Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

F&F Hobbs/Shaw Spinoff

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It is being reported, via multiple outlets; that the Fast and Furious film series, would be getting a spin-off film, with Dwayne Johnson's Luke Hobbs and Jason Statham's Deckard Shaw taking center stage.

Fast & Furious Spin-Off For Dwayne Johnson And Jason Statham In The Works | News | Movies - Empire

No other details have been made, due to the film being very early in the development cycle, as it seemed that Fast8 seemed to hint towards a film on the two of them.

What do you think? Are you interested to see how they could do a film without Vin for a spinoff? Comment down below!!

From THR, Idris Elba has been cast as the main antagonist for the spinoff.

I love Idris when he can do villains, as he did outstanding in Jungle Book and Star Trek Beyond as the villains for the respected films. Outstanding casting choice IMO.

What is the most realistic thing in that clip?

1) Statham beating up 12 grown men at once

2) Vanessa Kirby beating up 3 grown men at once

3) Rock holding the helicopter with a chain and his biceps

I used to enjoy movies like this, but I just can't anymore. I'm jealous of those who can.

Looks absolutely absurd: fun, funny, and over the top. Looking forward to a giant bag of popcorn and leaving my brain at the door to simply be entertained. Family movie night with Hobbs and Shaw on August 2nd?, yes please!

I used to enjoy movies like this, but I just can't anymore. I'm jealous of those who can.

Come on now. This is the entire F&F franchise. You watch it for the unrealistic, over-the-top action sequences and explosions. Nothing more.

I don’t like the F&F franchise and I want to see this movie.

I think this movie and Jumanji are the only non-Disney releases this year that could hit $1 billion.

Its a superhero movie with real people....and if Tom Cruise can do it for Mission Impossible in real life than The Rock who is stronger definitely should be able to.