Avengers: Endgame (2019) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that last battle versus Thanos was the greatest thing I've ever watched in my entire life. I think I wanna watch this movie 100 more times. I don't really understand all the hate for this movie (specifically the first 2 acts) I was entertained the entire time.

Where's all this hate that you speak of? I've only seen one person who didn't like it (Irish Times, which also spoiled the movie in their review -_-)

Reactions: Coasted
This was the best experience I’ve ever had in a movie theater. Spent the majority of the movie with my jaw wide open. (Although I am upset I can not see this again until next weekend since there is nothing available in my area except front row seats.)

My brain is still processing, so allow me to echo a comment from @quinnmac000 that was apparent with a family member that I gage with on their enjoyment, as they do think that this is their stopping point going forward.

Gonna have to see it again, but this is a film that does need to be seen in a big screen.

And here I am, the exact opposite. This has just made me more excited to see what the future of the MCU has in store. I have complete faith in Kevin Feige. If he was able to construct this fantastic 22-film story, I have no doubt he can continue to do so with different characters.

Absolutely loved the film. The final hour of this film is one of the coolest things I have ever seen put to film. Goosebumps.

Also..

Did y'all catch the Howard the Duck cameo? It's blink and you'll miss it, but he's there in the final battle.

Reactions: JMalez and Dhdhddh
Even with certain flaws, it truly was the perfect way to wrap up the Infinity Saga.

The last act of the film was f'n amazeballs. I loved all the callbacks, the nods, the answers. It truly was the culmination of all the films.

and...

When I was up later last night, my feelings were that the first half were..weaker than I expected, but the second was pure ecstasy.

Honestly, I'm thinking more and more; and the more that I do, the more I do love this film. It feels like a great end, and while I do have some..qualms, particularly with one thing, it's one of the best in the MCU.
The finale itself, was one of the best moments in film history; for what it does.__

You both summed up my views perfectly. It was epic and a very satisfying end to the 22 film story arc.

The fact they managed to cram so many characters into this and not make it feel bloated (looking at you Spider-Man 3) is truly amazing.

AND... on a non spoiler level, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, there is a perfect opportunity for a restroom break around 1 hour 40 into it and it won't cause you to miss anything crucial!

So I am glad the Captain marvel was not used as the reason they won. When she showed up at the end of the movie I was scared for a second lol. Im glad iron man finished what he started. I was satified with the ending and it did not leave any loose ends. Iron man sacrificed himself for the universe, captain america got to live his life the way he should have, Thor living his best life.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
One thing that I'm wondering about...

I don't think it was a mistake that Marvel left Loki ignored after he gets the Tesseract. Besides his spinoff show, this may be something that ties into Phase 4.
. I’m not a fan of Disney’s little “+” shows..... or the streaming service in general....I didn’t even watch shield because anything important should happen in the movies. So I hope it’s the latter.

. I’m not a fan of Disney’s little “+” shows..... or the streaming service in general....I didn’t even watch shield because anything important should happen in the movies. So I hope it’s the latter.

The + movies will only serve as context. Basically, prologues or "The Further Adventures of" - which I'm fine with. I think in Loki's case, it's an alternate timeline since now he doesn't have the character arc of Dark World and Ragnarok - but he still loses the stone at some point to Thanos since the snap still happened; but the major implications of the skew will be seen in the Phase 4 movies.

Overall I enjoyed it for what it was.
only gripe is that they handled the time travel so well until cap goes back. He would have technically spend his life with alternate universe peggy so how does he end up back in our universe? Unless alternate pimm sends him back.

It isn't alternate universe Peggy. It's same timeline Peggy. He didn't go back and affect his past - he just lived in it. Basically, the MCU timeline as we know it happened, and at the Endgame, he circled back and did it again - meaning Avengers, Winter Soldier, Civil War, all that still happened. Loki is the only one that skewed off from the timeline, but we know the timelines eventually meet since Thanos gets the Stone eventually; but the skew can impact the current timline's Universe.

Last edited:
The + movies will only serve as context. Basically, prologues or "The Further Adventures of" - which I'm fine with. I think in Loki's case, it's an alternate timeline since now he doesn't have the character arc of Dark World and Ragnarok - but he still loses the stone at some point to Thanos since the snap still happened; but the major implications of the skew will be seen in the Phase 4 movies.

