Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everything he said was pick and choose from other videos I've watched. That was laughable.

I don't know the ride-layout, I don't know exactly what's in the ride. and I don't want to know. But that video sounded like a lot of guess work to me.
yeah same here. i mean, why would the indominus appear at the END, when it was like the biggest threat of the first film.

Talk about off-the-cuff dreamy dreams!

“And like, um, and yeah there is, well there was... but yeah, we’ll have to wait, like.”

Truly unbearable. I appreciate him going to the park and getting construction footage but someone needs to sit him down and explain some things to him. What boggles my mind is he will shoot "multiple takes" of the same thing and not edit the bad takes out. He mumbles and stumbles and doesn't cut any of it out which is so easy to do with VO. If he HAS to talk over the footage live then if you mess up start over, its not like this is blink and you'll miss it construction. oh man. So aggravating.
Also no one needs a 20 min video of you mumbling and guessing and just shootin the poop. Write it out, condense it, edit it. There was no reason he couldn't have said all he needed to in 5 mins.

Can you tell I was pulling my hair out? loool

Truly unbearable. I appreciate him going to the park and getting construction footage but someone needs to sit him down and explain some things to him. What boggles my mind is he will shoot "multiple takes" of the same thing and not edit the bad takes out. He mumbles and stumbles and doesn't cut any of it out which is so easy to do with VO. If he HAS to talk over the footage live then if you mess up start over, its not like this is blink and you'll miss it construction. oh man. So aggravating.
Also no one needs a 20 min video of you mumbling and guessing and just shootin the poop. Write it out, condense it, edit it. There was no reason he couldn't have said all he needed to in 5 mins.

I'm actually a sub of his channel, but found that video cringeworthy. I appreciate his updates, but he can definitely work on his narration.

Reactions: thewicked

I lasted about one minute after I lost count of how many times he asked you to subscribe to his channel.

I really enjoy JP's videos. He loves the park and it shows. His biggest problem is that he also throws up this "insider" act which I think he should drop. When he talks about things he knows about, he's much more articulate. When he starts to act like an established insider he gets all mumbly and uncertain sounding.

eh.... no. That would never fly... guests ride a dinosaur themed ride to, you know... SEE the dinosaurs. If you had the big dumb aquatic dino just bumping the boat, that'd be very underwhelming... also very confusing without having seen said aquatic dino prior to said boat bumping...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They should've just built a brand new ride based on JW, then fully restored the current ride to its former glory by this company that can conveniently provide them with all new upgraded dinos. They could've even added enhancements. Then we'd have TWO Jurassic themed rides resulting in a new land on the lower lot. JP/JW is a timeless franchise that both terrifies & enchants people of all ages. Universal should be capitalizing on it a lot more rather than just having a newly revamped ride & photo-op area.
Interesting take. I would rally behind on that. I totally agree that they should have restored JP to it's former glory with new state of the art AAs and more foliage.

This isn't a major refurb of the ride that already existed though. This is a complete re-theme and re-imagining. I did NOT want them to just replace the mostly non functional animatronics with the same thing, just new. So many people here get so heated/annoyed/upset when things change but this needed changing and not just replacing. I have nostalgia as well, but I don't let my nostalgia ruin anything and everything new just because they replace something. Anyone saying that that first scene was completely immersive and incredible is kidding themselves at least partially. It was broken animatronics and insanely obstructed views, and was a mostly boring scene because of that. All I ever saw was the parking structure/super silly fun land. That would be like me being upset that they removed the falling jeep that literally never functioned anymore just because it was there originally.
that argument is kind of invalid to me. Disney parks are the gold standard for theme parks and they keep their classics even if they could use the space to replace them with new attractions. Yes, over the years they have completely replaced rides for new ones, refurbed some others, but at it's core, Disney keeps and tweaks a bit its classic rides. I mean, there are 62 year old rides at Disneyland running almost as they opened, the difference is that Disneyland actually upkept those rides. They have updated some, but in a very subtle classy way. Peter Pan's Flight looks better than ever and they just added some updates here and there. It's not hating change, is that Uni doesn't seem to have an identity of its own and a park that is blamed for not having a lot to do, takes its loved, classic rides and refurbishes them when no one asked them to do that. We still miss greatly Back to The Future and ET because they got replaced with subpar offerings (well, I like Revenge of The Mummy a lot, but if they could have kept ET we would all be very happy). More to the point is the recent wave of refurbs that Uni has undertaken that really have left a bad taste. The Jimmy Fallon ride is just an uninspired idea, the debacle of the Fast and Furious and King Kong "rides" in Orlando, Dreamworks Theater make me cautious. Heck, even Gringotts got some hate because to many it was a step back from the truly groundbreaking Forbidden Journey. So, in summary, it's not that I am afraid of change, but that Uni is so inconsistent with said changes. For every Forbidden Journey we get so many half cooked rides. So yes I am very afraid of what's coming for JW. And no one can say my fears are unfounded. Again, we won't know for sure until the ride opens, but screens are not loved, more so when you had an open space with AAs that could have been easily upgraded to make it work better. Time will tell if Uni got it wrong

