Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

About a decade ago apple pushed back the release of a macOS update so they can focus on a major iOS update. I think this might be the case here.
Yeah, it really wouldn’t surprise me given how early the 8/29 date is compared to our expectations for opening.

Costly? They’re gonna be raking in the money during the opening.
That’s what I would think to! I just can’t think a opening delay would be for any reason other than money or technical delays.
About a decade ago apple pushed back the release of a macOS update so they can focus on a major iOS update. I think this might be the case here.
I remember that! I think the reason was a engineer shortage. I remember reading that Apple at the time just had a “software engineering” org. They would focus on one big thing at a time. The iOS release was behind so they didn’t want to send off engineers to work on the next thing.

I’m assuming they have dedicated iOS and Mac teams now because that’s a really weird way to run a company.

I actually don’t mind an opening for this ride being moved back. It’ll get lost in the shuffle opening alongside SWGE and it’s not like this ride would help much directly with those there for SWGE anyways.

But you’re not an out-of-towner whose (potentially) only trip window for the next 24 months is conceivably at a time when it won’t be open!

Yes, I'm being selfish and impatient.

I was wondering if it meant getting all manpower available over to the Star Wars project?

This is what I suspect.

Again, I have a hard time seeing that as an acceptable reason for a delay. It's just Disney being unwilling to spend the resources required to facilitate the (partially) updated timetable for Galaxy's Edge without cutting resources elsewhere to offset.

But you’re not an out-of-towner whose (potentially) only trip window for the next 24 months is conceivably at a time when it won’t be open!

Yes, I'm being selfish and impatient.

This is what I suspect.

Again, I have a hard time seeing that as an acceptable reason for a delay. It's just Disney being unwilling to spend the resources required to facilitate the (partially) updated timetable for Galaxy's Edge without cutting resources elsewhere to offset.

There’s only a certain amount of manpower out there.

I have every confidence Disney would find a way to get it done if they really wanted to.
No doubt the absolutely could, but the cost to bring in extra construction workers mid-project from out of state or wherever is just too high for any rational company to justify when they can simply get SWGE open and then spread the crews out between RotR and MMRR and hopefully get both open by the end of the year.

I feel your pain in missing the attraction, I do. I haven't always lived in Orlando. It's just really a matter of months we're talking about here. If getting the full "new DHS" experience is what you want, i'd postpone your trip until 2020. This is why we always warn not to plan trips around attractions that aren't open yet as it can lead to disappointment.

The only official timeline I can track down that Disney has claimed for MMRR is "opening 2019", so they haven't even given a timeframe. Let's remember most of us thought this was a Fall project anyway until we heard the opening date for SW:GE.

I mean, my trip is planned for late January of 2020, which was picked primarily because it's when works best for the rest of my group... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't push for it because I assumed Hollywood Studios would be as "complete" as it's going to be (until the necessary next expansion) by then and the holiday crowds will have exited the stage.

I mean, my trip is planned for late January of 2020, which was picked primarily because it's when works best for the rest of my group... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't push for it because I assumed Hollywood Studios would be as "complete" as it's going to be (until the necessary next expansion) by then and the holiday crowds will have exited the stage.
Late January is a great time to pick for Orlando... after MLK and the WDW Marathon, and the Festival of the Arts should be going on while you're here, too. As long as all the rides open for the holidays, sounds like a great time to visit.

Hopefully we'll hear some official information about that next necessary expansion at the D23 Expo this year. I want to hope that they don't just rest on their laurels again and they see the benefit of investing into the parks.

So today they have announced that they are bringing this ride to Disneyland's Toontown in 2022 (which frankly I figured would be a D23 announcement) and buried in that is that Studio's version will now open in Spring 2020.
Oh my!

And this cements Disneyland for having the best bang for your buck out of any theme park in the Disney sphere, perhaps any theme park. The attraction lineup is insane!

XMvb8fH.gif

I am not impressed.

Ugh, I knew getting three E-tickets as originally promised was too good to be true. Now we’re barely getting two.

The only positive is Mickey getting a chance to shine at opening without being in the shadow of SWGE, but the park desperately needs capacity yesterday.

I think that shadow will extend well through next year anyway, though.
My point was it could at least get its own marketing campaign, which it wasn’t going to get.

Not that I wouldn’t rather the ride open this fall, but im trying to read into their reasoning, because I think it could open this year if they wanted it to. Spread the opening of rides to keep people coming back.

I think their reasoning is much more that they'd rather not spend the money to finish the ride on their original (and correct for the park's needs) timetable.
I mean, it could be a factor, but I think this does help with advertising for 2020. They can promote Rat and Mickey as new for the year and still get mileage for years out of SWGE. Mickey could’ve gotten lost in the shuffle this year and doesn’t have a mileage play like a huge land like SWGE, leaving Rat to anchor 2020 with SWGE.