Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unethical life pro tip would be to complain about the noise and hope that they offer you free tickets as compensation.

Back to that palm tree. If this is them finishing preparation of the land and ready to start construction, I think an announcement is going to be forthcoming.

This isn't like Hagrid's coaster where an announcement needs to be made far in advance since they're closing Dragon Challenge, it's not like the JP coaster that can be announced any time since it's not replacing anything, it's not like Volcano Bay where it's an addition to the current resort.

This is a big deal, this is the future of Universal Orlando Resort for the next 29 years, there will probably be a groundbreaking ceremony with some big wigs and an announcement. Probably something very vague but I'd imagine they'd mention their plans to build a theme park and hotels and probably an opening year, not a concrete date.
The topping off of land clearing doesn't mean construction is ready to start. There's still a fair amount of grading to be done, water drainage ponds to be shaped, etc. Plus, the only construction permitted that we know of are trailers and the back of house warehouses off Sand Lake. It may still be until next year until we see actual theme park construction begin.

The tree is cute though, all alone out there. I wonder if it's being used as a general landmark for crews so they can tell where they are too, in addition to a sort of topping off.

Yes, definitely. The first building permits for that part of the project were filed last week, so the fill and grading is done in that area:

y7pikUW.png

Additionally, permits for a slew of construction trailers were also filed recently, so things are definitely about to kick into high gear:

WRsFmtb.png

05qBIR6.png

It's interesting going back to see previous speculation in this thread until now and seeing how opinions and ideas changed. Going back from 2017 until now, I realized my ambitions for this park were a bit too high! However there still a lot of things in my previous blue sky idea I would love to see.

Though it will never happen, I still strongly stand by my former ~230 acre park which now grew to 302 acre dream fourth park.

My Dream 4th Park
Universal Worlds-302 acres
Theme Park

Story: A destination of discovery, travel, wonderment, and immersion of culture. This park also houses 5 in park hotels. Entire park is about exploration.

Entrance- 4 acres: A bazaar with actual street peddlers, performers, and markets. Smell of shwarma, kebabs, etc. Should be entirely immersive as if you literally are in a real bazaar unlike port of entry IOA. This market should lead up to the hub surrounding by trees which opens up and you see...

Hub-6 acres: A one of a kind castle with cave slides, secret passages ways, a boat ride, and amazing restaurants not tied to any IP at all. Should possess elements of many different styles and be essentially universal. Essentially should be a fun house, a museum, a playground and a place just to relax and kick back. This should be an upward build where it houses a lot of different surprises.

8 overall Lands with subsections that should flow:
__________________________________________________________________________________
East Asian Valley 40 acres: (you go through a bamboo forest and japanese gardens to arrive a Four section land)

10 acres: Valley of Peace is mostly dedicated to Kung Fu Panda and China. Enjoy martial arts demonstrations, ping pong playgrounds, Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer show and Po and friends in two attractions (One E one D). Chinese food served here.

6 acres: Traditional Village is dedicated to Kubo, Avatar the Last Airbender (show), and traditional Japanese life. Enter a japanese market place, experience geishas and samuris. Enjoy tea ceremonies and sushi. Learn your element and bend earth air wind or fire in the interactive Airbender exhibit and ride dark ride based on Kubo.

12 acre : Pokemon Battle Resort with hotel, safari zone, Pokemon snap ride

12 acres: Adventure City is dedicated to Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Anime and the rest of East Asia (will serve cold noodles and Korean BBQ).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Europa-37 Acres (you cross a stone bridge and the black forest to arrive in a 5 section area) Hotel in this area

7 acres: Berk. This is prety self explanatory. All you need to do is also add in vikings and things of that nature. How to Train your dragon Show, Dragon ride, Vikings boat ride.
6 acres: Far Far Away and the Black forest. Since many of the fairy tales used in Shrek are based off Grimm it would be nice to create Far Far Awawy with a black forest outdoor/indoor coaster.
10 acres: Rivendell and land of LOTR. This seems to be so popular you can't have a future park with these.
10 acres: Universal Monsters Translyvania. This is the bread and butter of Europa. This is where you have a Van Helsing ride, exploring the castles which is permanent haunt.
4 acres: Aardman Animation's Scotland (Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, Chicken Run). Mainly to appeal to the English and provide them an area in a theme they don't have anywhere else in the world.
The Neighborhood-32 acres (walk down a tree lined street straight into 1950s style surburbia with a town square reminiscent to the one in Back to the Future)....you have old school ice cream trucks driving down roads, the smell of dinner in the area and at night the street lights come on and the house lights come on with scenes being played through the windows like families eating etc. Rather than break this down into areas these IPs would work well using the neighborhood as part of the facades...the list of IPs include: Despicable me House walk through and ride, Gremlins (which actually uses the same set as back to the future) interactive show, Goonies cave playground, Secret life of Pets meet and greet, Home ride, Back to the future new ride, Captain Underpants ride, Paranorman experiece, Coraline attraction, and Over the Hedge show.

