Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

In the end, it would depend on how much stake he holds on Creepshow's rights. Considering it was quite literally his screen writing and acting debut, you'd think a good chunk.

There’s, also, the fact that Joseph Hillstrom King (Joe Hill) played Billy as @Robert Bliss mentioned above. How much stake do you think he’d maintain with his son’s only acting credit?

In regards to King, I would argue it may be a situation to where it pertains more to the Romero estate and WB themselves, if Creepshow is something potentially in the cards (as George A. Romero was the director).

So HHN may potentially loophole King again? I have a feeling he won’t be the most receptive to that...

So HHN may potentially loophole King again? I have a feeling he won’t be the most receptive to that...

He'd be a wall, as Stephen King did write the film himself (his first film credit for screenwriting); but that may come down to excusing the fact that he allowed Warner Brothers to expand upon the IT experience into a full on house for Horror Made Here.

Then again, I don't know much about how HMH was developed to begin with; so I'm a bit blind in that regard.

There is no loophole this time:

“As discovered by Zerner Law, Stephen King filed to terminate the transfer of his licenses for the movies, The Dead Zone, Cujo, Children of the Corn, Firestarter, Creepshow and Cat's Eye. The notices were filed on August 31, 2016, which means that he will have the rights to all of those titles back as of September 1, 2018.”

Stephen King Wins Back Rights to Some of His Biggest Horror Titles

There is no loophole this time:

“As discovered by Zerner Law, Stephen King filed to terminate the transfer of his licenses for the movies, The Dead Zone, Cujo, Children of the Corn, Firestarter, Creepshow and Cat's Eye. The notices were filed on August 31, 2016, which means that he will have the rights to all of those titles back as of September 1, 2018.”

Stephen King Wins Back Rights to Some of His Biggest Horror Titles

Ah, so they'd have to go directly this time.

That lowers my thinking of it actually happening, unless Universal found a way to convince them themselves (and I'm not talking directly the A&D).

Ah, so they'd have to go directly this time.

That lowers my thinking of it actually happening, unless Universal found a way to convince them themselves (and I'm not talking directly the A&D).

“So Stephen, I know you don’t like how we went about The Shining, but we want to let you know we really feel bad about it...”

And Larry Zerner played Shelly in Friday the 13th part 3, so he knows him some horror.

Murdy did say he was going to talk to someone he was a huge fan of growing up, if this is to be shared.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mbwf5bLJsL1qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

Creepshow is one of my top 10 horror films of all time and I'd be very excited to see it realized in a house. There's so much to play with as far as striking lighting effects and all time great creature design (Looking at you Fluffy)

IMO, some of the most iconic scenes in 80's horror come from this film and I think it does have a decent enough following to be featured at the event.

Forget "Creepshow".... embrace the horror that made Universal famous back in the 1920s-1940s....

He'd be a wall, as Stephen King did write the film himself (his first film credit for screenwriting); but that may come down to excusing the fact that he allowed Warner Brothers to expand upon the IT experience into a full on house for Horror Made Here.

Then again, I don't know much about how HMH was developed to begin with; so I'm a bit blind in that regard.
In regards to WB... the maze was based on the remake which they own. They didn't expand on anything. The Neibolt House and the IT maze were all theirs, it had nothing to do with Stephen King. Come 2020, IT Chapter 2 will have been out & will come to life at WB for haunt season...

Yep, that works a lot then.

Also, ironically enough, Elegia's Stephen King connection WAS technically correct presuming I am right.

AnX9K8Z.gif

Well the only thing I could put together in regards to Creepshow was the Joe Hill connection but I haven’t seen the movie or read the book so I didn’t know how the other gifs fit them.

There’s, also, the fact that Joseph Hillstrom King (Joe Hill) played Billy as @Robert Bliss mentioned above. How much stake do you think he’d maintain with his son’s only acting credit?

Since someone brought up Joe Hill (Joe King’s pen name), you all need to read some of his work. He is as good, sometimes better, than his daddy. Also, NOS4A2 is coming to AMC this June. So, it may be open game for future HHNs.

Since someone brought up Joe Hill (Joe King’s pen name), you all need to read some of his work. He is as good, sometimes better, than his daddy. Also, NOS4A2 is coming to AMC this June. So, it may be open game for future HHNs.

I'm actually reading NOS4A2 at the moment. Great book that really reminded me if some of his father's best stories.
Looking forward to the show.

Everyone is forgetting (or doesn't know) the Shudder angle...

There's no guarantee the movie is coming.

Irrespective of HHN, I had no idea Shudder were doing a show based on Creepshow. Just looked it up and that is some group of writing talent they have put together for it! Looks great