Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

I wanted to stop by WDW at least one day to see Runaway Railway this Fall for HHN, but with the mess of inly half of GE officially opening long before that, I’m strongly considering just not going at all. WDW, especially DHS, will be a crowded mess with the only new experience for me being Toy Story Land. I’m going to Paris in June so I’ll be able to experience Rat, but while it’s disappointing with the delays going on, it’s not a huge deal that RR and RoftR are being bumped. Worst case scenario, I live an hour from DLR so I’ll eventually get to see those rides.

I feel really, REALLY bad for folks (especially families) who live far from SoCal and Orlando and are having to deal with this headache. I find this very unprofessional of WDW to tease SW:GE AND RR for THIS year only to have the GP to learn the hard way that only one of the three E-tickets being open. What a lousy last-minute delay to make on these folks.

WCR is having huge delays at Six Flags, but at last they’re trying their absolute best to open it this year instead of announcing it’s getting bumped. Six Flags is trying harder than Disney to open major stuff on time. Let that sink in.

The most egregious thing about this whole scenario is that MMRR was supposedly chosen because it would be a "quick" new ride to promote and replace a classic ride running on an aging ride system. I was okay with MMRR replacing the GMR at the time because I figured they'd never update it and it was time to move on. But updating it was on the table at a cost of $100M + adding MMRR as a separate build (per @Marni1971). With how Disney throws money around and how this project has slipped behind, I can't help but feel we got the EXTREME short end of the stick, especially with Disneyland getting MMRR only 2 years after DHS.

I wanted to stop by WDW at least one day to see Runaway Railway this Fall for HHN, but with the mess of inly half of GE officially opening long before that, I’m strongly considering just not going at all. WDW, especially DHS, will be a crowded mess with the only new experience for me being Toy Story Land. I’m going to Paris in June so I’ll be able to experience Rat, but while it’s disappointing with the delays going on, it’s not a huge deal that RR and RoftR are being bumped. Worst case scenario, I live an hour from DLR so I’ll eventually get to see those rides.

I feel really, REALLY bad for folks (especially families) who live far from SoCal and Orlando and are having to deal with this headache. I find this very unprofessional of WDW to tease SW:GE AND RR for THIS year only to have the GP to learn the hard way that only one of the three E-tickets being open. What a lousy last-minute delay to make on these folks.

WCR is having huge delays at Six Flags, but at last they’re trying their absolute best to open it this year instead of announcing it’s getting bumped. Six Flags is trying harder than Disney to open major stuff on time. Let that sink in.
The worse thing....is that it may be that this is all planned by Disney....using a minor construction delay on ROR to push both ROR & Mickey back, and get the most bang for their buck out of their new attractions.

The worse thing....is that it may be that this is all planned by Disney....using a minor construction delay on ROR to push both ROR & Mickey back, and get the most bang for their buck out of their new attractions.
This was my point in my post where I was trying to read into their reasoning. I don't buy that there's any delay with this attraction that warrants pushing it back and I also don't think it's just to stretch out construction costs.

They want the best bang for their buck, as you said.

The most egregious thing about this whole scenario is that MMRR was supposedly chosen because it would be a "quick" new ride to promote and replace a classic ride running on an aging ride system. I was okay with MMRR replacing the GMR at the time because I figured they'd never update it and it was time to move on. But updating it was on the table at a cost of $100M + adding MMRR as a separate build (per @Marni1971). With how Disney throws money around and how this project has slipped behind, I can't help but feel we got the EXTREME short end of the stick, especially with Disneyland getting MMRR only 2 years after DHS.

I did not know any of this and now I’m mad about GMR all over again

Very suspicious. It's even more suspicious that the Notre Dame caught on fire the same week they announced the delay.....I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! Disney is cutting costs in their parks to buy the Notre Dame! They not only want to monopolize the entertainment system but they want to monopolize religion! Soon they will buy everything else. What I'm trying to say is....THE GLOBALISTS ARE BEHIND ALL OF THIS!
alex-jones.jpg

Joking aside, this is a super cheap and super-lame move on Disney's part. Willing to be very unprofessional to save a quick buck.

Very suspicious. It's even more suspicious that the Notre Dame caught on fire the same week they announced the delay.....I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! Disney is cutting costs in their parks to buy the Notre Dame! They not only want to monopolize the entertainment system but they want to monopolize religion! Soon they will buy everything else. What I'm trying to say is....THE GLOBALISTS ARE BEHIND ALL OF THIS!
View attachment 9387

Joking aside, this is a super cheap and super-lame move on Disney's part. Willing to be very unprofessional to save a quick buck.
:lol:

View attachment 9387

How about we don't use a man who spreads lies about children dying is fake as the base of a joke?

