Avengers: Endgame (2019) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Cinemark is basically a 48-hour thing. Last show Thursday is 5:30am. First show Friday is 6am !!@

Twitter reactions are in, and they're overwhelmingly positive. Have not seen a single bad or okay review so far. Most say it's the best ending the MCU could have ever hoped for.

Full reviews will be in at 3:00.

Twitter reactions are in, and they're overwhelmingly positive. Have not seen a single bad or okay review so far. Most say it's the best ending the MCU could have ever hoped for.

Full reviews will be in at 3:00.

I've seen a few more centered around just a mediocre 2 hours, but yeah; it's sounding great.

Probably going to now just step away from this thread until Friday, so this should be fun.

Last edited:
Apparently someone who attended the premier leaked the plot to reddit, and it has been corroborated by other people. I won’t spoil it, but fan reactions are not positive.

Apparently someone who attended the premier leaked the plot to reddit, and it has been corroborated by other people. I won’t spoil it, but fan reactions are not positive.

Is it that "Captain America goes back in time and marries Peggy" leak from a couple of days back? If so, I get why fans are angry, but it's the best send off to his character.

I'm a sucker for spoilers, and let's just say, if all those leaks are true, I will be happy. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh
Quick thoughts on Endgame (keeping things vague for spoiler reasons, but obviously don't read if you want to know NOTHING about the film)

I had very few issues with the plot, a couple of minor things are explained very quickly or not at all, but there was already so much ground to cover I think that is inevitable.

There is one part that is REALLY going to rile up the fanboys who hated Star Wars because of things like 'female empowerment,' so look forward to countless YouTube videos on that.

My only real gripe is, the film takes a couple of characters in a really odd direction which I didn't care for. I can't say too much without spoiling things, but I felt that two significant characters in particular were either glorified background dressing in one case, and verging on ruining a popular character with the other.
Opinions may vary on this, I think a lot of it will come down to who your favourite characters are. I was unfortunate in that my personal favourites happen to be who I am referring to!

Overall I think most people will consider it a satisfying conclusion to what we have seen over the past 11 years. I think IW was the better overall movie. I would give that a 9/10 and Endgame gets around an 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Freak and Dhdhddh
Alright guys, I’m off the boards until I see this Sunday night. This thread is getting a little spoilerly now. I’ll see you guys again and when I do, I can’t wait to share my thoughts (In spoiler tags of course).

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Make sure from here on out to put all reviews in spoiler tags. Remember that some things that you may consider to be spoiler-free, others will want to steer clear of until they see the film. Now obviously it's dangerous to be in this thread if you haven't seen the film yet, but you also have those that may accidentally click here, too.

In other words, let's respect the wishes of the Russo Brothers:

Last edited:
Make sure from here on out to put all reviews in spoiler tags. Remember that some things that you may consider to be spoiler-free, others will want to steer clear of until they see the film.

Now obviously it's dangerous to be in this thread if you haven't seen the film yet, but you also have those that may accidentally click here, too.

Sorry, should have thought of that before posting. Is there a way to go back and spoiler tag my post in an edit? If not I will remove it.

Edit: Thank you!

Reactions: Nick
Wasn't really singling you out @Spaulding, but with us getting so close, I figure it was worth reiterating. Obviously you guys can talk about the movie, but i'd say the best rule of thumb is that if you think that there's any doubt in your mind on what you're writing could be considered a spoiler, just put it in the tags for now. Obviously the best course of action if you want to go in absolutely blind though is to get out of this thread until you see it just in case.

Oh, and as for memes: Those can get spoilery too so i'd say for the first week or two, try to limit usage of them in the thread or if you do use them, use them in spoiler tags.

Reactions: SeventyOne
No doubt my last post here before I watch it.

How essential do you think it is, that I watch Captain Marvel?

I've been trying to catch up for the past few weeks and finished Ant-Man and the Wasp last night. There's a showing tonight for Captain Marvel but I'm swamped at work and if I can avoid seeing it, I will.