Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really have to wonder what they'll do about the Eiffel Tower. Between the Rat and the Skyliner it really kills the forced perspective and shows that it's a tiny prop.

Reactions: tankart150
I really have to wonder what they'll do about the Eiffel Tower. Between the Rat and the Skyliner it really kills the forced perspective and shows that it's a tiny prop.

Depending on how close you are to the buildings at the rear heading to Remy, you might not be able to see it.

Some trees could maybe block the view from the Skyliner but given how many people will be riding vs people visiting Epcot, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Edit: Looking at the concept art, they might be moving it.

rat2340987FI.jpg

Double edit: I've changed the concept art to show the current location of the Eiffel Tower.

current location eiffel tower.jpg

Last edited:
You won’t really be able to see it from the courtyard. The walkway is gonna be covered over quite a large portion of it, too. To even see that it’s there, you’ll have to look almost straight up. It’s the Skyliner where it’ll be an issue.

rat2340987FI.jpg

Moving it over to that spot would dramatically alter the view from the lagoon side looking into the pavilion towards Impressions, though. The tower is already slightly offset from centered above Impressions, and moving it even further could look pretty odd.

Depending on how close you are to the buildings at the rear heading to Remy, you might not be able to see it.

Some trees could maybe block the view from the Skyliner but given how many people will be riding vs people visiting Epcot, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

rat2340987FI.jpg

Double edit: I've changed the concept art to show the current location of the Eiffel Tower.

View attachment 8925
Just noticed this post. I wonder if this is anything more than artistic license though. It looks a lot better up where they have it in this concept art, but I do wonder how it would change the forced perspective that the tower uses. Basically, I just wonder how the tower would look from the front in that location.

Wow, that’s terrible and certainly not what I expected when I clicked on here.

Someone maybe should look into the safety requirements Disney enforces upon their contracted construction workers though... didnt one or two people die during the construction of the Skyliner, too?

Wow, that’s terrible and certainly not what I expected when I clicked on here.

Someone maybe should look into the safety requirements Disney enforces upon their contracted construction workers though... didnt one or two people die during the construction of the Skyliner, too?

Oh, OSHA is already on scene looking into this and the rest of the work site(s), that's for sure. All the contractors are required to be up to OSHA standards on safety especially on heights. Not sure if there is a "FLOR-OSH" that has standards that go above OSHA, but some states do. Individual businesses don't usually mess with safety requirements for liability reasons. Theres numerous ways that this could have happened though ranging from human error to equipment or structural failure. Until more details are released, it's hard to say how avoidable it was.

Reactions: OrlLover and Nick
Worth talking about in wake of the news that MMRR will be opening Spring 2020, I have to wonder if that means Rat will get pushed back to Fall 2020. I doubt WDW wants to open two similar rides with rats as the central character at the same time.