Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 242 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The brightness of the lightsaber blade is fairly impressive, but the finishes are disapointing. Hopefully over time they add some nicer looking finishes for the hilt, though.

Reactions: HPFred
As others have mentioned, while it's nice to hear the handles are metal, I'm not a fan of how they look plastic.
If I'm to shell out at least $110 for just the -handle-, it better not look plastic. So this is unfortunately a pass for me.

Also, is it any wonder Dis would double dip for both the handle and blade? They really wanna' find that threshold, huh?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unbreakable plastic, like other high end lightsaber replicas. The blades are universal, and only 1 type is sold. Your crystal choice selects the color it is.

Thanks girl! Thought it was some groundbreaking tech teased a while ago instead of the plastic.

Thank you Disney for giving some of the biggest fans at Star Sars land early the opportunity to save with "introductory pricing"

It does appear that Disney will be providing a lower-cost saber option... in the form of repainted and slightly-reworked versions of their currently-available Jedi Training Academy sabers. On the left side of the table in this photo:
D4OXeTgX4AEZ7fj.jpg

Those will 100% be cheap plastic, but the sort of weathered look is definitely an improvement over the extremely basic versions sold in the parks today.

I'll be interested to see reviews of the custom sabers once people get into the land; the word of mouth (and exact pricing options for the customs and the Legacies) will end up determining if I go that route or not.

$150+ Is sure to make even the most devoted Star Wars fans think twice. I’d say it’s a total “no way” from most Families that visit.
Not sure how it’s any different than the high scale ones they currently sell in Launch Bay, and I see families buying them every time I’m in there. Even saw kids battling out in animation courtyard last time I was there (and I was like, man wish my parents were rich when I was little).

720BEE51-4DA1-4160-88F1-2986097136AF.png

It does appear that Disney will be providing a lower-cost saber option... in the form of repainted and slightly-reworked versions of their currently-available Jedi Training Academy sabers. On the left side of the table in this photo:
D4OXeTgX4AEZ7fj.jpg

Those will 100% be cheap plastic, but the sort of weathered look is definitely an improvement over the extremely basic versions sold in the parks today.

I'll be interested to see reviews of the custom sabers once people get into the land; the word of mouth (and exact pricing options for the customs and the Legacies) will end up determining if I go that route or not.
I was expecting the regular build your own plastic ones to still exist in gift shops outside of the land, but these could be a good children’s alternative too.

I was expecting the regular build your own plastic ones to still exist in gift shops outside of the land, but these could be a good children’s alternative too.

Children's alternative? They might be my alternative depending on how much the higher-end sabers truly end up costing relative to what you actually get in terms of quality! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred
Not sure how it’s any different than the high scale ones they currently sell in Launch Bay, and I see families buying them every time I’m in there. Even saw kids battling out in animation courtyard last time I was there (and I was like, man wish my parents were rich when I was little).

View attachment 9356

I suppose mostly rich people can afford to visit Disney now anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Our "gift shop" limit for our child hovers around the $30-$40 range.

Reactions: therock
I suppose mostly rich people can afford to visit Disney now anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Our "gift shop" limit for our child hovers around the $30-$40 range.
This is such an over dramatization that I wish people would stop throwing around. The park is expensive, yes but it’s clearly not eliminating the middle class with the current crowd levels. Disney Parks are a product and are subject to supply and demand as anywhere else is.

Reactions: natespf
This is such an over dramatization that I wish people would stop throwing around. The park is expensive, yes but it’s clearly not eliminating the middle class with the current crowd levels. Disney Parks are a product and are subject to supply and demand as anywhere else is.

As a proud member of the middle class, I find Disney is not an affordable vacation at all. The constant rise of ticket prices doesn't help their cause much either. Disney drives pricing, they know people will pay it, even if they can't afford it.