Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love the Rome Burning scent from spaceship earth... can that be incorporated somewhere? Maybe the Lost Continent?

Reactions: truejonas
Turns out they have actually replaced all the basic timer spray thingies with a computer controlled scent distribution system from this company: Experience the power of scenting! | PremiumScenting with AIRQ

There’s now computer boxes with a lock on them in every bathroom.

And cotton candy does seem to be the scent in Seuess. I’m still trying to find out the rest, and will be checking them out myself later next week too.

Can’t wait for that radio to management. “Some lady keeps standing in the rest rooms sniffing around.”

Or like they just want the bathrooms to smell nice in unique ways?
I was joking in my prior post.

True, they will make the bathrooms smell better and more unique. No argument. But I still do stand by there's an element that this plays in with F&B. Scents stick in our mind and when smelling food, we tend to then want it. It's just how the mind works.

Reactions: truejonas
I was joking in my prior post.

True, they will make the bathrooms smell better and more unique. No argument. But I still do stand by there's an element that this plays in with F&B. Scents stick in our mind and when smelling food, we tend to then want it. It's just how the mind works.

Well if someone is using the bathroom that just means they are freeing up space to buy more F&B.

Some fun horticulture facts from the latest UOTM Insider Magazine (I think @Teebin bribed them to make this):
-One of the original palm trees at the entrance of USF was diseased and recently replaced
-There are nearly 40,000 trees on property
-Each tree has an RFID tagging system that can easily be scanned by a team member to retrieve info about that tree
-There are two miles of Jasmine covering the parking structures
-There are 1,500 individually programmed automatic water schedules
-Each year, millions of beneficial insects are released across the property
-There are many artificial bee hives in back-of-house areas to attract bees to build their colonies away from guest areas
-Sounds like we have Linda Hall (VP, Horticulture) to thank for the one tree that survived the JP coaster construction: “When a construction project had a beloved, unique Palm in its path, Linda
Hall made it known it wasn’t going anywhere. “I told them I would chain myself to the tree if it came down to it,” Linda chuckles. “You know what? They redrew the plans.””

Some fun horticulture facts from the latest UOTM Insider Magazine (I think @Teebin bribed them to make this):
-One of the original palm trees at the entrance of USF was diseased and recently replaced
-Each tree has an RFID tagging system that can easily be scanned by a team member to retrieve info about that tree
-There are many artificial bee hives in back-of-house areas to attract bees to build their colonies away from guest areas
-Sounds like we have Linda Hall (VP, Horticulture) to thank for the one tree that survived the JP coaster construction: “When a construction project had a beloved, unique Palm in its path, Linda
Hall made it known it wasn’t going anywhere. “I told them I would chain myself to the tree if it came down to it,” Linda chuckles. “You know what? They redrew the plans.””
Winner of today's "Teebin Nature Trivia Award". :thumbsup::cheers:

lisa-simpsons-nerd