The Curse of La Llorona | Inside Universal Forums

The Curse of La Llorona

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 29, 2015
1571C0E9-0038-4740-A38C-78974BE94858.jpeg Didn’t see a thread for this yet, so here it goes!

First poster for the film The Curse of La Llorona. Being released April 19th.

I don’t believe it’s connected to The Conjuring universe but it is made by the same people (James Wan in particular).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yeah, separate from The Conjuring Universe but spearheaded by James Wan's production company, Atomic Monster.

Shocked it took this long for the material to find a studio backer.

Just got done seeing an advanced screening of this movie earlier tonight... I very much enjoyed it!

It was pretty much what I expected, complete with supernatural horror movie cliches, jump scares & a bit of unexpected humor as well. There was a lot of the "mess with your mind & make you tense up" jump scares... THEY WERE VERY EFFECTIVE! :lol: The movie could've used some minor changes, but overall it was very enjoyable. Creepy as hell too!

As for the legend of La Llorona, they gloss over it a little. I didn't really have an issue. If you're a fan of the Conjuring movies, I'd say this ranks up there with Conjuring 2 & Annabelle 2 (I still have yet to watch The Nun). This movie is very LOOSELY tied to the Conjuring universe via the priest from Annabelle. Its a very very brief mention & split second flashback. Doesn't hinder the story at all.

Definitely a lot of maze material to work with, so hopefully WB adds it to their line-up when their haunt event returns next year.