It isn't alternate universe Peggy. It's same timeline Peggy. He didn't go back and affect his past - he just lived in it. Basically, the MCU timeline as we know it happened, and at the Endgame, he circled back and did it again - meaning Avengers, Winter Solider, Civil War, all that still happened. Loki is the only one that skewed off from the timeline, but we know the timelines eventually meet since Thanos gets the Stone eventually; but the skew can impact the current timline's Universe.

but there still is another captain in his timeline...thats the issue. He went back to spend it with Peggy while another Captain America is still frozen.

Reactions: Andysol
but there still is another captain in his timeline...thats the issue. He went back to spend it with Peggy while another Captain America is still frozen.

And? He doesn't get thawed until 2012, leaving Steve Rogers to live as the sole Steve Rogers (and I'm sure he's living a very quiet life to avoid any suspicions). By the time the Avengers first get together, he's already a 100-year-old man and not entering any damn fight.

Reactions: Andysol and youhow2
And? He doesn't get thawed until 2012, leaving Steve Rogers to live as the sole Steve Rogers (and I'm sure he's living a very quiet life to avoid any suspicions). By the time the Avengers first get together, he's already a 100-year-old man and not entering any damn fight.

It gets awkward cuz now Captain may be macking on his own niece
170px-Emily_VanCamp_as_Agent_13.jpg

In that timeline he wasnt with carter, so she exists in the timeline where he's not with her and stayed frozen. He came back to the original timeline we know him from, where he was frozen, correcting all the changes.

He basically just lived his life in the alternate timeline then came back.

Now, in regards to Loki... Genius! Because they went back and put the stones where they got the from... Loki stealing the tesseract changed the current timeline in ways we don't know. Now, everything after avengers 1 has an alternate timeline... And opens up interdimensional and time travel for the mcu.

Everyone who is dead in one timeline can now be bought back on occasion, as now there are timelines and universes we know the heros can travel to where certain heros arent dead, and certain events might not have happened... And some heros might have different identities. Everyone and everything needed for time travel is still alive and well.

One thing that I'm wondering about...

I don't think it was a mistake that Marvel left Loki ignored after he gets the Tesseract. Besides his spinoff show, this may be something that ties into Phase 4.

Interestingly, Tessa has mentioned that there is a Thor 4 being pitched from Taika, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see Thor having a narrative revolving finding his brother after Guardians 3..

I don't think he was but I was certainly thinking that driving home.

Overall, I', still trying to process everything that happened. It felt like the first 2 hours were a comedy poking jabs at the entire MCU but god damn, when everybody showed up.

I just got home, and I liked ENDGAME a lot... but didn't fully love it. What's good is VERY good, and it has some of the highest "highs" of any MCU movie. It certainly sticks the landing, emotionally.

But it does drop the ball in a couple other ways, for me.

I don’t know how this movie’s version of time travel works, and I don’t really think the movie fully does, either. I know we always have to accept some fudging with time travel stories, but I believe the film's "rules" are somewhat messy and unclear.

I'm also not a fan of the fate of the universe ultimately hinging on the random actions of a rat, which brought Scott back out of the Quantum Realm.

Not Top 5 MCU for me, but I was mostly very satisfied on character and comic book spectacle - if not plot mechanics - levels.

Reactions: fryoj
Just saw Endgame. Wow.... just wow. This is now officially in my top 5 mcu films. Its really amazing to see what the mcu has turned into and how much it changed. I feel as if The Avengers movies or mcu in general is the Star Wars of this generation.

After thinking about this movie for the past 24 hours. I still think it is amazing in almost every way. The only thing I wish would’ve happened is that Thanos would have directly killed a character. In infinity war that was not his goal, but the young Thanos wanted to kill everything and with as powerful as he was, I was hoping for him to at least kill someone. Because in the end the infinity stones were the ones to cause the 2 deaths. (This is also coming from someone who wants the Night King to win in GOT) but having said all that I really do hope the Russo brothers come back on board to do Secret Wars like they have hinted at.

Reactions: HereWeGo