Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

What is part of the reason MMRR was pushed back? WDW has plenty opening in 2020; they don’t need MMRR to prop it up. :lol:

More in, DHS is getting something to calm people away from GE after it opens; more-or-less..

Right. From what I've heard this week, things are bustin' a move inside. It's not like work isn't being done. If there's a delay, I bet it's a strategic one.

Yup, a choice to ensure that things can be nice for the 2020 season, and gets people to the parks as Disney opens multiple new rides across two of their parks.

__

If it is delayed until 2020, why don't they just turn the back part of the UCM into a meet and greet with the classic monsters, away to make more money and draw people to the store and buy some stuff. I loved when I was out in Uni Hollywood and got my pic taken with Dracula, Frankenstein. Just my 2cents I guess.

If it is delayed until 2020, why don't they just turn the back part of the UCM into a meet and greet with the classic monsters, away to make more money and draw people to the store and buy some stuff. I loved when I was out in Uni Hollywood and got my pic taken with Dracula, Frankenstein. Just my 2cents I guess.

I'm going to sound like an idiot (which I do, usually); but I am guessing they can't block the exit doors due to safety, and if they wanted too; they may not have the costumes on supply as of now.

3 year turn around... this show better be great

Action Horizons hasn't proven me wrong (assuming they are on-board (which, they should be)); as it does seem like they want to do something..unique.

Now, that I would believe. I said last summer, that what some insiders were hearing about this show may be too close in concept to F&F for it to to succeed. Hopefully they make it different enough, and entertaining enough, to differentiate it from that terrible attraction (F&F).

Really? I thought people were looking forward to this one even if it is Bourne IP. If it is close to F&F then that would be bad.

It's TPU, so you know, get the salt shaker ready to pour but he says Bourne has been delayed til summer 2020: TPU Exclusive: Universal Orlando Tentative Future Project Timeline Through 2023 - Theme Park University
At the pace this has seemed to be going, I wouldn't be surprised. We've heard literally nothing from Universal since T2 closed in 2017.

That's also apparently part of the reason why Runaway Railway was pushed so far back as well.
Disney has Ratatouille next year though. Or at least they are supposed to unless it got pushed all the way back to 2021, but I find it hard to believe it got pushed that far back. Late Summe/Fall I can see, but not 2021.

3 year turn around... this show better be great
The worst part is that it probably could've been done in 6-9 months tops. From all reports, once they closed this thing originally, they just let it sit there with little to no work going on for quite awhile.

Now, that I would believe. I said last summer, that what some insiders were hearing about this show may be too close in concept to F&F for it to to succeed. Hopefully they make it different enough, and entertaining enough, to differentiate it from that terrible attraction (F&F).
I believe @Legacy meant they don't want another new attraction to bomb with guests like F&F, not that it's too similar to F&F.

Last edited:
Disney has Ratatouille next year though. Or at least they are supposed to unless it got pushed all the way back to 2021, but I find it hard to believe it got pushed that far back. Late Summe/Fall I can see, but not 2021.

I know, hardly the thread, but I think Ratatouille is supposed to open around Food and Wine next year with Runaway Railway essentially being the new thing to advertise for the summer. (opening in early Spring of course)

At the pace this has seemed to be going, I wouldn't be surprised. We've heard literally nothing from Universal since T2 closed in 2017.

The worst part is that it probably could've been done in 6-9 months tops. From all reports, once they closed this thing originally, they just let it sit there with little to no work going on for quite awhile.

I believe @Legacy meant they don't want another new attraction to bomb with guests like F&F, not that it's too similar to F&F.
Yes, I understood. . I was going on the info I heard privately from 2 insiders early last summer. Seemingly there were uncanny early show concept similarities to F&F two pre shows ....I've been pretty consistent in saying, and/or joking, this wasn't going to open for a good while. Evidently, they didn't like what they initially had, or at least that's the way it's looking. Heh, I'm all for them taking long enough to develop a good fun entertaining show that looks nothing like any F&F themes. Being of a similar genre, they may need to work harder to make it look completely different...:thumbsup: I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:
Yup, a choice to ensure that things can be nice for the 2020 season, and gets people to the parks as Disney opens multiple new rides across two of their parks.

You think a Bourne Stunt show is going to draw people over to the Universal parks?

I don’t know if there is a laughing emoji fitting enough for that...

Look, it might be really solid, and I hope it is. But it will not be a draw. They’ll have to rely on Hagrid's and the tried and true entirety of Potter, as well as Volcano Bay, for that. Thinking Bourne will make a dent is above and beyond wishful thinking.

It's TPU, so you know, get the salt shaker ready to pour but he says Bourne has been delayed til summer 2020: TPU Exclusive: Universal Orlando Tentative Future Project Timeline Through 2023 - Theme Park University

Slightly off topic, but this article is extremely frustrating. If it's an accurate depiction of Universal's decision-making with respect to its Orlando parks, I can't help but question the wisdom of those in charge.

The decision to move Nintendo from USF to the third park really seems to have torpedoed/hamstrung/crippled their ability to commit to projects for that park.

Slightly off topic, but this article is extremely frustrating. If it's an accurate depiction of Universal's decision-making with respect to its Orlando parks, I can't help but question the wisdom of those in charge.

The decision to move Nintendo from USF to the third park really seems to have torpedoed/hamstrung/crippled their ability to commit to projects for that park.

I don't think they have much actual info otherwise we'd have more explanations and background. This rubs me as being a distillation of information available here and other places. Note they don't talk about the DreamWorks theater at all or the new Potter nighttime show.

I don't think they have much actual info otherwise we'd have more explanations and background. This rubs me as being a distillation of information available here and other places. Note they don't talk about the DreamWorks theater at all or the new Potter nighttime show.
Wait, they did mention Dark Arts.

"Unfortunately, this will be the only major attraction to open in 2019. Aside from temporary/seasonal enhancements (like the Dark Arts projection show on Hogwarts Castle). While you may know of construction going on over at Universal Studios Florida, that won’t open until 2020."

Wait, they did mention Dark Arts.

"Unfortunately, this will be the only major attraction to open in 2019. Aside from temporary/seasonal enhancements (like the Dark Arts projection show on Hogwarts Castle). While you may know of construction going on over at Universal Studios Florida, that won’t open until 2020."

D'oh. Missed it.

I’ll quote what I said to someone with the company today:

“Universal is so regional.”

They didn’t argue.