Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indom seems to be on the boat's tail, and just as it seems like the Indom is catching up right next to us...
Boom, surprise T-Rex.
Indom focuses attention on T-Rex and both "charge" towards each other as we drop.
That's my theory.
Oooo, I like that! It's crazy that we don't know if it's the same path as JP or if it goes in different directions and we can only think of the interactions in the context of the original ride. Like, there's an Indom where the second Dilo is, right before you go up the hill, but actually that area doesn't exist anymore. TL:DR, how unrecognizable will the trek be.

I think the attempts to shoehorn another villain into the ride will turn out awful and confusing. They should have kept the original ride and just performed maintenance on it. I am not excited for the new ride.

When Tower of Terror closed everyone kept saying "just wait and see before judging", but that was completely ruined. I am worried they are ruining another classic.

Don't mistake Jurassic Park's lack of maintenance and updates for the ride needing to be completely redone. Maintaining the AAs or putting in better AAs over the years would have been sufficient.

Sad to see ET, Back to the Future, and now Jurassic Park gone. The park is losing its history more and more as the years go on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too excited about multiple Indo AAs. We are getting the Indo AA at the finale, anything beyond that is probably going to be screens.

There's also very little evidence they've adjust the actual track layout. That would be a much bigger overhaul I would think.

I think the attempts to shoehorn another villain into the ride will turn out awful and confusing. They should have kept the original ride and just performed maintenance on it. I am not excited for the new ride.

When Tower of Terror closed everyone kept saying "just wait and see before judging", but that was completely ruined. I am worried they are ruining another classic.

Don't mistake Jurassic Park's lack of maintenance and updates for the ride needing to be completely redone. Maintaining the AAs or putting in better AAs over the years would have been sufficient.

Sad to see ET, Back to the Future, and now Jurassic Park gone. The park is losing its history more and more as the years go on.
You do realize that ET, Back to the Future and Jurassic all between 25 and 35 years old right? In order to continue to be relevant and turn a profit you have to appeal to people under 30.
Also, as far as losing its history, you *have* been on the tram tour, right??

To be fair, Guardians is now one of the most popular rides at DCA and it's an improvement over the California TOT in my opinion. BUT... if they ever retheme TOT in Orlando I'll go down there and chain myself to the fence...

I miss BTTF and I miss ET but there simply isn't the space in USH to keep all the older rides I like. At least this is still Jurassic, and I'm excited to see what they do with the new tech that is available now compared to the 90's.

The updates to the exterior of the ride are certainly looking promising - they are putting serious money into this.

You do realize that ET, Back to the Future and Jurassic all between 25 and 35 years old right? In order to continue to be relevant and turn a profit you have to appeal to people under 30.
Also, as far as losing its history, you *have* been on the tram tour, right??

Yeah because keeping 'old' rides doesn't work at all (looking to Disneyland) and no one under 30 rides them.... Oh wait... It does and they do ;)
I think USH just doesn't have the space to keep the classics sadly.

To be fair, Guardians is now one of the most popular rides at DCA and it's an improvement over the California TOT in my opinion. BUT... if they ever retheme TOT in Orlando I'll go down there and chain myself to the fence...

I miss BTTF and I miss ET but there simply isn't the space in USH to keep all the older rides I like. At least this is still Jurassic, and I'm excited to see what they do with the new tech that is available now compared to the 90's.

The updates to the exterior of the ride are certainly looking promising - they are putting serious money into this.

Yeah because keeping 'old' rides doesn't work at all (looking to Disneyland) and no one under 30 rides them.... Oh wait... It does and they do ;)
I think USH just doesn't have the space to keep the classics sadly.
Yeah, Disneyland has way more room to keep old rides and build new ones. ET, BTTF and Jurassic are about half the rides at USH

Geez we are already coming up on May and still no opening date announcement, this is looking like an August opening.

hi, newbie to all of this discussion. so like, what's the supposed ride layout for this? sorry if that's a dumb question.

hi, newbie to all of this discussion. so like, what's the supposed ride layout for this? sorry if that's a dumb question.
Ride layout will be the same as the original JP:TR. However, we're thinking there may be a few changes to the ride system itself (boat being bumped by mosasaur, e.t.c. More info on this can be found just above...)

All in all,

I really dont think Uni will drop the ball on this one. I think I they're really trying to do it justice. Remember when the dinosaurs were slowly disappearing and we had a theory that they were starting work early.
If that's the case, it looks to me they really care about getting it right.

Regardless, I think this overhaul was the only way to go about it. Being that these AAs are exposed to elements, making the ride indoors is the only real solution.
Look at the difference in fluidity of the T Rex opposed to the Dilos. They are exposed to wet enviornments AND the sun. Not a good combination.

Lastly, the time they have taken on this refurb is enough to get some serious work done

Inb4 someone else whines about it. They seem to be really going all in on the theming of the area and the ride itself. This wasn't some cheap projext unlike a certain ride upstairs owned by fox .

Regardless, I think this overhaul was the only way to go about it. Being that these AAs are exposed to elements, making the ride indoors is the only real solution.
Do we actually think the new enclosed portion has AAs? Gotta imagine if they are any, they're small. And if there isn't any AAs, get ready for Jurassic World Supercharged.
Sorry, don't mean to be doom-n-gloom. I've been immensely worried about Uni mucking a former great ride up, and the closer we get to opening day the more worried I get. :lol:

It is unreal how much jumping the gun is going on here.... Jurassic World is Universals cash cow now, its their only longevity franchise that isnt directly kid related. They aren't going to screw this up and "supercharge" us. WE have to look at this ride without the Nostalgia goggles. NOTHING worked like it did when the ride first opened. Everything was slow or barely functioning beside the floating T-rex before the ride closed, and even that had issues. Ultrasaur lagoon was pretty, but god were the animatronics terrible. It was time. This is all coming from a gigantic JP fan. But I digress this is the internet, if theres no complaining or jumping to conclusions, is it really the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.