Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is, if I'm an amateur photographer, with a hot new super zoom lens, and go to Universal. How am I supposed to know that, even standing in guest areas, that theres pics I'm not allowed to take? How would that rule even be written? How would a person ever know that Universal has sent cease and desist letters? Thats not public information. How am I supposed to know that it's not allowed to be posted on this board? Theres a guidelines post, but it doesn't mention anything about blueprints or pics taken from guest areas. Actually, I don't think it technically says anything about pics taken illegally either. That page could probably use a once over or a new page added to the rules forum actually. Hell I've been on the board for years, and this post was the first time I've ever heard that blueprints aren't allowed. How would a newer member ever know that's a rule?

I don't think anyone really has a problem with the rule. I know I don't. It's just a question of how are people supposed to know theres a rule about something either at the park or here? I know there was a thread in the comments and questions forum, but that's not where i'd go if I was looking for forum rules. Even that thread was answered with a "handled on a case by case basis" concerning some things. Some of this is philosophical of course, and way off topic, but it is relevant discussion for the board.
Often, it's called The Rule of Common Sense. I did tons of arbitration hearings during the 18 years I was a union president. And Arbitrators would use that argument quite often when something wasn't clearly written as a rule.... Proprietary information is someone else's property, and common sense says you can't steal or broadcast it.Unfortunately, the ease of internet hacking and stealing of movie streams, music and other IP rights stuff has sometimes deadened the realization that people don't have the right to do that ......and.... It's just like all the laws aren't on a page at our fingertips. But if you break one you are liable for whatever the criminal or libel penalties are. ......This discussion though, is getting a bit trivial. Brian said no, so I don't see why people have to keep questioning it. Brian's cool about this stuff. He's the ref. He always gives a warning if he thinks it's something that may cause issues with Universal, and takes it down, or tells the poster not to post it anymore. Like in life, not everything is black or white. Most stuff falls in gray areas and someone has to make a call. IU was on the outs with Universal for a long time, but now they're cool with Universal and accepted as media. No reason to jeopardize that position by posting proprietary information that's not officially presented by Universal.

I think the point is, if I'm an amateur photographer, with a hot new super zoom lens, and go to Universal. How am I supposed to know that, even standing in guest areas, that theres pics I'm not allowed to take? How would that rule even be written? How would a person ever know that Universal has sent cease and desist letters? Thats not public information. How am I supposed to know that it's not allowed to be posted on this board? Theres a guidelines post, but it doesn't mention anything about blueprints or pics taken from guest areas. Actually, I don't think it technically says anything about pics taken illegally either. That page could probably use a once over or a new page added to the rules forum actually. Hell I've been on the board for years, and this post was the first time I've ever heard that blueprints aren't allowed. How would a newer member ever know that's a rule?

I don't think anyone really has a problem with the rule. I know I don't. It's just a question of how are people supposed to know theres a rule about something either at the park or here? I know there was a thread in the comments and questions forum, but that's not where i'd go if I was looking for forum rules. Even that thread was answered with a "handled on a case by case basis" concerning some things. Some of this is philosophical of course, and way off topic, but it is relevant discussion for the board.

Often, it's called The Rule of Common Sense. I did tons of arbitration hearings during the 18 years I was a union president. And Arbitrators would use that argument quite often when something wasn't clearly written as a rule.... Proprietary information is someone else's property, and common sense says you can't steal or broadcast it.Unfortunately, the ease of internet hacking and stealing of movie streams, music and other IP rights stuff has sometimes deadened the realization that people don't have the right to do that ......and.... It's just like all the laws aren't on a page at our fingertips. But if you break one you are liable for whatever the criminal or libel penalties are. ......This discussion though, is getting a bit trivial. Brian said no, so I don't see why people have to keep questioning it. Brian's cool about this stuff. He's the ref. He always gives a warning if he thinks it's something that may cause issues with Universal, and takes it down, or tells the poster not to post it anymore. Like in life, not everything is black or white. Most stuff falls in gray areas and someone has to make a call. IU was on the outs with Universal for a long time, but now they're cool with Universal and accepted as media. No reason to jeopardize that position by posting proprietary information that's not officially presented by Universal.

Simple Fix...A Guideline update

Guidelines | Inside Universal Forums

Any image shared that allegedly shows internal, a.k.a. leaked, information that has not been released through accessible public channels will be immediately removed.

Photos taken from behind-the-scenes, restricted, or backstage areas are strictly prohibited. This includes any photo taken over the top of construction walls. Construction photos are welcome as long as they are taken from public areas. However, if the images appear to be taken from an angle beyond those areas, or show proprietary information including, but not limited to: blueprints - they will be immediately removed.

In some cases, this may include removing links to any site that contains said images. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove any questionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary.

Now back to the daily speculation.

Since the rides opening sometime this summer, and the last few attractions built have been centered around theming I'm kinda curious about how the Ride operators are going to handle the questions that people are going to ask. (Ex: wait didn't the Indominus die in the first film?)

Since the rides opening sometime this summer, and the last few attractions built have been centered around theming I'm kinda curious about how the Ride operators are going to handle the questions that people are going to ask. (Ex: wait didn't the Indominus die in the first film?)
Dumbledore is at the end of Forbidden Journey. Sometimes rides take place within a specific time period. Don’t think anyone’s going to be asking that.

A T-Rex died in Jurassic Park 3. Nobody cared.

Rundown for anyone who didn’t see it: They mummy is screaming and running away while he says that “they’re in a state of pandemonium” as sirens, more screams, and a T-Rex roar can be heard in the background....

Yup, leave it to me to be out of touch with Facebook to not know things in particular ways.

Rundown for anyone who didn’t see it: They mummy is screaming and running away while he says that “they’re in a state of pandemonium” as sirens, more screams, and a T-Rex roar can be heard in the background....

The only project I really pay attention to at USH is Jurassic World, but have there been any rumors about Mummy closing?
I would think that any USH Mummy replacement would also replace USF Mummy. I haven't heard anything about either (especially since there's so many things that need replacing first)

That's the video for anyone interested. Bringing Mummy into it was pure speculation on my part, although I am still curious why they chose the mummy as the character in the vid...

Status
Not open for further replies.