Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there's room for some cool effects. Glass can break outward, spray water, boat jumps, which for those of us with the "stuff in water" fears is going to hurt...a lot....in a good way. What if a fin or something actually CROSSES IN FRONT of the boat. I mean I have a hard time thinking it'll just be a screen.

Yeah that fear alone makes this first scene actually seem pretty thrilling to me. Not upset that it’s a screen.

I think the very first scene, however, will still be a properly narrated prefacing intro. Hopefully tangled with crawling vines too.

Y'all are acting surprised that the monsasaurus is a screen?

It's sad that Universal has groomed you to accept screens as par for the course.

The Wah-mbulance is on the way folks. No need to panic

Good one Chris.

Legit question: If Universal is creating amazing 3-headed monster AA's, advanced AA plants, Unicorns, etc on the other side of the country, why are you guys implying that any sort of Monsasaurus AA would be impossible here at USH, therefore we should be happy it's a screen?

I think Universal has picked up the heavy dislike of using so many screens - no article needed to know that! Hagrid's Coaster, to me, says they have learned their lesson.

There will be screens, and people need to be honest with themselves and realize that .

But the one land we know the attractions for, Nintendo, does not have a "screen" ride.

But they'll be there, probably in a decent number, but I don't think they'll be a majority

That's true. When used sparingly, screens can help a ride. When used as the ride, well...

The best ride in the world (IMO) uses them as the ride. The only problem is USF probably has too many

Last edited by a moderator:
Legit question: If Universal is creating amazing 3-headed monster AA's, advanced AA plants, Unicorns, etc on the other side of the country, why are you guys implying that any sort of Monsasaurus AA would be impossible here at USH, therefore we should be happy it's a screen?

Y’all are absolutely saturated with screens over there lol, and that’s an understandable frustration, few really disagree. But I think it’s just a tired argument... The ending will have a battle between two massive animatronics. I’d take a screen in order to get that any day. Plus I’ve heard that the ending to our upcoming coaster will have a screen, so... We’re all just hoping that whatever screens we DO get from now on just augment the experience.

The Mosasaurus is 50 feet long, I just didn't think that would ever end up as an animatronic so I'm not dissapointed. We could still potentially get a fin or something but either way if it has the interactivity others have suggested I'll be happy. I do get why you are unhappy though.

Lets not write this ride off just from one commercial, I'm still totally stoked for it.

I’m not surprised the mosasaur is a screen but I do think they had much larger visions for it. The initial press release referred to it getting you wet after jumping up to eat a shark which this scene definitely does not provide.

My guess is that AA was desired but they realized very early on that it just wasn’t doable,

Do you realize how massive a Mossasaurus is? Calm down the rest of the ride should satisfy you

I'm just gonna say that the last two rides at Universal Florida have been duds. (Fast n furious Supercharged and Race through new york) Screens are unfortunately the newer way of scene dressing and with the updated graphics and such can turn out to be a great addition to atmosphere. Second, this new mossasaurus is made by the king's of CGI (ILM) based off of the release Universal Did a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure this rides going to be way cooler than first thought. Im excited and already upgraded to Platinum for myself! (Free Express and parking + no blackout dates? Sold.)

I’m not surprised the mosasaur is a screen but I do think they had much larger visions for it. The initial press release referred to it getting you wet after jumping up to eat a shark which this scene definitely does not provide.

My guess is that AA was desired but they realized very early on that it just wasn’t doable,

Let's not assume anything until the first ride reports come through. Commercials are not exactly known for being accurate depictions of the rides they advertise.

I really don't think they ever planned for a full sized Mosasaur animatronic.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the mosa scene was 100 percent cgi, boat, water and all(besides the actors), we have no idea what this will end up being in full until we have actual video. For now its like being disappointed that a T-rex wont bash through the universal studio gates when you enter the park.....

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the mosa scene was 100 percent cgi, boat, water and all(besides the actors), we have no idea what this will end up being in full until we have actual video. For now its like being disappointed that a T-rex wont bash through the universal studio gates when you enter the park.....
Wait... he's not?! THIS RIDE SUCKS!

