Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh god, please no "cult of thorne"... Just because we had Halloween 4, doesn't mean we need to continue down that path..

But also, that could apply to other films; like Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Child, Pet Semetary (the original), and Jason Takes Manhattan. And if you want to count timelines in films, IT: Chapter One takes place during the Summer Period of 1989 as-well.
3 of these are owned by the neighbors, so they're not happening. Besides, 2 of them have over-stayed their welcome at HHN. The event needs to see "new" content. Universal needs to be pushed towards being "creative", not rely on the same IP franchise year after year (Unless its the UCM)..

Pet Sematary (old & new) is Paramount, so... bring it on (as an overlay for TWD attraction next to PETS!!!)

Yeah, not just what Wesker said, but H5 is also a little dry both kills-wise and location wise. They could still do it and use it as a people eater, but I'm not really sure if that's the IP they wanna be focusing on.

I’m confused where did this whole 1989 thing come from? Did it come from the pop singer clue and John quoting Shake it Off by Taylor Swift?
Because if it did then that’s a dead end. The maze relating to the pop singer is Holidayz and the singer was Madonna (also the codename. I came somewhat close with Holiday seeing as that’s the word within the song title that connects everything)

I’m confused where did this whole 1989 thing come from? Did it come from the pop singer clue and John quoting Shake it Off by Taylor Swift?
Because if it did then that’s a dead end. The maze relating to the pop singer is Holidayz and the singer was Madonna (also the codename. I came somewhat close with Holiday seeing as that’s the word within the song title that connects everything)

Yeah that's the thought process. @Spookies n' Stuff noted that the OG Pet Sematary came out in 1989 (same as the T Swizzle album), and I noted that the Ramones released a song about Pet Sematary (connection to a punk rock band). So for a little bit, Pet Sematary looked like a legitimate possibility.

I'm kind of glad we got Holidayz instead, just because it sounds like they're going full creative with this one. An evil Christmas Tree Farm? That just doesn't happen anywhere else, hah.

Late to the party but man if Ghostbusters is done they can’t put it in Mummy because lmao. I’m already not looking forward to how fans will erm, react

Reactions: Clive
Late to the party but man if Ghostbusters is done they can’t put it in Mummy because lmao. I’m already not looking forward to how fans will erm, react
Yup, I thinks its better off on soundstages. I would put it where AVP was or Twd 2015 maze.

I think they’d put it in the 747 Tent where Poltergeist went last year, either that or the Metro Tent. Also recap on spec lineup:

Confirmed:
- Stranger Things 2&3(SS22)
- Holidayz in Hell(Parisian Courtyard)

Speculated:
- Universal Monsters 2.0
- Ghostbusters
- Mexican Original

Don’t Know if They’re Even In the Cards Anymore:
- Us
- Suspiria
- The Haunting of Hill House

Reactions: Jaden
I think they’d put it in the 747 Tent where Poltergeist went last year, either that or the Metro Tent. Also recap on spec lineup:

Confirmed:
- Stranger Things 2&3(SS22)
- Holidayz in Hell(Parisian Courtyard)

Speculated:
- Universal Monsters 2.0
- Ghostbusters
- Mexican Original

Don’t Know if They’re Even In the Cards Anymore:
- Us
- Suspiria
- The Haunting of Hill House

Throw in Hellraiser, KKFOS, and Child's Play TV show because apparently the Orlando speculation is out of wack right now.

I can see Murdy's Latin Urban Legends maze getting turned into a Scare-Zone this year as a way of keeping representation in the event and building hype for a maze next year, similar to the La Llorona SZ -> La Llorona Maze thing they did in 2012. I agree with Foodstamps, it's tough to see HHN Hollywood having two originals this year, but it would still be neat to get an inkling of what Murdy's new idea would be. Also, would he include his rap in the zone (entrance zone or gauntlet)? That would be amazing. Imagine a gauntlet based on the Chupacabra.

I'm gonna beat the Us drum until I drop. I think Us would be an amazing maze and I legitimately don't understand the arguments for why it won't come. Social Commentary? Last year literally had the First Purge as a maze. Because doppels are hard to make scary in a haunt? So is the horror of your daughter turning into a demon, right? I'd argue it's easier to represent the Tethered, all you need are dead mannequins that sort of look like the face actors. Since this is Hollywood, they'll probably use some masks too. Plus, I mean, we can all groan about representation but it's been proven to be good business at this point. I have no clue why it's not being seriously considered. Either Us or Child's Play would be the perfect Corporate Synergy house.

Reactions: marip123
I can see Murdy's Latin Urban Legends maze getting turned into a Scare-Zone this year as a way of keeping representation in the event and building hype for a maze next year, similar to the La Llorona SZ -> La Llorona Maze thing they did in 2012. I agree with Foodstamps, it's tough to see HHN Hollywood having two originals this year, but it would still be neat to get an inkling of what Murdy's new idea would be. Also, would he include his rap in the zone (entrance zone or gauntlet)? That would be amazing. Imagine a gauntlet based on the Chupacabra.

