Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see what happens I would love to see a mosasaurs AA grabbing a fake shark like we see in the first film not jumping totally out of the water just like a few inches but splashing the guests in the river adventures having the boat slowed down a little when you enounter the mosasaur. This would get you wet just like the final drop if they indeed put in the I-Rex with the T-Rex fighting in Orlando should be epic!

This was what I feared: losing like 4 AAs for a room full of screens. I know, we must wait until we ride it, but everyone here is saying how awesome the ride will be. Again, we have seen next to nothing. That being said I am disappointed that we lost an open enviroment with AAs for a room full of screens. The sight of Super Silly Funland and the parking structure could have been arranged adding more foliage. The point is that every single ride on USH has a screen, except for hippogriff and The Mummy. The rest of the rides rely heavily on screens. It's not something to enhance the rides, it's something vital to the rides. That is what aggravates me. We still haven't seen how many AAs we will have, but that entire closed section seems too long just for screens, and it seems that's the only thing they could fit in there. I did not want a Mossosaurus AAs nor a digital one. I wanted new innovative AAs such as Disney is producing. The shaman from Pandora is impressive and a totally new technology in theme rides, but Universal can't be bothered and instead opts for screens, once again. Even if ILM produced the CGI, it is not a guarantee it will look real or good, like Weta's King Kong anination that looked fake and looks fake. I know we need to wait and see but I don't like the direction Uni is taking

We will see what happens I would love to see a mosasaurs AA grabbing a fake shark like we see in the first film not jumping totally out of the water just like a few inches but splashing the guests in the river adventures having the boat slowed down a little when you enounter the mosasaur. This would get you wet just like the final drop if they indeed put in the I-Rex with the T-Rex fighting in Orlando should be epic!

You'll never get an AA Mosasaurus like that. Expecting that is just insane.

This was what I feared: losing like 4 AAs for a room full of screens. I know, we must wait until we ride it, but everyone here is saying how awesome the ride will be. Again, we have seen next to nothing. That being said I am disappointed that we lost an open enviroment with AAs for a room full of screens. The sight of Super Silly Funland and the parking structure could have been arranged adding more foliage. The point is that every single ride on USH has a screen, except for hippogriff and The Mummy. The rest of the rides rely heavily on screens. It's not something to enhance the rides, it's something vital to the rides. That is what aggravates me. We still haven't seen how many AAs we will have, but that entire closed section seems too long just for screens, and it seems that's the only thing they could fit in there. I did not want a Mossosaurus AAs nor a digital one. I wanted new innovative AAs such as Disney is producing. The shaman from Pandora is impressive and a totally new technology in theme rides, but Universal can't be bothered and instead opts for screens, once again. Even if ILM produced the CGI, it is not a guarantee it will look real or good, like Weta's King Kong anination that looked fake and looks fake. I know we need to wait and see but I don't like the direction Uni is taking

Why not both? You mention the Shaman.. but that's the only real AA in a ride full of screens.

You'll never get an AA Mosasaurus like that. Expecting that is just insane.

Why not both? You mention the Shaman.. but that's the only real AA in a ride full of screens.

Not really. The whole ride is a dark ride with some projections sprinkled here and there for ambiance

I’m just hoping the Orlando version will be less screens and more AA’s but the odds of that are very unlikely we will probably get an exact clone from USH over to IOA. I’m just getting a little overwhelmed with the screens. I know this is Universal Parks future going forward is screens. All I’m saying a mosasaur similar to the jaws ride not totally coming out of the water but just a little would be nice over a screen.

Not really. The whole ride is a dark ride with some projections sprinkled here and there for ambiance

Not sure if serious...

I’m just hoping the Orlando version will be less screens and more AA’s but the odds of that are very unlikely we will probably get an exact clone from USH over to IOA. I’m just getting a little overwhelmed with the screens. I know this is Universal Parks future going forward is screens. All I’m saying a mosasaur similar to the jaws ride not totally coming out of the water but just a little would be nice over a screen.

Jaws was a 20-foot shark. The Mosasaurus is 60 feet...

Not sure if serious...

Well you know what I’m saying they don’t have to make the mosasaurs 60ft as an AA they can simply put it in to the outdoor portion of the river adventure just my opinion. The JP coaster at IOA will give us a good idea of how many screens we will see going forward with the future of the JP land at IOA and if we will see this land converted into Jurassic World next year. Or make more space for a fully immersive Jurassic World at the 4th gate Fantastic Worlds. Their was even a rumor of a new VR attraction being added to JP at IOA. I think the outdoor section at IOA shouldn’t be touched but the indoor section yes.

Well you know what I’m saying they don’t have to make the mosasaurs 60ft as an AA they can simply put it in to the outdoor portion of the river adventure just my opinion. The JP coaster at IOA will give us a good idea of how many screens we will see going forward with the future of the JP land at IOA and if we will see this land converted into Jurassic World next year. Or make more space for a fully immersive Jurassic World at the 4th gate Fantastic Worlds. Their was even a rumor of a new VR attraction being added to JP at IOA. I think the outdoor section at IOA shouldn’t be touched but the indoor section yes.

