Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah tbh, the only details i know about this ride was from this vid xd i just wanna know if like most of this is correct

It is unreal how much jumping the gun is going on here.... Jurassic World is Universals cash cow now, its their only longevity franchise that isnt directly kid related. They aren't going to screw this up and "supercharge" us. WE have to look at this ride without the Nostalgia goggles. NOTHING worked like it did when the ride first opened. Everything was slow or barely functioning beside the floating T-rex before the ride closed, and even that had issues. Ultrasaur lagoon was pretty, but god were the animatronics terrible. It was time. This is all coming from a gigantic JP fan. But I digress this is the internet, if theres no complaining or jumping to conclusions, is it really the internet?
Despicable Me is also a Universal cash cow and just take a look at the poor ride system and video it uses.

Reactions: smoaT
Despicable Me is also a Universal cash cow and just take a look at the poor ride system and video it uses.
Not the same situation when JP/JW has made universal a total of around 5 billion World wide unadjusted vs. 3.8 billion unadjusted for DM. That number only expands in JP's favor if you adjust JP TLW and JP3 for inflation. Also, how expansive do you want the ride system for DM to be when basically of of its characters look the same and universal having very little land to work with on the upper lot? Were talking about a legacy franchise not a kids movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriefCasey
Everything was slow or barely functioning beside the floating T-rex before the ride closed, and even that had issues. Ultrasaur lagoon was pretty, but god were the animatronics terrible. It was time.
So replacing said broken animatronics with screens rather than newer, better animatronics is your idea of a good fix? Not saying I know what the changes will be in total, but it's looking to be a lot of the Universal standard as of late.

Reactions: smoaT and SOCAL110
I think I'm most interested in what's being renovated around the Raptor Containment section of the ride.

Will that be updated to resemble the I-Rex paddock? Or where Owen trained the Raptors?
At this point in the franchise the original Raptor Cage from the first film is super dated.

This feels like one of the bigger referb areas we know nothing about yet.

We at least know they probably ripped out the Falling Car as fast as they could haha

I think I'm most interested in what's being renovated around the Raptor Containment section of the ride.

Will that be updated to resemble the I-Rex paddock? Or where Owen trained the Raptors?
At this point in the franchise the original Raptor Cage from the first film is super dated.

This feels like one of the bigger referb areas we know nothing about yet.

We at least know they probably ripped out the Falling Car as fast as they could haha

Im interested to see what will become of Raptor containment as well.
Is this section enclosed as well or do we not know? This area is fairly spacious. A lot can be done.
It'd be really cool to see something fall in the jeep section again. Do you think they will build a new mechanism or try something different?
I've always felt like this section of the ride is a little too "peaceful" for Raptors having escaped. I remember a long section of silence and IF the Dilos worked, you'd hear thier growls but that was about it.
I'm hoping we can get part of the score to play in this part and maybe an Indo AA stalking us.

Im interested to see what will become of Raptor containment as well.
Is this section enclosed as well or do we not know? This area is fairly spacious. A lot can be done.
It'd be really cool to see something fall in the jeep section again. Do you think they will build a new mechanism or try something different?
I've always felt like this section of the ride is a little too "peaceful" for Raptors having escaped. I remember a long section of silence and IF the Dilos worked, you'd hear thier growls but that was about it.
I'm hoping we can get part of the score to play in this part and maybe an Indo AA stalking us.
I'm wondering how much of the movie will be integrated into the ride. Will they try to recreate scenes (like with the jeep falling from the first movie)? Maybe they somehow put in a Gyrosphere or the head and neck of an attacked Apatosaurus. If they can figure out the Dimorphodons, that would be crazy!

What makes me curious, is that as @Joe did somewhat mention on another thread; this seems to be the first major project being done by not the Orlando UC team, but instead Hollywood's.

As much as we do need to be concerned, I do have to think; that it may be a good idea to give the newer team the benefit of the doubt.

I'm wondering how much of the movie will be integrated into the ride. Will they try to recreate scenes (like with the jeep falling from the first movie)? Maybe they somehow put in a Gyrosphere or the head and neck of an attacked Apatosaurus. If they can figure out the Dimorphodons, that would be crazy!

Little of Column A & little of Column B, from what it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin McCane
What makes me curious, is that as @Joe did somewhat mention on another thread; this seems to be the first major project being done by not the Orlando UC team, but instead Hollywood's.

As much as we do need to be concerned, I do have to think; that it may be a good idea to give the newer team the benefit of the doubt.
So VR coaster? ;-)

Respectfully speaking, its not entirely dead if there are still people posting thoughts about it. Plus, its the most recent news we've seen about the attraction and this is the Jurassic World: The Ride thread.

That’s not the point. We know where people stand, and it’s one quick scene from a commercial. It’s been dissected enough. There’s nothing more constructive about the convo that can be added then what’s been already stated countless times - in this thread, or any other screen debate.

Reactions: Kevin McCane
I don’t see why anyone thinks they’d reply all the outdoor Dino’s with screens? It wouldn’t even work. I

guarantee they enclosed the first part to fix sight lines, and include one of the coolest Dino’s from the new movies. The rest is outdoors and full of Dino’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.