Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
with all this creepshow talk, im surpised you guys didn't mention THIS scene
creepshow_roaches_in_mouth.JPG
This is from the movie??

Probably unrelated, but they took the original Creepshow off of streaming on Shudder which is a massive bummer.

Creepshow 2 is still up, though.

i do have one question. what are going to be the scares for the plant and the roach segments? i mean the rest of the segments have tons of scares (zombie dad, crate beast, zombie couple), but there isn't any scares in the rest. the plant section is more depressing, and the roach one is more disturbing. so im kinda confused on those.

i do have one question. what are going to be the scares for the plant and the roach segments? i mean the rest of the segments have tons of scares (zombie dad, crate beast, zombie couple), but there isn't any scares in the rest. the plant section is more depressing, and the roach one is more disturbing. so im kinda confused on those.

Here's how I would personally kinda do it in like 10 scenes:
  • Opening kid's room with The Creep
  • Father's Day is 2 rooms
  • Jordy is 1 room with an SoX esque scare
  • Tide You Over is 2 rooms
  • Go out of order and put a room for Creeping Up On You here
  • Crate gets 2 rooms
  • Finale with The Creep again at the window

For "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill", I think that one would benefit of them going in a original spin and go Seeds of Extinction on us for the scare.

For "They're Creeping Up on You", I don't think that one will really need a scare. With roaches, you just need them everywhere and that can be a good freak out. Perhaps something on/in the floor to make it feel like you're stepping on them. (A crunchier version of the Humpty Dumpty scene in Scary Tales last year.) Though I can see them having the old man pop out here and there.

Also, I just remembered that my friend Ian really doesn't like insects, so any runthrough of this house is gonna' be fun for me and Hell for him. XD

For "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill", I think that one would benefit of them going in a original spin and go Seeds of Extinction on us for the scare.

For "They're Creeping Up on You", I don't think that one will really need a scare. With roaches, you just need them everywhere and that can be a good freak out. Perhaps something on/in the floor to make it feel like you're stepping on them. (A crunchier version of the Humpty Dumpty scene in Scary Tales last year.) Though I can see them having the old man pop out here and there.

Also, I just remembered that my friend Ian really doesn't like insects, so any runthrough of this house is gonna' be fun for me and Hell for him. XD

My head version of Creeping Up On You with my layout was that it was a no scare room just based off the grossout factor. They have the body there, but it does nothing. It's a "breather" before you'd head into the giant ape monster Crate sequence.

Reactions: hhnlover
Creepshow would be fun! Ed Harris dancing by itself was terrifying. Also, that's author Joe Hill (King) as the kid in the prologue/epilogue. Anyone think Locke & Key would make a cool house?

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I'm saying technically in that King was a proper connection, simply it wasn't plugged into the right hole shall we say.

Lol. I really am a crazy fangirl. That technically hurt. He is very connected to Creepshow. Probably more connected than many realize.

I thought Stephen King didn't want his work to be associated with haunted houses?

That’s a kicker, isn’t it? He doesn’t like haunted houses. Last my crazy fangirl self heard was “he is very unhappy with Universal”.

Take that as you will.

Lol. I really am a crazy fangirl. That technically hurt. He is very connected to Creepshow. Probably more connected than many realize.

That’s a kicker, isn’t it? He doesn’t like haunted houses. Last my crazy fangirl self heard was “he is very unhappy with Universal”.

Take that as you will.

In the end, it would depend on how much stake he holds on Creepshow's rights. Considering it was quite literally his screen writing and acting debut, you'd think a good chunk.