I'm gonna beat the Us drum until I drop. I think Us would be an amazing maze and I legitimately don't understand the arguments for why it won't come. Social Commentary? Last year literally had the First Purge as a maze. Because doppels are hard to make scary in a haunt? So is the horror of your daughter turning into a demon, right? I'd argue it's easier to represent the Tethered, all you need are dead mannequins that sort of look like the face actors. Since this is Hollywood, they'll probably use some masks too. Plus, I mean, we can all groan about representation but it's been proven to be good business at this point. I have no clue why it's not being seriously considered. Either Us or Child's Play would be the perfect Corporate Synergy house.
If that Latin Urban Legend maze was to happen it wouldn't have a Zone. But Holidayz in there. They probably wouldn't do it as a Zone but it's possible and they wouldn't have the music for it. It's like how Holidayz didn't have any Figure Music last year or anything. And why would it be a Rap? Why do we keep assuming it's a Rap? Murdy clearly said it could be any type of musician and I think it is clear they wouldn't make the music for a Zone versus a Maze and a Zone (Ex: Monsters, Holidayz).

I don't think there is gonna be a Corporate Synergy house this year. I really don't. Seeing as though they are listening to us by giving us a Original maze and hyping us up by saying they want to give us a Better product this year (At Monsterpalooza) I don't see any corporate synergy or any film from this year coming to the event even with the whole 2 Script thing.

Last edited:

don''t forget, the first purge had KKK scareactors...

If that Latin Urban Legend maze was to happen it wouldn't have a Zone. But Holidayz in there. They probably wouldn't do it as a Zone but it's possible and they wouldn't have the music for it. It's like how Holidayz didn't have any Figure Music last year or anything. And why would it be a Rap? Why do we keep assuming it's a Rap? Murdy clearly said it could be any type of musician and I think it is clear they wouldn't make the music for a Zone versus a Maze and a Zone (Ex: Monsters, Holidayz).

I don't think there is gonna be a Corporate Synergy house this year. I really don't. Seeing as though they are listening to us by giving us a Original maze and hyping us up by saying they want to give us a Better product this year (At Monsterpalooza) I don't see any corporate synergy or any film from this year coming to the event even with the whole 2 Script thing.

I think Murdy specifically mentioned a rap at one point, and he does have a thing for metered Rhyme. IDK, just seemed like a natural fit for a collab. IDK, I realize it doesn't make sense to do that for a zone, but it'd be a fun element to weave through the gauntlet.

I think Blumhouse 2 last year might've been the Hello Dolly of synergy houses, if only because it was so low-rated that it might've killed off the idea for now. That having been said, Us is a legitimate cultural phenomenon on Twitter and elsewhere, so I think here, there's a happy confluence of "good for brand-building" and "legitimate fan demanded property" that makes it more likely than, say, Blumhouse vol. 3 featuring Ma, The Hunt, and whatever they have coming out in the summer. Imma bet that Tethered jumpsuits and scissors are gonna be the "Harley Quinn cosplay" of 2019's Halloween, IE every damn couple on Instagram dressing up as it.

don''t forget, the first purge had KKK scareactors...

And Blackface/Sambo mercs. Granted, they sanitized it (no pointy hoods, only blue faces), but the commentary was there. They even gave the Nazi leather-guy the armband! Us would be even easier to sanitize. It's not like the Tethered were waving communist flags or something.

Reactions: hhnlover
besides, us has tons and i mean TONS of potential for a maze
You could enter through the family house and go through the living room, have a scare by abraham with his baseball bat. Enter into a closet, and have a unmasked pluto as a scare. Enter into another facade to the tylers house, with tex as a scare. Enter into the foyer, with lo and nix as scares. The bedroom would have Dahlia cutting her face open. Have a small outdoor area with a car scare. You can also have a small town section with a pluto dummy, and red popping out from between a dumpster. You can then have a mirror maze transition into the lab, with that hallway with all of those rabbits. You can have a small room with Adelaides and reds fight, but that`ll might be to difficult to translate into a maze. Then you can end it with all of those clones holding hands, of course some will jump out to scare.
hell, you can make it into a backlot scarezone.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I think Murdy specifically mentioned a rap at one point, and he does have a thing for metered Rhyme. IDK, just seemed like a natural fit for a collab. IDK, I realize it doesn't make sense to do that for a zone, but it'd be a fun element to weave through the gauntlet.

I think Blumhouse 2 last year might've been the Hello Dolly of synergy houses, if only because it was so low-rated that it might've killed off the idea for now. That having been said, Us is a legitimate cultural phenomenon on Twitter and elsewhere, so I think here, there's a happy confluence of "good for brand-building" and "legitimate fan demanded property" that makes it more likely than, say, Blumhouse vol. 3 featuring Ma, The Hunt, and whatever they have coming out in the summer. Imma bet that Tethered jumpsuits and scissors are gonna be the "Harley Quinn cosplay" of 2019's Halloween, IE every damn couple on Instagram dressing up as it.

And Blackface/Sambo mercs. Granted, they sanitized it (no pointy hoods, only blue faces), but the commentary was there. They even gave the Nazi leather-guy the armband! Us would be even easier to sanitize. It's not like the Tethered were waving communist flags or something.

Honestly you dont even need to sanitize Us. There wasn’t really any overt social commentary that came from the movie. All the theories on class came after viewing. It wasnt like Get Out where you knew the movie was about race from the jump. I think its likely as a zone since those things seems a bit easier to change last minute and im sure Universal will want to milk their hit new property. I’d love a maze though.

Last edited:
I’m still really hoping scary stories comes, along with Us I think this is the only property of movies coming out this year (that we can use) that could come to the event. It has the characters and environments that are perfect for the event. Considering murdys worked with GDT before maybe he sent him the script a while back. Just wishful speculation though

Info from Q&A:
- Murdy stated during that construction may start during Early June.

- "Maybe...though the rights have changed on that" in response to a Psycho maze.