While I've never been to USF or IOA I'm gonna have to disagree with Dreamworks Theater being a letdown. In my opinion I thought it had the best use of projection mapping I've seen in a while, both in the preshow and in the final scenes of the attraction. If they could do something like that, then I'm certain they could enhance the scenes inside the final building with projection mapping.

Also, as great as the opening scene of the original was, the sightlines of the upper lot stuck out like a sore thumb, so I think the coverage of that sight line via a show building was for the better. Besides, I think the rest of the ride is still gonna be good, since I don't think Universal would want to give away the good bits of the ride before it even opens.
I agree with the fact that Dreamworks Theater is a huge upgrade from Shrek, but the fact that it is still a theater with a 3D movie that's not even as technologically advanced as a 4DX Theater I have 15 min away from where I live is a bit of a letdown. Yeah proyections are kind of cool, but still, a 3D movie. The 4DX theater I have close from home totally lifts the chairs up so your feet are not touching the ground, has scents, fans, strobe lights, effects on the back of the chairs, water effects, mist, and so many other things that I am amazed Universal didn't go that route. I was fortunate enough to watch Jurassic Park 3D at that theater close home, and I can tell you it was a total blast. Dreamworks Theater is gorgeous though. They truly made an amazing building

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo you'd rather want a film that's now been released on DVD and Netflix, over a customizable and nicely themed multi-use theater?
No. I did not like the Shrek "attraction" one bit. I was not talking about Shrek being a classic ride and being replaced by Dreamworks Theater. Believe me, I think Dreamworks Theater is a huge upgrade from Shrek. I do not miss Shrek at all. All I'm saying is that we got more or less the same attraction albeit in a gorgeous building and with projection mapping. I don't care if I miss that attraction whenever I go, not because I think it's a kiddie ride (I gladly ride Disneyland's Fantasyland rides) but because it's not a very compelling attraction for me, and there are 4DX theaters with better technology than that one (minus the projection mapping)

Remember that it's much harder to maintain AAs when they're constantly exposed to the elements.
I wonder why this keeps popping up. Comcast is a multibillion corporation. Disneyland also has AAs exposed to the elements and they seem to upkeep them very well. Why can't Uni?

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize that ET, Back to the Future and Jurassic all between 25 and 35 years old right? In order to continue to be relevant and turn a profit you have to appeal to people under 30.
Also, as far as losing its history, you *have* been on the tram tour, right??
Dude... Disneyland has 62 year old rides. What are you talking about?

It is unreal how much jumping the gun is going on here.... Jurassic World is Universals cash cow now, its their only longevity franchise that isnt directly kid related. They aren't going to screw this up and "supercharge" us. WE have to look at this ride without the Nostalgia goggles. NOTHING worked like it did when the ride first opened. Everything was slow or barely functioning beside the floating T-rex before the ride closed, and even that had issues. Ultrasaur lagoon was pretty, but god were the animatronics terrible. It was time. This is all coming from a gigantic JP fan. But I digress this is the internet, if theres no complaining or jumping to conclusions, is it really the internet?
Well we are all jumping to conclusions because the ones that are worried about the ride are jumping to conclusions, so are the ones that say that they ride will be great and fine. We share opinions with the info we have available and we make predictions. And I still don't understand why people cut slack to Comcast about upkeeping their AAs. Disneyland has AAs outside and they upkeep them. Is like cutting slack to Six Flags about it being dirty all the time

Dude... Disneyland has 62 year old rides. What are you talking about?

Ah, the Apples/Oranges debate, how fuuuun.

Once again, I would highly suggest just editing out your posts and not multi-posting.. :eek:O:

__

To post something that's contributing to JW, I have to wonder what the name will be for the cafe. Because as it seems so-far, Jurassic Outfitters is staying in the name (but is changing in appearance). It also leads me to hope of the new and exciting food options that they're making for the dining option (alongside potential alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink options).

Status
Not open for further replies.