Here’s the question since we will be seeing a screen here with Mosasaurus in CGI we think will try breaking the glass will we see a screen clone in Orlando with no animatronic Mosasaurus? Remember with Reign of Kong at IOA we thought it was going to be a completely different attraction compared to Kong 3D it wasn’t really just screens, 3D glasses, a truck that you can barely see out of depending on where you sit, but the only difference was the Kong AA. I’m wondering if the Orlando version is an all screen Mosasaurus clone like the Hollywood version will we see one difference and that could be a Mosasaurus AA?

The screen element for that scene was inevitable, but I'm not mad about it - I think we should reserve judgement until it's experienced in person. I'm intrigued as to how the start of the ride plays out now, and how this Mosasaur interaction transitions back into the external scenes. The space was always going to be limited for AA's as soon as the Ultrasaur lagoon construction went vertical - and unfortunately this version has a lot less to work with in that regard. Not only that, but the sightlines of the Upper Lot completely sucked you out of the immersion. I think it was the right decision here.

One question I do have, without trailing back through construction photos/videos - is the cave/rockwork that separated the first two scenes now completely undercover of the new structure, or left as it was?

The screen element for that scene was inevitable, but I'm not mad about it - I think we should reserve judgement until it's experienced in person. I'm intrigued as to how the start of the ride plays out now, and how this Mosasaur interaction transitions back into the external scenes. The space was always going to be limited for AA's as soon as the Ultrasaur lagoon construction went vertical - and unfortunately this version has a lot less to work with in that regard. Not only that, but the sightlines of the Upper Lot completely sucked you out of the immersion. I think it was the right decision here.

One question I do have, without trailing back through construction photos/videos - is the cave/rockwork that separated the first two scenes now completely undercover of the new structure, or left as it was?
Exactly. I've never seen so many people poop their pants over two seconds of a highly edited shot of a screen before.

Yeah, I agree that the bad outdoor sight lines of the ride previously. make this an improvement for the Hollywood version. But as I said before, I really like the great beginning and reveal of the Orlando setting that's in a much more immersive environment, namely an entire JP massive land. So I hope they don't do this enclosure in Orlando, and just add to the ride's ending like this will do.

Yeah, I agree that the bad outdoor sight lines of the ride previously. make this an improvement for the Hollywood version. But as I said before, I really like the great beginning and reveal of the Orlando setting that's in a much more immersive environment, namely an entire JP massive land. So I hope they don't do this enclosure in Orlando, and just add to the ride's ending like this will do.
Even without seeing how this turns out, I hope the same. I know each version have their respective pros and cons, but I think the reveal of JPRA is one of the most immersive moments you'll find in a park. Putting some of the aging technology aside, it's a simply beautiful setting. There's no reason a Jurassic World overlay shouldn't happen, but I hope they can keep those scenes outdoors.

I’m hoping for the Jurassic Park River Adventure in Orlando if their is any chance it will get updated at all will we see the same exact mosasaur screen breaking through the glass like at USH or will we see a AA mosasaur in Orlando coming out of the water once the boat gets close. We don’t know if the Orlando version will be much different. Again going back to Kong we saw the old King Kong ride be replaced at USH because it broke out into a fire sadly by Kong 3D 360 and over at IOA we saw an exact clone but we saw the AA Kong at the end so I’m saying what if the mosasaur gets the AA in Orlando I guess time will tell.

It's about the story that Universal Creative wants to tell. As you pointed out in the Hagrid's Motorbike thread, while the Fluffy AA is impressive in detail and scale, it actually doesn't seem to move very dynamically. The side heads only move up/down & left/right, while the center head really only wiggles about and flaps its jaw. It doesn't move much and it certainly doesn't move fast. If they want the Mosasuarus to suddenly and fluidly spring forward to attack the boat, like we see in the ad, then perhaps the sCReEnZ version is better suited to telling that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.