So, for decades it has taken Disney WAY too long to build stuff. Three years for Dwarf Hill, what like 4 for Pandora. And folks thought they could take on multiple massive builds, on accelerated timelines?

Disney put themselves in this humongous hole. I hope they get brutalized for the SWGE openings. They deserve every bit of it. They haven't given a damn about guest satisfaction for 18 years, and it shows. Now they are opening the biggest lands ever, and are going to have only one ride, and a tiny bar. Oh, and what will likely be an hours long line for Blue Milk.

And the surrounding park is a half day park, with most of the restaurants being booked up 3 months ago.

I can't help but feel we got the EXTREME short end of the stick, especially with Disneyland getting MMRR only 2 years after DHS.

And Disneyland gains yet another big attraction, while Hollywood Studios lost one.

When's the last time Disneyland fans had to lose a significant attraction to get something new out there? It happens in Florida all the time. So much for the mythical "blessing of size."

So, for decades it has taken Disney WAY too long to build stuff. Three years for Dwarf Hill, what like 4 for Pandora. And folks thought they could take on multiple massive builds, on accelerated timelines?

Disney put themselves in this humongous hole. I hope they get brutalized for the SWGE openings. They deserve every bit of it. They haven't given a damn about guest satisfaction for 18 years, and it shows. Now they are opening the biggest lands ever, and are going to have only one ride, and a tiny bar. Oh, and what will likely be an hours long line for Blue Milk.

And the surrounding park is a half day park, with most of the restaurants being booked up 3 months ago.

It isn’t just WDW either. All of their parks around the world are getting massive expansions in an unprecedented way.

I am impressed if it is a situation of them just sitting on the attraction. Pure capitalism. Most companies would/could never sit on such an expense.

Yeah, getting 0% ROI on a couple hundred million usually isn't something a company wants to do. But opening it with SWGE was pretty much going to give it 0% anyway. THis way, at least they may be able to tack a few hotel stays and tickets on MMRR. Although the park may still be damn near capacity daily next Spring still.

And Disneyland gains yet another big attraction, while Hollywood Studios lost one.

When's the last time Disneyland fans had to lose a significant attraction to get something new out there? It happens in Florida all the time. So much for the mythical "blessing of size."

I mean... it’s always been shocking that disney world... the shining beacon of Disney parks... had(has?) less rides in two parks combined then one land in Disneyland...

I was just thinking of this. Disneyland is without a doubt the best theme park in the world as far as bang for your buck and a lot of the reason for this is because they have only have two parks to focus on and Disneyland park covers a ridiculous amount of space for one park in the middle of Anaheim. Only having two parks to focus on means you can have a much more laser focused vision on improving the quality of each park and with every addition, the attraction roster continues to get even more ridiculous at a faster pace since the additions are only going in one of two parks. UOR demonstrates this as well.

With WDW having to focus on four parks, theoretically it may seem great, but it only causes parks to stagnate and growth of individual parks comes slow, even when the resort sees a period of high growth (as it currently is).

I was just thinking of this. Disneyland is without a doubt the best theme park in the world as far as bang for your buck and a lot of the reason for this is because they have only have two parks to focus on and Disneyland park covers a ridiculous amount of space for one park in the middle of Anaheim. Only having two parks to focus on means you can have a much more laser focused vision on improving the quality of each park and with every addition, the attraction roster continues to get even more ridiculous at a faster pace since the additions are only going in one of two parks. UOR demonstrates this as well.

With WDW having to focus on four parks, theoretically it may seem great, but it only causes parks to stagnate and growth of individual parks comes slow, even when the resort sees a period of high growth (as it currently is).
Yes, totally agree. A major reason we'll probably never see a fourth Universal real 'theme' park in Orlando.

The Irony for DHS is that now that Disney owns Fox they probably have enough movie franchises, both modern and classic, to have upgraded the GMR to something really special, and without then having to pay for licences.

I'm excited about MMRR but I'd be more excited if it was replacing Star Wars Launch Bay than the GMR, but that ship has sailed...

This delay just feels like typical Disney - spend ridiculous amounts of money and never hit a deadline.

Everyone is acting as if Disney is choosing to not open this on time. There’s a significant shortage of clean construction workers in Orlando. Look at it this way, if they would’ve chosen not to divert resources, given the issues that came up with Galaxy’s Edge it wouldn’t have opened this year at all. It’s the bigger and more anticipated of the two projects, so it makes sense that they would push that forward and divert resources to finish it. It sounds like Mickey’s is nearly 6/7 months out anyways, so it wasn’t going to open on time as is.