Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
MiceChat has and is reporting capacity of around 150 and its only ever been a bar.

Yep. Their quote:

“There isn’t a sit-down restaurant included in the cantina. As we first wrote in August of last year, Oga’s is a beverage establishment. The entire Cantina will be ready on May 31.

Additionally, the capacity of the location is not 30; it will be able to accommodate between 150-180 guests. Again, this isn’t new information, we wrote about that last year as well. “

Also David retracted his tweets and apologized.

So fencing without parrying? Kind of defeats the purpose. But yeah, nobody using their $150 toy to do this. Well, the vast majority of guests not.
It involves parrying, heavily (although it's done differently.) The three biggest differences are stance, movement (it tends to be much more about where/ how you move), and less thrust-based combat.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I wonder if the bar itself just has 30 seats around it and thats where the rumor came from.
This is most likely the case. It's probably not even 30 actual seats, but rather 30 places you can be seated. Kind of how when you get seated at a restaurant and the hostess says "Take them to table 12."

This is most likely the case. It's probably not even 30 actual seats, but rather 30 places you can be seated. Kind of how when you get seated at a restaurant and the hostess says "Take them to table 12."

I mean: I think seating is quite limited, but plenty of standing room, which is wise as it’ll be easier to get people out if they can’t camp out at tables.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yep. Their quote:

“There isn’t a sit-down restaurant included in the cantina. As we first wrote in August of last year, Oga’s is a beverage establishment. The entire Cantina will be ready on May 31.

Additionally, the capacity of the location is not 30; it will be able to accommodate between 150-180 guests. Again, this isn’t new information, we wrote about that last year as well. “

Also David retracted his tweets and apologized.

Which still makes it a SWGE attraction with an hourly capacity of 4-500 at best. Likely much lower.

A bar isn’t an attraction though...?

Disagree, technically gift shops aren't attractions either, unless they are in themed to Harry Potter.

Add the fact that Disneyland doesn't allow alcohol anywhere else in the park, and drinks cannot be taken outside, and you have a much larger capacity problem.

I'm assuming you will be able to leave with your drinks in Orlando. thankfully.

I must’ve missed when we started to consider any other theme park bar “attractions”. Sure it will be popular, but so is Finnegan’s during HHN, yet I’ve never heard it referred to as an attraction.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I would consider Golden/Diamond Horseshoe an attraction when they have shows playing inside. Not saying that the cantina will have that, but if they do have some elements where a show happens periodically (Twi'lek dancers anyone?) I could consider it an attraction.

I would consider Golden/Diamond Horseshoe an attraction when they have shows playing inside. Not saying that the cantina will have that, but if they do have some elements where a show happens periodically (Twi'lek dancers anyone?) I could consider it an attraction.
If it had a show with live performers (which it might, who knows), I’d agree. From all indications though, DJ Rex is the only entertainment, which seems like more of a background type thing, but who knows.

I’d classify it as a main feature of the land, but like Olivanders in Diagon/Hogsmead, the only attraction outside the rides in SWGE seems to be the lightsaber thing. Of course it’s not a free experience like Olivanders is.