10 Acre: Holiday World (Rise of the Guardians and ChristmasTown present) Also area for kid friendly HHN.
Hotel in this area

10 acres India: Sing based Bollywood show, Bollywood dancers and a Sinbad attraction
20 Acres Africa: Madagascar attractions and dance party. stage production of Out of Africa and African Dancers to set the mood and traditional foods and 10 Acre Harry Potter Hotel based off the Uagandou school of wizardry
5 Acres Australia: Priscilla Queen of the Desert show, area dedicated to Croods with a dark ride
_________________________________________________________________________________
Carnival 29 acres -Central America Caribbean and South American based (4 sub areas)

17 acres- Caribbean and Jurrasic World. Cuba , Jamaica, and Barbados represented. Should be a small beach where fireworks can go off at night with a nighttime party every night also with that Jurassic world is present
2 acres: Argentina Another dining area focused on romance, Original Spy ride
3 acres: Brazil....Carnival parade shopping and food
7 acres: Mexico which is mostly rides with A Book of Life dark ride, Journey of Puss in boots, El Dorado coaster, and Zorro show
______________________________________________________________________________________
30 acres The Next Frontier-Space and paranormal based and all indoors in the worlds largest planetarium.

In this area you have Voltron present as you fight to defend the galaxy, super mario galaxy and metroid shooter attraction, ghostbusters, a space race based ride. An ugraded version of Space Fantasy comes here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
45 acre Imaginarium- Area dedicated to wonder and discovery for lands that don't take or fit into other areas at all. A land where the imagination takes control...Hyrule may move to Europa

10 Acre-Hyrule for Zelda (Deku Tree, Interactive Show, Crazy dark ride)
10 Acre-OZ
5 Acre-Dystopian Hotel based off Brave New World, 1984, Frahenheit 451 etc
10 acre-actual Whoville for All the Seuss things coming up
10 acre-Disaster area where you can experience crazy weather phenomenons (twister/disaster reincarnated)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory lane-14 acres

This land is dedicated to Universal past, present and future. This is home to the Universal version of the great movie ride with tributes to many different things. Museums on films, exhibits of influential people and previewing theatres would be in this area. This area is also home to VR versions of past attractions so they never go away and you can always experience them. Also this is where the grand night finale is held which is an 45 minute long celebration show with pyrotechnics, dancers, water screens wall screens to the level that even Disney is like wow.

Hotel in this area.

For expansion, soundstages, and temporary overlays

But seriously can we get something like this as a hotel...I love the value and mods at Universal but i need something themed to the 10s in classy and realistic style.

images
EgyptEnter.jpg

The Jurassic World redo is a question mark currently.

I think it will be the perfect balance but we’ll need to wait and see.

That's true. When used sparingly, screens can help a ride. When used as the ride, well...

The best ride in the world (IMO) uses them as the ride. The only problem is USF probably has too many

Bolded my feelings. A single ride that relies on screens is fine, a handful that use them to enhance the ride, cool. When all rides consist of mostly screens, that's when people begin grumbling extra loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true. When used sparingly, screens can help a ride. When used as the ride, well...

Bolded my feelings. A single ride that relies on screens is fine, a handful that use them to enhance the ride, cool. When all rides consist of mostly screens, that's when people begin grumbling extra loud.
Well Navi
But I agree with you

We will see what direction this will go into the new park and as for the Jurassic World Redo if it comes to Universal Orlando unless JW gets moved over to the third park at the last minute. If Jurassic World in Orlando wants newer attractions from the franchise the third park is the answer with more space. We just don’t know where it’s going to go. The JP coaster however we will see if their are screens in that or most AA’s.

It's interesting going back to see previous speculation in this thread until now and seeing how opinions and ideas changed. Going back from 2017 until now, I realized my ambitions for this park were a bit too high! However there still a lot of things in my previous blue sky idea I would love to see.

But seriously can we get something like this as a hotel...I love the value and mods at Universal but i need something themed to the 10s in classy and realistic style.

images
EgyptEnter.jpg
*Chants*
Fantastic Worlds, Fantastic Worlds, Fantastic Worlds

But like seriously, this needs to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.