Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 569 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right i just dont understand why this coaster with "light theming" will take this long??:eek:O: unless its just a difficult area to build in or something idk.
Based on how it was described to me, it definitely seems like a difficult area to work with. It doesn't have the advantage of being on the edge of the park, meaning that materials have to be brought in after park close, and it seems like they have/had issues with it being right on the water. However, with how far along they are at this point, I don't see this opening after 2020.

I find it hard to believe that this is a 2021 addition. It's barely May of 2019, and they're already pouring footers. Most coasters are only a 7-9 month build once the footers start going in - so unless this thing is going to have some crazy theming/show scenes on par with Hagrid I don't see how it's going to take another 24 months to complete. If it does, it'll be a longer build than Hagrid, and they had to demolish two whole roller coasters before they started building that.

Just sharing what I'm told.

How in the world could this attraction possibly take another 2 full years? And more importantly, why would Universal want an ugly construction site at the center of their park for that long?

Makes absolutely no sense to me. Sounds like something Disney would pull, rather than the company that got Transformers open in 12 months.

How in the world could this attraction possibly take another 2 full years? And more importantly, why would Universal want an ugly construction site at the center of their park for that long?

Makes absolutely no sense to me. Sounds like something Disney would pull rather than the company that got Transformers open in 12 months.

Transformers took longer than 12 months.

Transformers took longer than 12 months.

Barely. First permit was filed on June 11th, 2012. Walls went up June 16th, 2012. Ride officially opened June 20th, 2013. If you count softs, it technically took less than a year - those began May 30th, 2013.

Like someone else pointed out though, that was different times/different circumstances. But still, it was a massive construction project in the center of the park - way less accessible than the JP plot.

I mean, They did have the luxury of it being a flat plot (that would've been dug into), with easy enough access points to move heavy equipment at a more fast pace. And in a way, you are dealing with land that in a few areas; has been vacant and likely dormant (without much aid and assist) for nearly 10+ years (Even more, depending) for the JP project.

You also have to deal with the Bridge first, and while footers may be able to be poured more easily, they have to get that done before anything else due to the summer rush.

__

To another topic, with the indication of Universal Orlando holding off JW: The Ride (the River Adventure Revamp); we need to then watch and see how the crowds of Hollywood react to the UC Western Creation.

Reactions: natespf
Like someone else pointed out though, that was different times/different circumstances. But still, it was a massive construction project in the center of the park - way less accessible than the JP plot.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. The Studio paths allowed a straight shot from backstage, and primary staging, to move materials in. JP is far more complicated to get to, unless the bring everything in under the bridge (which has its own hurdles).

I don’t necessarily agree with this. The Studio paths allowed a straight shot from backstage, and primary staging, to move materials in. JP is far more complicated to get to, unless the bring everything in under the bridge (which has its own hurdles).

The only point of access right now also, is the backstage road in-between Ripsaw and Kong, and that for the time being; they have to also handle land clearings for the trees and land prepping that site for the footers (which could take a few months, depending on the shape of the terrain as it stands now).

I feel like we're getting off topic here, but the JP plot has a straight shot in from the Toon/Kong gate that only briefly crosses one path to get backstage and into the construction site.

For Transformers, they were driving dump trucks through the park, during daytime operation, up South Street and out the Beetlejuice gate.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I’m curious as to how much of this they’ll build from a barge in the water. That bridge between LC and SL is a draw bridge, they can fit some large equipment through there.

Reactions: Alicia
The only reason that could take so long is if they've ordained that they want it to open in 2021 for marketing purposes. And, that's something they'd do in their present regional park mindset. I don't buy any of that other stuff.

Probably cause theres no contractors and/or they are intentionally putting it off so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the other thing they are opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.