Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So I thought about it and these 2 clues have to fit 2 of the codenames, which narrows down to: Pressure, Cotton, Onyx, Drill, Salt.

Based on what Legacy’s spec was earlier, Salt was an “original”, which seems to indicate it may be an IP rip-off house or maybe a sequel. If we’re looking at last year’s codenames as an indicator about A&D’s way of naming things, Poison and Zero were both sequel houses of things from 18. This year we have Pit which is a sequel from 21. What if Salt is a Forsaken sequel? Would fit with the clue of Sealab.”, and would fit with Legacy’s guess of “original” as Forsaken was a loose rip off of John Carpenter’s The Fog.

As for The Simpson’s clue, I think it would be Onyx. Something about it just seems right IMO, Onyx is a black stone and the clue is about colors and greyness. No clue what it would indicate but it just reminded me of the colors

As for The Simpson’s clue, I think it would be Onyx. Something about it just seems right IMO, Onyx is a black stone and the clue is about colors and greyness. No clue what it would indicate but it just reminded me of the colors

If we're using the color of Onyx, I will point out that more specifically it usually has bands of black and white.

So I thought about it and these 2 clues have to fit 2 of the codenames, which narrows down to: Pressure, Cotton, Onyx, Drill, Salt.

Based on what Legacy’s spec was earlier, Salt was an “original”, which seems to indicate it may be an IP rip-off house or maybe a sequel. If we’re looking at last year’s codenames as an indicator about A&D’s way of naming things, Poison and Zero were both sequel houses of things from 18. This year we have Pit which is a sequel from 21. What if Salt is a Forsaken sequel? Would fit with the clue of Sealab.”, and would fit with Legacy’s guess of “original” as Forsaken was a loose rip off of John Carpenter’s The Fog.

Given that Nightingales ended up having the codename 'Discus' I guess It's at least worth considering these other names are incorrect as well?

Given that Nightingales ended up having the codename 'Discus' I guess It's at least worth considering these other names are incorrect as well?

I mean, let's also point out that Pit was accurate to the concept anyways.

I believe Legacy mentioned back when OrlandoVillian posted the codenames that there was differences he had that really didn't change what the houses were.

I'm never getting my Thelma and Louise house, am I
Not with that attitude, you won't.
Based on what Legacy’s spec was earlier, Salt was an “original”
I was purely speculating when I made that statement. Don't hold to firm to that post.
I believe Legacy mentioned back when OrlandoVillian posted the codenames that there was differences he had that really didn't change what the houses were.
And Universal has changed the code names since. They're actively working to stay ahead of leaks.

Legacy appears to have strong likes and dislikes regarding house discussions. I'm curious, Legacy- what would be YOUR dream lineup of 5 IP's and 5 original concepts (assume you WOULD be attending).

Could be a fun discussion while we wait for more announcements or more info...

Legacy appears to have strong likes and dislikes regarding house discussions. I'm curious, Legacy- what would be YOUR dream lineup of 5 IP's and 5 original concepts (assume you WOULD be attending).

Could be a fun discussion while we wait for more announcements or more info...
My "perfect" event?

IPs
True Blood
The Final Girls
The Conspiracy
Z Nation
Devil's Pass

Originals
Ghostlight: Spirits of Shakespeare
Terminal 13 (Airport-based Original)
Hell High: School Musi-kill (or Hell High: Reunion)
Infestation (Mutant bug uprising)
Deja-Vu (high-concept original haunt where every scene is the same room, only with different scare locations and look variations. One room is covered in blood. One is different colors. One is upside down. Etc).

I still wouldn't attend though.

EDIT - This event is pretty redundant, looking at it again.

The Final Girls = Hell High (teen "slasher")
True Blood, Z Nation, and Ghostlight are all "compilation" houses.
Let's see, I've got

Monsters
Slasher
Atmosphere
Sci-fi
Ghost
Zombies
Beasts

I need "Riot" and "Funhouse" or Gore...

Revised-

True Blood
The Final Girls

The Conspiracy
Devil's Pass

Originals
Ghostlight: Spirits of Shakespeare

Terminal 13 (Airport-based Original)
Chop Shop (Auto garage/body part black market -> Fills Riot/Gore)
Infestation (Mutant bug uprising)
Deja-Vu (high-concept original haunt where every scene is the same room, only with different scare locations and look variations. One room is covered in blood. One is different colors. One is upside down. Etc).
Dark Fortunes (Funhouse style house based on different methods for telling the future. I'm actually building this in Sketchup right now)

Last edited:
House of 1000 coupses
Swamp yeti
Leave it to cleaver 2
Ghostbusters
Universal monsters
Kkfos
Stranger things 2&3
Nightingales bloodpit

Ban me again

Don't start.

And as a side note - if you have a problem with a user's post, do not name call or engage in any back and forth. Please contact or report the user and/or post to the moderators.

I’ve always wondered-how many people here get to attend vs. how many are here for the tea??
My issues with the event are more operational in nature. It's too expensive, too crowded, and too hectic for me to actually have a good time.

My passion comes from my personal historical connection to the event itself and my respect for the artistry. I believe haunts can be one of the most difficult and nuanced forms of live story-telling. More so than theater. With theater, you get as much time as you need to say everything that needs to be said about a character, a story, a setting, whatever. What's a character's motivation? Give them a monologue. What year are we in? Throw up a title card.

In a haunt, you have the few seconds it takes to walk through a scene, including the fewer seconds you get to see a scareactor. All the pieces have to click for a single instance in order for the story to work. The scenic, the lighting, the background noise/music, the scare sound, the costume, the make-up, even the way the scareactor appears all have to align. If one of those components don't jive, the entire scare can fall apart. And you only have a second to get it to work.