I don't think you understand how much of a difference 40 extra feet is, even if it's just the upper body/head. It'd be like expecting this billboard of Jaws to actually be true...

images

Also, let's also not jump around to different topics. This is Jurassic World: The Ride talk.

I don't think you understand how much of a difference 40 extra feet is, even if it's just the upper body/head. It'd be like expecting this billboard of Jaws to actually be true...

images

Also, let's also not jump around to different topics. This is Jurassic World: The Ride talk.
Just as an aside, first time I went to Universal, as a kid, this was all I knew of the Jaws tram ride. When we came to the Jaws portion of the tour, I was scared to death because I kept waiting for this to happen!

It seems like most of you don’t want a mosasaur AA in the new Jurassic World ride at USH who said this would be the only scene featuring the mosasaur we might get 1 more scene with the AA. Again like in Reign of Kong the head of Kong was at the very end of the ride at IOA. Maybe they’ll do the same at USH. Screens won’t be around forever we all can agree on that. It’s just not the future of Universal Parks. Decades from now they’ll come up with something different. Decades from now they’ll be able to use AA’s that are more high tech like never before. Ditching the screens for good. Adios!

Typically I'm not a fan of screens, but I don't understand the controversy for the Mosasaur scene.

One: how else would they do the Mosasaur?

Two: the aquarium setting could probably cleverly add some depth and authenticity to the screen effect.

Can't wait to see it! I hope they really pull off some surprise... also, I hope we get some sort of Brachiosaurus AA's to replace the Ultrasaurs, perhaps necks and heads poking from a treeline.

At the end of the day, our opinions don't matter. It's all about what the GP thinks and feels about it.

That's what I'm curious about. My guess is that EVERYONE will want to see the Mosasaur scene, arguably the most iconic dino in JW. They will then see it's another screen and I think they will be disappointed. Perhaps they'll LIKE the ride overall, but not LOVE it.

The ending should be rad though so it will end with a bang. Why? AA's baby.

PS It's funny how all the moderators are denying that SCREEN FATIGUE is real and are like, "Woo Hoo Awesome So Happy Mosasaur is a Screen! I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED you guys have an issue with this.'

Not sure if serious...

Simple question: How tall is Indominus Rex?

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is not about the use of screens. The issue is with primarily screen based attractions (Despicable Me, Kong 360, Simpsons, Dreamworks). You hardly see complaints about Transformers or Mummy and they both heavily use screens for attraction elements. It'll be the same with JW. The public and the fans will be fine with it since it blends physical and media.

The mosasaur is a screen and quite frankly is the only respectable, reasonable, and practical way of bringing him into the story. Thinking he would come as an AA is simply delusional thinking.

Quite frankly if they had decided to try and create a functional and believable AA the cost would be astronomical and would have required upkeep of ludicrous proportions. The budget would be shot and even then shortly after opening it would require refurbishment on a regular basis that would mean the ride operating half the time with out the budget eating monstrousity causing even more backlash.

We don’t know what practical element might be used to enhance this scene be it bleeding screens, ping pong patent, etc. For all we know this may be the most crowd pleasing moment, up there with the finale.

It’s one screen scene on a ride filled with practical sets and AA’s people.

I myself can’t wait for the changes Universal has in store.

I’m just interested in how the story will be presented. Is JW fully operational? Clearly something’s gone wrong park-wide so I’m guessing the timeline is within the events of the first film.

@SOCAL110 Hey make sure you use the +Quote and Edit features and don’t double post

At the end of the day, our opinions don't matter. It's all about what the GP thinks and feels about it.

That's what I'm curious about. My guess is that EVERYONE will want to see the Mosasaur scene, arguably the most iconic dino in JW. They will then see it's another screen and I think they will be disappointed. Perhaps they'll LIKE the ride overall, but not LOVE it.

The ending should be rad though so it will end with a bang. Why? AA's baby.

PS It's funny how all the moderators are denying that SCREEN FATIGUE is real and are like, "Woo Hoo Awesome So Happy Mosasaur is a Screen! I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED you guys have an issue with this.'

We're not denying it. In fact, most of us have stated multiple times it's become a problem. The difference is what @k_peek_2000 stated. It's a 60 foot long, 30,000lb monstrosity that took out the I-Rex with one bite and dragged him to the waters like nothing. To expect an actual AA of that size.... in a small footprint.... in the water.... is foolish.

Simple question: How tall is Indominus Rex?

About a little bigger than the T-Rex.... and if your gimmick here is to say "Well the I-Rex/T-Rex is big...". It's still not as large as the mosasaurus.....

I’m just interested in how the story will be presented. Is JW fully operational? Clearly something’s gone wrong park-wide so I’m guessing the timeline is within the events of the first film.

It takes place at the time the I-Rex breaks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.