Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are doing auger pressure grout piles in other words they drill a hole into the ground to a predetermined depth and as they withdraw the auger they pump grout (cement mixture) into the hole. Once that’s fully pumped with grout they install the rebar cage to give it rigidity and strength. Berkel and Company is the subcontractor hired to do the work. Auger Pressure Grouted Piles | Berkel & Company Contractors, Inc.

I'm amazed they can put the cage in after its been poured. It must be a really thin grout.

I imagine these are for the bridge right?
Yes judging from the location that they are installing them and that land has been cleared on the other side of the lagoon. My guess is they are spanning the water without putting footers or supports in the water. Just a guess though I could be wrong. My original thought was for the top hat section but I don’t think it’s on that side of the DC.
So, they allow the packed earth to become its own rough sonotube?
Yes
I'm amazed they can put the cage in after its been poured. It must be a really thin grout.
I am amazed at that as well so I would assume you are correct that it’s a thinner grout.

The gout is a more fluid mix using smaller pea-gravel as opposed to larger aggregate as you see in surface concrete work like sidewalks and building slabs. In one of Bio's other photos you can also see a medium diameter caisson, a diesel hammer used for driving piles, and vibratory clamp for sheet piling. Looks like they are installing a wide range of deep foundation types on this project.

Still hopeful that it's a Jurassic Park ride and not World.
I'd much rather Jurassic World be completely done over in a third park. Top notch details and aesthetics for it.
That way, they can have it pulling in crowds 10+ years to come.

Actually wanted to share this with you guys and see if this would be a great idea:

Imagine walking into the brand new Universal theme park that just opened and you see straight ahead is a crystal clear lagoon. And just on the other side is Jurassic World main Street. Straight out of the film, shops and restaurants hemmed about, with a massive tall Innovation Center in the middle. Green tropical trees spread about. A water park situated in the back. A Jurassic Lagoon ride, a Gyrosphere influenced ride that's half outdoor half indoor dark ride. Animatronic Dinosaurs to take pictures with.

A Replicated Indominus Paddock built with massive speakers inside that plays the I Rex Roar at a realistic volume. So you can hear it from any distance in the park. Once you get inside to the viewing area, you are watching realistic LED screens that make it look like you're watching the I Rex in it's habitat. The room is built to shake with the dinosaur walking around and thrashing.

Ofcourse a Jurassic World roller coaster is a must. Something that implements a unique style for it.

Maybe they can figure out a way to build fake mountains behind Main Street, to give the island vibe? House the dark ride underneath the mountains.

Display a jungle area that guests can walkthrough and in the jungle area is the ruins of Jurassic Park.

Speakers are played throughout the park and it plays the key highlights of Michael Giacchino's Jurassic World score. Jimmy Buffet can actually lease his restaurant Margaritaville to be put as one of the restaurants on Main Street

Obviously this third Orlando park would be a mixture of blockbuster lands, but Jurassic World should get a huge portion of it.

Last edited:
As long as they don't build the JW pyramid building or seriously revamp the area, I don't really mind any of the changes. Go all in on the JW look at the new park. A raptor containment area would blend well even if the inside is more JW than JP.

Have to see the JW ride before I judge. Ours is a little more generic imo without the car and only one Trex.

My opinion on JW in Florida can be summed up with this:
giphy.gif

Regarding the vegetation clearing, I keep telling myself “It’s just temporary... it’s just temporary... it’s just temporary.”

Right? I kind of wince every time I see an update. That section of the park must feel really wide open now, and not in a good way.

I hope the dense jungle vibe does return, though the fact that coaster tracks and other assorted ride infrastructure are going in there will necessarily mean it can't possibly be as dense as it was before. Hopefully they have a plan.

If the river adventure gets updated I expect new dinosaurs, new story, that are different from the Jurassic World ride makeover at Hollywood. Perhaps theme the new Jurassic World River Adventure from the 2nd movie introduce the Indo-Raptor at the end of Fallen Kingdom, mosasaur yes we don’t know if it’ll be a aquarium screen, I-Rex, keep the outdoor section of the river adventure open again if it ever gets updated we don’t know just my thoughts.

So is this a temporary (i.e. for the duration of the coaster construction) move, or is this the new, permanent site of experience?

Quite a step down in terms of ambiance if it's permanent.

So is this a temporary (i.e. for the duration of the coaster construction) move, or is this the new, permanent site of experience?

Quite a step down in terms of ambiance if it's permanent.

My understanding (which I differ to @RollermanDan and @Alicia on this project) is that it's a temporary move and a permanent and expanded meet and greet will be built as part of the new attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.