SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Again? Thoughts?

I'd still like to see Universal purchase the Orlando parks as they'd then easily be "at par" with WDW in terms of marketing (four parks, two water parks, CityWalk, etc).

In actuality I think an ownership by SeaWorld Entertainment and operations/season pass base of Six Flags would also make a lot of sense. As long as someone holds SF to a standard they tend to do good work and lots of people have SF memberships (including myself) who would skip a day at Disney or Universal and use their pass at SWO.

The problem with selling the sea world parks is the whales IMO. Anyone buying them aren't going to want to keep them, but you also can't just release them or sell them to Russia or China. Not sure how you rectify that situation.

The problem with selling the sea world parks is the whales IMO. Anyone buying them aren't going to want to keep them, but you also can't just release them or sell them to Russia or China. Not sure how you rectify that situation.
I think any buyer would have to keep them, and that's just a cost of the purchase. Then just stay on Seaworld's current course of giving the best care you can and don't breed any more.

It's been done already, when SeaWorld Ohio was sold to Six Flags they removed the whales and kept the rest of the animals and exhibits. Either SeaWorld will sell the whales to other, international parks or continue to consolidate the whales to one park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's been done already, when SeaWorld Ohio was sold to Six Flags they removed the whales and kept the rest of the animals and exhibits. Either SeaWorld will sell the whales to other, international parks or continue to consolidate the whales to one park.
Selling to international parks is asking for an even worse PR nightmare.

Reactions: fryoj
Considering the orcas at SW San Diego can not be moved out of the state and no more can enter the state, I'm not sure how that will work (there). The whales aren't going anywhere (until they have all died, which will be decades).

I wish someone like Netflix or amazon would buy the parks. Both of those companies are sinking money into content and need an outlet able to sell their product as a destination experience and they have an easy and giant market to promote it to.

I wish someone like Netflix or amazon would buy the parks. Both of those companies are sinking money into content and need an outlet able to sell their product as a destination experience and they have an easy and giant market to promote it to.

Most Netflix and Amazon properties are not owned fully by Amazon/Netflix...thus making it infeasible.

Considering the orcas at SW San Diego can not be moved out of the state and no more can enter the state, I'm not sure how that will work (there). The whales aren't going anywhere (until they have all died, which will be decades).
The Orcas at SeaWorld San Diego can be moved out of state, but only to another AZA accredited facility in the United States. (So esentially to SeaWorld Orlando or San Antonio.) They cannot be moved back once moved out.

Last edited:
Technically anymore it seems SeaWorld doesn't even want the whales. They are just there until they are not anymore.

Technically anymore it seems SeaWorld doesn't even want the whales. They are just there until they are not anymore.
They've found their footing with some great new additions....Not to mention the success of the Sesame partnership

Its weird because they really aren't doing anything they haven't been doing (wildlife and wild rides)....It seems that people have just started to notice

Yes, but if they were to sell the parks, the whales are still there. A new owner couldn't just drain the tanks and bulldoze them for expansion or to rebrand the park. If someone buys one park, they can probably shift the whales. If they buy all the parks, they have an issue. A new owner isn't going to want to just wait for the whales to die.

Crazy idea. Donate them to PETA and be ready to blast them when they screw it up.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Crazy idea. Donate them to PETA and be ready to blast them when they screw it up.
Would work if there weren't lots of people at SeaWorld who care about the whales and know giving them to activists is highly risky. There would be uproar and resignations by the hundreds from the zoological department.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Would work if there weren't lots of people at SeaWorld who care about the whales and know giving them to activists is highly risky. There would be uproar and resignations by the hundreds from the zoological department.

Oh I agree it's a horrible idea. It was in context of the parks being sold by someone not interested in keeping the animals. In that case, the zoological department is getting sacked anyway.