Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

To be fair they at least show an interchange and the hotels aren't THAT much further away than the visual representation makes it seem. For a full Resort Map I think it's reasonable.
Yes. Actually it's not that much further, in real distance, than Portofino is from IOA. But when you're actually there that freeway makes it 'feel' like its on the other side of the world.

Yes. Actually it's not that much further, in real distance, than Portofino is from IOA. But when you're actually there that freeway makes it 'feel' like its on the other side of the world.

I would rather walk from Portofino than Endless Summer, but really unless it's Hard Rock or Royal Pacific I'd probably be using the transportation anyways.

I would rather walk from Portofino than Endless Summer, but really unless it's Hard Rock or Royal Pacific I'd probably be using the transportation anyways.
Yes, no doubt. I would never consider walking from Endless Summer to the parks. Not a pretty walk by any means. But we walk from Portofino to the parks often, especially if it's not too hot/humid. Relaxing and absolutely beautiful. 15-18 minutes depending how often we slow up to gaze at the landscaping/foliage/flowers.

Yes, no doubt. I would never consider walking from Endless Summer to the parks. Not a pretty walk by any means. But we walk from Portofino to the parks often, especially if it's not too hot/humid. Relaxing and absolutely beautiful. 15-18 minutes depending how often we slow up to gaze at the landscaping/foliage/flowers.

Great point. Now thinking about it I might walk from Portofino or CBBR. I've just only stayed at Royal Pacific on-property.

So current ruling...

RPR & HR: Duh, walk it.
Little further out: Eh, on a good day.
Across the interstate: Hop a bus.

Last edited:
Howdy-ho, we've just booked 10 nights at Wilderness Lodge and 4 nights at a 2 bed suite Dockside next April. Does anybody know if the whole "if you've paid to park at the resort, you can park for free at the parks" thingie works at Universal as well as Disney? (Does it even make sense to at these resorts?)

Howdy-ho, we've just booked 10 nights at Wilderness Lodge and 4 nights at a 2 bed suite Dockside next April. Does anybody know if the whole "if you've paid to park at the resort, you can park for free at the parks" thingie works at Universal as well as Disney? (Does it even make sense to at these resorts?)

I believe the parking lots are separate. The closer hotels are actually closer than the main parking, but these new ones are across the interstate. The bus should be a lot quicker than the average Disney bus, and once there everything else is in walking distance.

Not worth moving your car at Universal. There's only two stoplights between this resort and the parking garages. If they run the buses like at Cabana Bay, it will be very reliable.

Not worth moving your car at Universal. There's only two stoplights between this resort and the parking garages. If they run the buses like at Cabana Bay, it will be very reliable.
Yes. Unless we're making a day trip to Disney, our car is generally in the same hotel parking spot the day we leave, as it was the day we arrived.

The finish landscaping and improvements along Universal Boulevard are really in full sing now! It's really coming together and the landscaping and other upgrades around the property will make a HUGE difference in the finished look of the hotels.