Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, our opinions don't matter. It's all about what the GP thinks and feels about it.

That's what I'm curious about. My guess is that EVERYONE will want to see the Mosasaur scene, arguably the most iconic dino in JW. They will then see it's another screen and I think they will be disappointed. Perhaps they'll LIKE the ride overall, but not LOVE it.

The ending should be rad though so it will end with a bang. Why? AA's baby.

PS It's funny how all the moderators are denying that SCREEN FATIGUE is real and are like, "Woo Hoo Awesome So Happy Mosasaur is a Screen! I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED you guys have an issue with this.'

Simple question: How tall is Indominus Rex?
I’m not exactly sure why you believe the presence of screens is a kind of conspiracy.
At the end of the day, would a life size AA Mosa be cool? Sure! Do you know what’s also cool? The fact that Universal believes in this property so much that they didn’t bulldoze the entire ride and replace it with Race Through New York or a full size F&F. We not only have a brand new Jurassic ride with state-of-the-art tech, but an entirely new Jurassic area. If that means a few 4K screens that will receive their desired effect when I’m riding it, so be it.

The park was crowded AF today. I only came there to ride Potter, the tour, and mainly to witness Dark Arts (Which was spectacular). I did get a few photos of the ride on the tram.

889CCF0E-553A-4EB5-96F9-409C67903416.jpeg

Couldn’t get a good view because if the tarp, but as the tram turned the corner, I could see the screen representing the aquarium inside. It’s right where the opening gates used to be. It was in a paused mode from what I could see. I just saw a few fish in place.

Just in case you were curious to see the roof:
A706943E-EB8E-42B3-AE1A-250D57823CFC.jpeg

I think I know why Universal doesn’t want to release the opening date and it’s not because the ride is not ready yet but rather because they don’t to anounce an opening date and only to over shot the opening date, I think what happed was that last year USH executives wanted an opening date to promote DreamWorks theater and start selling tickets but they overshot honestly the ride was doing soft openings to annual pass holders and the public like 2 weeks before it officials opened so I think this time to open the ride opened as fast as possible there going to delay the opening date until they know there done just for Harry Potter they announced the opening date 2 weeks prior to official opening date. If my theory is right then universal could randomly say it’s opening in 2 weeks some time in May and in those 2 weeks start pass holder and soft opening previews.

Jaws was a 20-foot shark. The Mosasaurus is 60 feet...

As a general FYI, the Jurassic World Mosasaurus is closer to 120+ feet long - making an animatronic even less feasible.

tCIRdzu.jpg

kbQK43a.gif

I think the Mosasaur scene seems like it could be pretty cool, and an example of a very good use of screens.
However, I really don't like its placement in the ride. The gates opening and Ultrasaur Lagoon were a beautiful, atmospheric part of the ride, and they really set the tone of and captured the beauty and majesty of Jurassic Park. It's sad to see it replaced by a cramped hallway.
I think it kind of messes with the pacing of the ride. I always loved how it started off beautiful and serene and then descended into tension and danger. If you start off the ride with a full-on Mosasaur attack, you lose all that build-up; it just starts off at full danger and stays that way, making it lose some of its edge. It vaguely reminds me of the difference in pacing between Spider-Man and Transformers.
Of course, we still know very little about the ride, so maybe it'll be amazing and I'm worrying about nothing.

Once they enclosed the ride we knew there were going to be screen elements. I am optimistic it will turn out good. At the end go the day I just want my ride back. I really like what they did with the exterior of the main show building with the t-Rex. It should make it an Iconic part of Universal.

gCNnYwO.jpg

Once they enclosed the ride we knew there were going to be screen elements. I am optimistic it will turn out good. At the end go the day I just want my ride back. I really like what they did with the exterior of the main show building with the t-Rex. It should make it an Iconic part of Universal.

gCNnYwO.jpg
One of my favorite things they did to the park. I like it so much that I wonder why they hadn't done it sooner

gCNnYwO.jpg

it bothers me so much that the teeth are a light color for some odd reason

I guess I don’t understand the love for the first scene. I always love the gates opening and the music cue, but the lagoon always felt cramp and underwhelming especially with the animatronics aging.
I kinda agree the gates open reveal is cool but I remember riding during summer and super hot and there is no shade in the lagoon. Sun blasting your face as you look up at the anamatronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.