Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamworks Theater have been let downs and we are afraid Universal ruined a classic attraction. Again... we need to wait but learning that an open space was traded for a room full of screens is kind of a let down

Sooo you'd rather want a film that's now been released on DVD and Netflix, over a customizable and nicely themed multi-use theater?

Reactions: alias8703
They filmed the trailer scene for The Lost World on top of that parking garage, so it’s related!!

But I agree, it wasn’t nearly as immersive as Orlando’s, as far as sightlines are concerned.

Incorrect. It was a parking structure in the back lot according to a Studio tour guide a few years ago.

Did they really?! I had no idea and I feel like I’ve watched every Jurassic bonus feature ever made lol! Do you know if there’s any footage/pics?
The filmed exterior shots day in Hawaii, T-Rex shots in a soundstage, and the dangling trailer wide shots off the side of the parking garage. There’s shots of behind the scenes in the making of documentary I believe.

Incorrect. It was a parking structure in the back lot according to a Studio tour guide a few years ago.
My mistake! Wrong garage then.

Reactions: alias8703
The filmed exterior shots day in Hawaii, T-Rex shots in a soundstage, and the dangling trailer wide shots off the side of the parking garage. There’s shots of behind the scenes in the making of documentary I believe.

My mistake! Wrong garage then.
I’m excited to look for this :eat:

eh.... no. That would never fly... guests ride a dinosaur themed ride to, you know... SEE the dinosaurs. If you had the big dumb aquatic dino just bumping the boat, that'd be very underwhelming... also very confusing without having seen said aquatic dino prior to said boat bumping...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They should've just built a brand new ride based on JW, then fully restored the current ride to its former glory by this company that can conveniently provide them with all new upgraded dinos. They could've even added enhancements. Then we'd have TWO Jurassic themed rides resulting in a new land on the lower lot. JP/JW is a timeless franchise that both terrifies & enchants people of all ages. Universal should be capitalizing on it a lot more rather than just having a newly revamped ride & photo-op area.

Yeaaaaaahh...That was never going to happen.

At least my idea was feasible and cost-effective. Do you think guests are going to love having another screen represent the most iconic Dino in JW?

Yeaaaaaahh...That was never going to happen.

At least my idea was feasible and cost-effective. Do you think guests are going to love having another screen represent the most iconic Dino in JW?
I think most guests are going to just not care. The effect seems to be pretty cool, and the general guest will probably enjoy it.

As long as it’s done well, they won’t care one bit. You really need to let go of the whole screens thing.

Lol Not sure why my personal opinion bothers you so much.

These boards are amusing, it seems only positive thoughts are welcome & any criticism is discouraged.

I still think this will be a great ride, but the reason why I'm disappointed with the Mosasaurus screen is because it was the thing I was most looking forward to in the ride. Of course, I'll wait to ride before I render my final judgement.

Looks like a neat intro scene with what I think is a skeleton, (maybe the Spinosaur from Main Street in the film,) before the mosasaur tank! It’s hidden behind the green tarp.

View attachment 9399

Nice!

Reactions: smoaT and therock
Lol Not sure why my personal opinion bothers you so much.

These boards are amusing, it seems only positive thoughts are welcome & any criticism is discouraged.

I still think this will be a great ride, but the reason why I'm disappointed with the Mosasaurus screen is because it was the thing I was most looking forward to in the ride. Of course, I'll wait to ride before I render my final judgement.

Nice!
I think your opinion bothers people when you only repeat it over and over. Like I understand that it’s not what you expected, and it’s something that you enjoy quite a lot, so it’s understandable. But there’s no need to be so aggressive about it.

Alright. I think we’ve discussed the first Mosasaur screen enough. Let’s move on shall we?
I've tried that. Apparently it's literally the worst thing to ever happen to humans.
Can we all talk about something besides sCrEenZ for a little while, please??
Anyone have any ideas on how the finale involves the Indom and the Rex?

Status
Not open for further replies.