Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more info:

Known as the “Blast-Ended Skrewt,” this unique creature will be one of the most life-like animated figures Universal Orlando has ever created and was brought to life for the first time ever for this new adventure. Described as a cross between a giant scorpion and an elongated crab, this creature was created by Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in the Harry Potter films and the guide of this new experience. During their journey, guests will come face-to-face (or face-to-rear) for the first time ever with the “Blast-Ended Skrewt” and its dangerous ‘blasting end.’ Here’s some fast facts about what you can expect from this rare magical creature:

• Fire ignites from its ‘blasting-end’ – so be cautious
  • Measures eight ft. long, features a ten-foot tall tail with a massive stinger and weighs more than 6,000 pounds
  • Produces a very powerful and signature odor created specifically for this distinctive creature

It looks CG? Maybe they haven't been installed yet or maybe they'll be on screenz?

Read above :lol:

Known as the “Blast-Ended Skrewt,” this unique creature will be one of the most life-like animated figures Universal Orlando has ever created and was brought to life for the first time ever

Looks like that's the concept art for it. They're holding out for the actual encounter.

Read above :lol:

Known as the “Blast-Ended Skrewt,” this unique creature will be one of the most life-like animated figures Universal Orlando has ever created and was brought to life for the first time ever

Looks like that's the concept art for it. They're holding out for the actual encounter.
Gotcha! Makes sense to me. Having to deal with scorpions every summer, I’m sure these things will end up in my nightmares.

Might just be poor wording, but the blog makes it seem like there will be multiple Skrewts

"you’ll encounter Blast-Ended Skrewts up to 8 feet long with tails up to ten-feet high and topped with a massive stinger."
I've mentioned it before, but part of the queue will take us through a lab where Hagrid creates these hybrid creatures. In addition to the giant one on the ride, we may see more in the queue... Maybe babies? Or even a musion effect to make it look like a big cage full of them or something?

Since the blog explicitly says the Skrewts are Hagrid's (intended) lesson for the day, I'm sure they're be setting them up in the queue.

Also, looks like this was added to the end of the blog post today?

And these aren’t the only creatures you may encounter on your journey with Hagrid:

• You may hear some Thestrals near the carriages
  • Look out for sculptures of various magical creatures living in the black lake, including Merpeople (mysterious underwater-dwelling beasts) and Grindylows (horned, pale-green water demons)
  • Keep your ears tuned for the voices of gnomes- they’re known to scurry about the grounds
  • And even more surprises!

Yea, seems lot a roll through, no stop. I was wrong about that. And that does mean the only full stop is drop track, which is crazy (especially compared to things like Gringotts).
Roll through with no stop seems to be the perfect fit for this whole ride. We don't need any "scene setup"- the queue will handle that. So having a continuing ride will make this flow much better IMO.

Hope it doesn’t feel too quick if you know what I mean.

I don’t want to have the “that’s it?” feeling when getting off that some rides give me.
I wouldn't worry at all about this. While it would be short for a dark ride, it's longer than most roller coasters. Remember that it's not a dark ride, it's a coaster. We can't forget that. With that in mind, I can't see how anyone could leave this wanting more; unless they wanted an intense coaster. People will be smiling ear to ear hopping off this.

Produces a very powerful and signature odor created specifically for this distinctive creature
This will be interesting. Curious as to what the smell will be.

So I'm guessing a fire effect when we enter the hut?
100%

-----

Now that we have most of the creatures shown to us, the queue is by far my most anticipated next tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.