and my wife is working when I’m off. I’ll need to wait two days after it airs to watch it.

Good luck trying to avoid spoilers for 2 days!
Might be time to consider other options such as divorce, sick day, watching on her cell phone on way to work ;)

Last edited: