Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

So I guess nitpicking on a restaurant sign is OK? good to hear! lol

I personally love how it all came out. I really like the black lettering. When you refer to salad generally, salad is the plural form. It is the same with soup. Not sure if I would like "Today cafe in White." With Orlando sun, that thing will reflect to the parking lot. Also the black makes the orange symbol stand out, which in my opinion is great!

So I guess nitpicking on a restaurant sign is OK? good to hear! lol

I personally love how it all came out. I really like the black lettering. When you refer to salad generally, salad is the plural form. It is the same with soup. Not sure if I would like "Today cafe in White." With Orlando sun, that thing will reflect to the parking lot. Also the black makes the orange symbol stand out, which in my opinion is great!
I mean a sign's primary purpose is being able to read it. I bet the letters probably look fine in person though.

It definitely does look a bit off in those pictures. Will be interesting to see what it looks like from the park.

I really could sit and wonder for hours why both “coffee” and “coffees” can indicate a plural form of the singular coffee. I guess the same goes for salad? It’s confusing as hell lol. But I guess it’s fine. My mind was just pulling up red flags for nothing.

As for the lettering, I don’t suspect it’s as ok. In those latter shots it looks alright! Black text on offwhite. But in the harsh midday lighting, it’s pretty illegible.

As for the lettering, I don’t suspect it’s as ok. In those latter shots it looks alright! Black text on offwhite. But in the harsh midday lighting, it’s pretty illegible.
Bio is also known for giving us some of the best quality photos out there that are enhanced beyond what the naked eye would see. I’ll hold out judgment until I see in the park one of the next few days myself.

Even more than the cafe itself, it'll be nice to get that entrance/walkway back with the taxi cab on the curb.

While necessary for the construction, of course, it was a bottle neck and made the area look claustrophobic. The whole area should be much improved now between that and the updated Universal and Hello Kitty stores.

The sign was brought up due to concerns about its legibility...That's not a nitpick, that's a legitimate concern

That is subjective. And it is obviously legible if you can read the word. I don't mind the opinions, nor the nitpicking. It offers a different way of seeing things. I find the complainers of those who nitpick annoying. Wasn't complaining about your opinions on the sign. I just wanted to point out the inconsistencies in general among many in what seems to be be acceptable to point out as poorly done by Universal.