Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn’t there an issue about who owns Child’s Play and who owns Chucky?

It seems really complicated! There are now going to be two seperate continuities. The remake/reboot movie and a tv series that continues with the original characters

I could see it happening. When the news HMH wasn't taking place this year I was honestly surprised, because with IT Chapter 2 (sequel to one of the highest grossing horror films ever) coming out Sept 6 I was wondering why WB wouldn't want to capitalize on that by having an IT haunt for synergy. This could be their solution to that since they aren't able to hold the event this year, while also maximizing profit from licensing and merchandising. If the teams already had a pitch for last year, then Murdy and Mike's tweets about a last minute massive house pitch that was hugely successful, with little prep time and with someone Murdy grew up being a fan of, for an IP nobody thought they'd do....it would all makes sense if it ends up being IT. This year's synergy house, or another thought, they got the original film like the Halloween 4-Halloween 2018 situation of last year and there's this year's classic maze. With Chucky being more the synergy maze if true.

I could be way off, just adding to the speculation lol.

If it's worth anything, I have been told that WB makes oodles of money off of licensing out their IPs to Universal vs. doing them themselves. A weird tidbit, but I have friends close to people at WB who confirmed said information for me.

Granted, I have gotten zero confirmation of whether or not any big WB IPs might be coming to HHN this year, but it is just more interesting information to add to the equation

I won’t believe IT till I see IT.

Fixed that for you.

Oh yes Ghostbusters in for Hellraiser or Killer Klowns

I really don’t think Hellraiser is happening. It’s a bucket list IP for me to see IRL but it just seems too good to be true considering the Scream debacle only happened 4 years ago. But Id be glad to see it.

As for KKFOS idek. If Chucky is coming then I don’t think they’d use KKFOS, since that’d be a lot of reuse from 28

Reactions: GA-MBIT